Has anfield lost its atmosphere - What happend to all the singing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thegreenred » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:20 am

i keep going on about the good old days in this forum, so i'll make this the last, were the hell has the atmosphere gone from anfield, the noise in the kop in the 70s and 80s sent shivers down my back. I understand since the ground became an all seater stadium its harder to generate the atmosphere of yesteryear but surely sitting down dosent stop fans singing, the semi final 2nd leg v chelsea in champions league 2005 was electric a wonderful night,but i not witnesed anything like it since, id be intrested to hear your views on this.
thegreenred

Postby Smeg » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:47 am

Yes it has, tbh its :censored: awful for most league matches, theres too many day trippers now blah blah blah..
Smeg

Postby PureLoneWolf » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:40 pm

I have noticed this a few times over the past few years, especially on a wet wednesday against Villa etc.

That said, it does occasionally lift the volume....just ask Chelsea ;)
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Postby simic_ie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Because weekend games have a lot more "day-trippers" and corporate seats than the mid-week matches... and when I say day-trippers I don't mean non-scousers ok.... I'm talking about people who just go because it is a thing to do while in Liverpool, e.g lads who go to a match and bring their girlfriend along who has zero interest. They're just there for the day out There are a lot of ooters who go to the mid-week games as well but the atmosphere at them is always a lot better.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:01 pm

thegreenred wrote:the semi final 2nd leg v chelsea in champions league 2005 was electric a wonderful night, but i not witnessed anything like it since

and you prrobably never will again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....YNWA%20
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby green apes2002 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:07 pm

hahahahahahahahahahah you 4ever walk alone
green apes2002

Postby Anfield Kop » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:15 pm

It's no more like the old days, but this atmosphere will come back little by little with the progress we have made since Rafa Benitez's arrival.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Because ive been priced out of football because of the ever increasing demands of the players (a thread ill be starting soon) i cant get to see Liverpool as much as i would like. when i do get the chance then its very rarely that ill go home and still have my voice intact, it is baffling why someone would pay the money to get in and the travel to go to a game then sit there and just watch the match, christ the whole idea behind having a crowd is to show the team support. for me its part of the whole experience and untill you do join in then your missing out on what it is to be a supporter, we as fans should never underestimate what an impact we can have to a game.

This might just be my experience from the limited amount of games i can get to but ive found the singing comes from all parts of the ground now and not left to the kop alone, also the singing of you`ll never walk alone from start to finish and in the right key is something you`ll never forget once you hear it, sends a shiver down your spine.

The last game i attended was the Benfica defeat and the atmosphere was fantastic even Benfica fans were gobsmacked by it, you cant beat Liverpool fans when there up for it, its a pity we dont get it every game.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby dawson99 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:20 pm

its because u scousers keep selling your tickets to us ooters... shame on you all
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:32 pm

stmichael wrote:
thegreenred wrote:the semi final 2nd leg v chelsea in champions league 2005 was electric a wonderful night, but i not witnessed anything like it since

and you prrobably never will again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....YNWA%20

great to see that again... was gerrard happy at the end as he left the pitch... he yelled...COME ON    :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the dome » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:24 pm

i to think analfield has no cheering anymore i can only get to watch once a year but i wear my red bobble hat all the time in finland :kungfu:
the dome

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:its because u scousers keep selling your tickets to us ooters... shame on you all

Definitely the feckin ooters' fault, between killing the atmosphere at Anfield and taking away the identity of the club I have no respect for any of them :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:40 pm

john craig wrote:
dawson99 wrote:its because u scousers keep selling your tickets to us ooters... shame on you all

Definitely the feckin ooters' fault, between killing the atmosphere at Anfield and taking away the identity of the club I have no respect for any of them :laugh:

Leon!! Where are ya lad!! :D

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Billy_5_Times » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:46 pm

Anfield has lost it's atmosphere but I put that down to the fact that the players are further away from the fans. The fact that they are sitting down should have nothing to do with it. They seem to make noise during European nights so why not for the league, even if it is against poor teams. Every game counts so every game should get the same sort of noise as the European games do.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby mr_israel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:01 pm

the atmosphere will comeback when the fans of maccabi haifa get in the stadium
mr_israel

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion