Hate to say this - But i told u so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:43 pm

Why would we sell Cisse and Alonso, they have only just come and got injured ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:45 pm

Why would we sell Cisse and Alonso, they have only just come and got injured

If the price is right , why not ? But again I hate to see them go .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:49 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Dont be talking stupid, we are trying to get a team to win honours not sell our best players ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:11 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

You are in fact a madman. Alonso is a class player and Cisse can be prove to be one too.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:12 pm

Why would you sell Alonso, just look at us without him !! Also Cisse is a great player.  I posted a video a while back about 15 minutes long.  He is a fantastic player.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:18 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
We need a new impetus in the financial management of the club, if we carry on like we are we WILL only be the equivalent of Birmingham and Southampton

I have a bad feeling about this .
1)We might end up like Leeds .
2)I felf that some of the players have "throw away the match". For the whole day , I thinking too much on the last match. Maybe ( who knows only GOD knows) someone out there "higher than RB" met some players and told them to "throw away the match". Nevermind if we lost the 4th spot . If we lost that spot , some of the key players like SG ($35m), Baros ($20m), Cisse($15m) and Alonso ($13m) will be sell. The money is much more "bigger " than winning that 4th spot .
Who cares about CL next season , Liverpool will be back the next 2 season . The money that get after selling these players will be given to RB and he going to start everything from the "root" .
So what I think is which has a bigger income , losing that 4th spot and selling the key players or winning that 4th spot for next season CL but the next season PL will be the same "old thing"; that is again fight to 4th spot because DM still a major share holder and won't let any investor to invest in Liverpool.

Did you think before reading any of this?
Maybe you could try and work out how much we will get for players who have been here one season and picked up long term injuries? It won't be more than we spent, we'll make massive losses. Then we have to replace them spending even more money, maybe not getting the right person, and we have another transitional season ahead of us in that case.
You've made some insane and very bad points there.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:21 pm

Yes , they are world class players but if the stituation now Liverpool is not going to win that 4th spot and Liverpool need money , the only way is to sell some of our best players :(

I was thinking to fly to anfield, just sit down in front of DM's office or building that he work and I going to make him step down by hunger strike.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:23 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Yes , they are world class players but if the stituation now Liverpool is not going to win that 4th spot and Liverpool need money , the only way is to sell some of our best players :(

I was thinking to fly to anfield, just sit down in front of DM's office or building that he work and I going to make him step down by hunger strike.

You dont know what your talking about how the ****** can we sell our best players come on, they have only just been bought.  We are a big club if we need money it will come from somewhere, but really how can you say sell Cisse and Alonso :down: . Thats the most stupid thing ive heard all day like lakes with get rid of Rafa. :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:25 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Yes , they are world class players but if the stituation now Liverpool is not going to win that 4th spot and Liverpool need money , the only way is to sell some of our best players :(

We still can win the 4th spot, but if we don't we need to hang onto our players.
I think we could take 50m for Gerrard, we might have to, and we won't get an opportunity to make that money so easily again. However Alonso, Baros, Cisse and other core squad members MUST be kept, the money for Gerrard would be enough then we must look to strengthen our squad with what we have.
If we just sell everyone we might have some money but our football will be in a mess and no one will want to come and play for Liverpool.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:37 pm

Just like I say ... I hate to see our world class player go to other club. SG , Baros, Cisse and Alonso . These are our world class players that other world class players love to be in the same team with them like Aimar, Rafael van der Vaart or maybe Ferreira Lucio. In fact I blame to DM . Why don't he just accept that he need to "open" that door to let other investor buy his share and let the money given to RB.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:49 pm

You can't sell Baros,Cisse and Alonso. Selling them would be the dumbest move of the century and we would be the laughing stock of Europe.

Alonso is a gem, we are very luck to have found such a player for only 10 million pounds. In two or three years he will be worth twice as that. We miss him badly and selling him would be insane,incredibly stupid and sad all at the same time.

You don't sell world class players, you sell players who are not world class players such as Biscan,Cheyrou,etc...

We won't get 50 million for Gerrard, probably 40-45 but no more than that, non the less thats a lot of money that can be  used to purchase World Class players. Benitez knows that in order for LFC to be successful we must have more class players such as Alonso. I believe we can get Aimar in the summer when Gerrard leaves, that would be a  brilliant business move.

I can not wait till this summer and next season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:34 pm

A very big blow to us at Birmingham and it seems many "fans" are panicking and pointing fingers at the mgr and virtually every player we have as not being good enough and should be got rid of.

If anything we should admit to ourselves that our team certainly isn't as good as we like to think it is and perhaps we should learn to accept some defeats a little more phlegmatically. Calling for the mgrs head and the wholesale departure of our present squad is not going to solve anything (lets remember we don't have chelsea's money) .
By all means be disappointed when we lose but perhaps with  a little more grace and faith, the seasons not over ,we're still in two cups and 4th place is still possible.
Walk On .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:22 am

Our next game is against leverkuson. Everything must fall into place (Correct formation, Strong 1st 11 line-up, 100% commitment from players), if we are gonna win the tie.

Rafa has more than a week to get things right. I am afraid that a similar performance against leverkuson and the fans will turn against the team (back to the old souness days).

And no more biscan. Diao was awful but at least he gave 100% every match......Biscan is not that awful but he does not chase opposing players (odd for a defensive midfielder).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:25 am

Rock you seem to be forgetting one thing, WE HAVE NOBODY ELSE AVAILABLE. We only have Hamann and Biscan available for that game, you can't possibly suggest that we play youngsters in a game such as this one.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:35 am

Hopefully Liverpool can play better in the next match  :(
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion