Has anfield lost its atmosphere - What happend to all the singing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby coddy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:54 am

We need a bigger stadium, that's why...... oh and up the season ticket quota!!  :p
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Billy_5_Times » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:54 pm

A new stadium is what we need. We need one as big as Old Trafford. That is the only current way Utd are getting more money than us, because comercially we are bigger than them.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby JBG » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:because comercially we are bigger than them.

And how do you figure that?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby redmikey » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:49 pm

how will a bigger stadium stop lads takin their birds to the match and not gettin to your poxy seat one minute before the kick off

how will it help ticket prices come down so that the same people can afford to go week in week out?

answer if you don't like anfield go to away games where real fans go , last term a managed 6 away and they were all ace

yes we do need a bigger stadium but it will only be full of dads takin there kids to one or two games who won't be screamin blue murder at ever decision and bloke who take there missus to the game(shame on you)

there is nothing wrong with any girl comin to the match as long as they are going to share in the passion of the occasion, true fans are always welcome

anfield at the end of the day is still the best of rthe top four for atmos but it can't compete with west brom and pompey who are jam packed with die hard fans , pompey being my vote as fans of last season by a strech
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:52 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:A new stadium is what we need. We need one as big as Old Trafford. That is the only current way Utd are getting more money than us, because comercially we are bigger than them.

not only do you know nothing abut footy but you can't read either

the scum were reported as the most wealthy club in world footy ahead of real madrid
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:15 pm

I think it's down to embarrassment.

Ie. I've sat many times in the lower centenery stand, and it's often only the kop that sings, mainly in the first half and when LFC score.

If you start singing with your mate in the lower centernery, no one else joins in! so you look a complete tw*t ! lol. Then you be quiet for a bit.

I think it is also to do with comradery, and a lot of fans coming to LFC matches are coming from London, Finland and China, and dont know what the atmos is all about at anfield.

Loads of times I'vre been the match, waliking around the stadium, allI can hear is cockneys talking and wearing and LFC shirt, Chinese people witht loads of camera equipment and other non Liverpudlians.

I think they lack soul.
Very different ot the 70's for sure.

Also, prices of tickets have probably put of a lot of Working class fmailies in Liverpool, at £32 a pop.
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Its down to the amount of "out of towner's" (woolies) who dont know how to sing..and dont know the words to half of our songs!. I sit in the kop and the amount of "day trippers" who attend L.F.C. home games is unreal..they are more interested in stuffing their faces with bloody hot dogs and pies...they cant sing cos' of the amount of grub they have stuffed into their gobs!. :angry:  :veryangry
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:50 am

matrix wrote:
stmichael wrote:
thegreenred wrote:the semi final 2nd leg v chelsea in champions league 2005 was electric a wonderful night, but i not witnessed anything like it since

and you prrobably never will again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....YNWA%20

great to see that again... was gerrard happy at the end as he left the pitch... he yelled...COME ON    :buttrock

Christ.... it's made me look at me phone videos from the game all over again - it's making me hairs stand up!!

How good was that tho - I reckon the whole stadium stayed for about half an hour after the final whistle just celebrating......... what a night.....   :D  :D  :D  :D

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:55 am

Fukk all these "day trippers"......and "cockney reds"!...why dont you support your own local team..you glory hunting parrasites. :nod  :buttrock
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Des » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:25 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Fukk all these "day trippers"......and "cockney reds"!...why dont you support your own local team..you glory hunting parrasites. :nod  :buttrock

??? you dont make a lot of sense there brother, if they were glory hunters, i think they might be following Chelsea right now.
They made a choice just like you when you chose Liverpool over everton and tranmere etc :blush:
IGNORANCE IS BLISS
Des

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:51 pm

Des wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Fukk all these "day trippers"......and "cockney reds"!...why dont you support your own local team..you glory hunting parrasites. :nod  :buttrock

??? you dont make a lot of sense there brother, if they were glory hunters, i think they might be following Chelsea right now.
They made a choice just like you when you chose Liverpool over everton and tranmere etc :blush:

Thats were your wrong bro...i was born a red...didn't "become one....born and bred scouser me...and proud of it...er how about you bro? ???
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbo1982 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:19 pm

has anfield lost its atmosphere? YES!!!!
why? because everytime you move you have some daytripper telling you to sit down and slagging the scouse accent daft f--cking wools you say you support liverpool but hate scousers makes sense
:blues:
Robbo1882
robbo1982

Postby redmikey » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:36 pm

all the scoucers and oot will only sing if we get standing back in grounds, with the cctv they have today one side of the ground for the home fans would be do able

but tv want it to be a nice middle class day out where scoucers and oot/wools ( like me from chester) have to sit next to people who are at the first game with there camera phone out taking pitures at corners :angry:  buy a feckin program if you want pictures

as for the oot b@llocks there isn't a scouser who supports this club more than me, i have been going to the games since i was 11 and have made noise and sang all over the world when watchin the boys, no matter where i was in the world i have had my red top with me, and  even my dog is called shankley.

anfield now still gives me that buzz of excitement walking up the step just before you see the pitch but more than enough you leave feeling a bit disappointed with the crowd but for anyone who stood on the kop it will always feel that way imo as there is no sense of unity and togetherness if you were to chat and hug the bird next to you when we score now you would end up upsetting her fella when he got back from getting the hot dogs half way through the first half.

away games are the future and inter net sites for moaning about it just after you ve read the score of ssn
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Crouchamania » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:27 pm

We always have a great atmosphere in big games or european nights. Just you wait this season it'll be better than ever
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:45 pm

redmikey wrote:all the scoucers and oot will only sing if we get standing back in grounds, with the cctv they have today one side of the ground for the home fans would be do able

but tv want it to be a nice middle class day out where scoucers and oot/wools ( like me from chester) have to sit next to people who are at the first game with there camera phone out taking pitures at corners :angry:  buy a feckin program if you want pictures

as for the oot b@llocks there isn't a scouser who supports this club more than me, i have been going to the games since i was 11 and have made noise and sang all over the world when watchin the boys, no matter where i was in the world i have had my red top with me, and  even my dog is called shankley.

anfield now still gives me that buzz of excitement walking up the step just before you see the pitch but more than enough you leave feeling a bit disappointed with the crowd but for anyone who stood on the kop it will always feel that way imo as there is no sense of unity and togetherness if you were to chat and hug the bird next to you when we score now you would end up upsetting her fella when he got back from getting the hot dogs half way through the first half.

away games are the future and inter net sites for moaning about it just after you ve read the score of ssn

Clearly you are the greatest reds fan in the World.  :sleep

I bet there are a few scousers who know how to spell though.

Can I just ask why the fact you dog has the name shankley is relevant.

Maybe if you'd have names him after Bill Shankly, then it would mean something.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion