Harry kewell - When is he gonna be sold?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:05 am

Further to the luis garcia thread, i am also not a fan of the useless Harry Kewell.

i dont believe he will come good at all. what is it, 60 grand a week, and a cl winners medal he didnt deserve, and constantly injured.

a splinter would keep him out, useless cunt he is!!

so what do you lot think??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:18 am

When he's back with us it'll be like signing a new player because he has a lot of quality. He is a different kind of player to what we have. He can beat people, cross balls into the area, shoot and also score goals himself. He has been out a long time so he will be hungry to get back.

that was rafa referring to kewell...we knew kewell is special player(at Leeds) but now kewell is=garcia=ball waster. we should sell him
darwisigila

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:20 am

how much?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:24 am

Leeds fans were always saying Kewell was inconsistant and that he was fantastic when he could be ar.sed to play.  I hope this new formation will suit Kewell and he can do the business for us but he's been at Anfield for over 2 years now and still hasn't shown any promise :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:25 am

well he's promised to go to his bank every week to draw his salary
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:52 am

I reckon he should only be given till the next transfer window, and if he doesnt improve immensly he has to be sold, he is earning 65 grand a week, been here over 2 years its make or break in the next few months.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:57 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I reckon he should only be given till the next transfer window, and if he doesnt improve immensly he has to be sold, he is earning 65 grand a week, been here over 2 years its make or break in the next few months.

Trouble is CGGY, if we sell Kewell in January it's gonna cost us a lot of money to get rid of him unless he hands in a transfer request.  He'd still have 2 and a half years left on a 65 grand a week contract.  I don't think he's going anywhere for a while yet.

I just hope he gets himself sorted soon, we could really do with the Kewell of old right now.  He'll get chances as well, because Benitez clearly rates him highly.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:01 am

I do think his wages are an issue, a bit leech like.

You can't deny though Harry has the potential to be great if he could overcome these injuries. I hope its one of these injuries that can be fixed, remember when Stevie G was younger he kept getting groin injuries - turned out to be because his bones we're growing faster than his muscles. A small op and bob's your uncle he's now the best midfileder on the planet.

Now i'm not saying Harry is going to be the best left sided midfielder but he still could be great and could solve so many problems for us, and give us that creative magic we so need. And if i'm being honest, if Harry was match fit and playing well i'd pick him over any one else on the left side.

He apparently had a hernia operation recently, two in fact. Maybe we can get a good season out of him this year??
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:20 am

john craig wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I reckon he should only be given till the next transfer window, and if he doesnt improve immensly he has to be sold, he is earning 65 grand a week, been here over 2 years its make or break in the next few months.

Trouble is CGGY, if we sell Kewell in January it's gonna cost us a lot of money to get rid of him unless he hands in a transfer request.  He'd still have 2 and a half years left on a 65 grand a week contract.  I don't think he's going anywhere for a while yet.

I just hope he gets himself sorted soon, we could really do with the Kewell of old right now.  He'll get chances as well, because Benitez clearly rates him highly.

I know what you mean John, but how of a loss are we going to get selling Cisse, he is cup tied so if he does go to a big club who will be still in Europe we would have to drop the price by nearly half of what we payed for him.
Is this ok with the board? Is it ok to pay an injured HK 65 grand a week, for doing basicly nothing, Its been that long since I seen him have a good game for us I forget how he even played TBH.
Rafa only remembers him through the few weeks he spent at Man United when Rafa was learning his managerial skills, I just think its totally unfair, to completly outcast Cisse when Kewell hasnt done anything better than him.
What if when Kewell is fit he plays every game, what about Riise and Zenden then? Not that Zenden has impressed anyone so far but if Rafa sticks to this 4-5-1, with Crouch or Morientes upfront, I am just puzzelled by everything at the moment I dont know how or what we are trying to play.
I do know one thing for sure, if we get beat by Blackburn Rafa WILL have to change his tactics.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:28 am

I cant believe this thread judge.
I have criticised Harry time and time again, especially after he refused to play in the champions league last season.
But at this moment what has he done to provoke this thread ?
He is virtually back from injury and deserves support...for now.
If fans dont give him this chance when Rafa clearly rates him that will not help the team at all.
I understand where people are coming from who slag Kewell but cant understand why he is being criticised when he is just coming back into the first team. ???

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:34 am

I think the difference between Kewell and Garcia, is that Kewell has talent in bucket loads and has proven it in the premiership.  His problems since joining Liverpool have apparently all been down to injuries.  Lets hope he has finally used up all his bad luck and has had plenty of black cats crossing his path, and who knows.. maybe this is the next big signing for Liverpool (even if it has taken 2 years to complete!)
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:44 am

Hopefully, he stays injury free, and gets a run in the side.  That way, we can, eith see a much improved and consistant player, or have no doubts that he is a waster.

I hope he will prove us all wrong
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:13 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
john craig wrote:

I know what you mean John, but how of a loss are we going to get selling Cisse, he is cup tied so if he does go to a big club who will be still in Europe we would have to drop the price by nearly half of what we payed for him.
Is this ok with the board? Is it ok to pay an injured HK 65 grand a week, for doing basicly nothing, Its been that long since I seen him have a good game for us I forget how he even played TBH.
Rafa only remembers him through the few weeks he spent at Man United when Rafa was learning his managerial skills, I just think its totally unfair, to completly outcast Cisse when Kewell hasnt done anything better than him.
What if when Kewell is fit he plays every game, what about Riise and Zenden then? Not that Zenden has impressed anyone so far but if Rafa sticks to this 4-5-1, with Crouch or Morientes upfront, I am just puzzelled by everything at the moment I dont know how or what we are trying to play.
I do know one thing for sure, if we get beat by Blackburn Rafa WILL have to change his tactics.

Yeah it's a tricky enough situation.

In Cisse's case, I think we'll be lucky to recoup half of what we paid for him anyway if we sell him in January.  I don't know who is to balme really for overspending on Cisse in the first place.  I know Houllier initiated the deal, but surely nothing was signed until Benitez took over.  I don't believe that Benitez would spend 14mil on Cisse, so are the board to blame here?  Something is not quite right about why we paid 14 mil for this guy.

In terms of what happens to Riise or Zenden if Kewell gets fit, I'm not sure.  The Zenden signing is looking like a mistake since we are not using him.  Rafa prefers Kewell to Riise, and Riise to Zenden, so Zenden's not going to get much action on the left.  Then we may have had Gonzalez on top of that!  I think Zenden was bought primarily as centre mid cover, but then Sissoko became available and we signed him too, and he's a better player than Zenden.  So Zenden is looking a bit of an odd signing now, especially since Benitez rarely uses him these days. 

He may come into his own in the latter half of ther season when injuries are mounting and he's stil relatively fresh, you never know.

You're right about the blackburn game, it's a MUST win for us, let's hope all our players come through these internationals unscathed.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:40 am

If we sell him , we won't get much ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby antz » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:29 pm

Rafa rates the guy and is hoping that he can discover his Leeds form. I was wondering what the other players make of Harry, they must know that his on a good wage and does flying :censored:. Can you imagine Carra in training when he pulls up after stretching!!

Give him until the summer and then we can see if his worthy of the LFC shirt
antz

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion