Hartson another transfer rumour

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:18 pm

Ffs how many more players are we gona be linked with till january. I am not to happy on this move if it is true :glare:
Hes a good player but not world class :O

Liverpool Football Club consider Hartson
12:58 November, 5, 2004
Liverpool are believed to be in the hunt for John Hartson.

Mail The FansFC Editor
Send This Article To A Friend
Post Your View on The Msg Board

The Reds are in the market for a striker when the transfer window reopens in the New Year, following the long-term injury to French international star Djibril Cisse.

Manager Rafael Benitez admits he is searching for a ‘quality, yet cheap’ hitman, and it is believed he has now set his sights on Welsh international Hartson.

The bustling forward is out of contract at Celtic in the summer, and although he is keen to stay in Scotland, his future is far from sorted as he will be first to admit.

“My contract is up, as everybody knows, and I'm on a free," Hartson said. "So if it doesn't happen here, I have to be right, don't I? I am happy here, my family is settled, I love playing for this football club and in front of these unbelievable supporters - it's the kind of thing I dreamed of as a kid.

"I'd be delighted to do that for the next three or four years, two years, whatever I'm offered or given - if I'm given anything. But, in my head, I've realised that if it doesn't happen here I've still got to be right for whatever else may happen. I'm on a Bosman in five or six months and I'll have to be flying.

“I have to be ready for whatever other options come up. I want to put on record that I want to stay here. I do love this club, that's the honest truth. But if it doesn't happen here, I'm only 29 and feel I have four or five more years at the highest level."

Liverpool are rumoured to be set to make an offer of around £2million for Hartson, who may be tempted to make the move to one of the biggest clubs in Europe and have another crack at the Premiership.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:07 pm

Hartson isn't a bad player but not something were looking for, we haven't replaced Robbie since he left and we really need a preditor in the box as Baros and Cisse aren't those type of players :(
Last edited by Paul C on Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm

Paul C wrote:Hartson isn't a bad player but not something were looking for, we haven't replaced Robbie since he left and we really need a preditor in the box as Baros and Cisse aren't those type of players :(

Both Baros and Garcia failed with clear one on ones the other night !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:32 pm

I think thats why he stated we need a preditor in the box mate.  :Oo:
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:00 pm

I think id prefer Jan Koller to John Hartson.At least we know him and Baros have an understanding.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:34 pm

hartsons shot up, he'll quit the game after celtic, hasnt got the legs anymore, not even for SPL so prem he hasnt a hope
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:46 am

Hartson's just not the sort of player we need playing as a first choice striker, even if it is due to an injury to Cisse.

The Jan Koller idea isnt too bad actually, Dortmund are skint and in debt (a bad combination) so they could be tempted to sell, then theres the added plus of having an understanding with Baros and finally he is good in the box and is very good from set pieces and in the air.  Neither Cisse or Baros are really strong in the air and so perhaps Koller could add another dimension to the attack.  Of course I have no idea whether Dortmund would actually sell or whether he's a player whose style would suit the premiership etc.  Its just a suggestion
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Scottbot » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:35 am

Harstson!............never happen. Thats funnier than Beattie. I get the impression Rafa will only buy players who are truly comfortable on the ball, not donkeys like Hartson and Beattie. If we bring someone in it will be a class act at the right price.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:37 am

:D Do they make liverpool kits big enough to fit jan Koller :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:42 pm

We might as well sign "Big Dave" who plays up front for the Lion and Unicorn in the Ormskirk and District League as sign Hartson.

Total waste of money.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:29 pm

lmao :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:52 pm

I remember Hartson giving us a real ****** time in the Uefa cup a few seasons ago.

He is not good enough though, not good enough for the Premiership in general.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion