Harry kewell - When is he gonna be sold?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:48 am

On original question - ASAP. He failed to produce too many times. :angry:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:48 am

Pretty high on my wish-list is a great comebck season from Kewell. I think that he has been treated harshly, what are you sopossed to do about injuries...?
He deserves our support, and how is he sopossed to make an impact if people are already saying that he has no chance.
Trust Rafa on this on :cool:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:31 am

His talent and ability are unquestionable. The two sides to the arguement are;
1). He is a waster and can't be bothered.
2.) He genuinely has had injury problems, and is blameless for his form.

Obviously we'd all like to see him firing on all cylinders again, but only time will tell. I think we really need to support him, otherwise he may feel (if not already) "sod this, I'm off".

A brilliant player that through bad injuries and patchy form has had so much hate directed towards him. (From me aswell).

I've seen the light!!!! :D    Maybe you can too. :;):
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:42 am

if kewell can beat defenders and not waste the ball easily...im happy
darwisigila

Postby gordy_123 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:42 am

watch kewell for australia v jamaica today, he will play some part in the game, he will rip up, just like he cut up beckham when aus won 3-1 v england :p
gordy_123

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:03 pm

He's not in the squad. The medics say they don't wanna risk him
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:37 pm

darwisigila wrote:Kewell? clueless...............................

BEST POSTS :nod
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:05 pm

As much as Kewell has disapointed so far at this stage it might be foolish to offload him just yet.
Zenden or Kewell ? Its a tough one !
66-1112520797

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:37 pm

As Lando pointed out earlier, Kewell played his part in many of the goals he scored despite being injured for most of the season.

The most important goal he set up was the header to Mellor that led to that memorable goal against Arsenal. This is his last chance though, he needs to show that he wants to make an impact which he is a capable of. Benitez rates him, the fact that he played him in the final against Milan shows that and also Benitez scouted him when he played for Leeds. He wanted to sign him but Houllier beat him to the punch.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:56 am

kewell or zenden, take your pick, they are both fucking useless!!  :nod

i doesnt matter if kewell aint as good as he used to be, we should never have bought him. In fact, i think lfc only bought him to increase female support for ther club, as he is a pretty boy :angry:

as for Zenden, not producing the form that saw him do good things at Boro. Another Erik Meijer as far as im comcerned :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:02 am

He didnt play in the friendly yesterday.

Socceroos coach Guus Hiddink may be waiting on Harry Kewell's fitness leading up to their World Cup play-off next month, but at least he can be confident the rest of his team will be ready after watching them outclass Jamaica.

Hiddink was hoping to give the Liverpool winger a run-out as a substitute in the friendly at Fulham's Craven Cottage but Kewell had to watch from the sidelines as Marco Bresciano, Archie Thompson, Mark Viduka, John Aloisi and Joel Griffiths scored to give the Socceroos a convincing 5-0 victory.

Kewell is recovering from surgery on the groin injury that forced him off in the first half of the Champions League final - his last appearance - and was invited to Holland last week to be part of Australia's training camp as they prepared for the Jamaica friendly and their World Cup double-header against an as-yet-unknown South American opponent.

And although the player was almost fit enough to make his first international appearance since last November, Hiddink admits he is not depending on Kewell's availability for next month just yet.

"Harry was working very well this week and I think, for him, it's very important," said Hiddink.

"We will help him, and so too will his club, to make him a good programme so that he can improve his physical fitness and then he will be ready for Australia and also for Liverpool in a few weeks - that's what I hope."

"It's not very long but if he retains the rhythm of this week in his preparation and his treatment, and also training, then five weeks should be sufficient for him."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:01 pm

5 weeks!?! Surely he doesn't need that long!?!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:30 pm

Judge wrote:i doesnt matter if kewell aint as good as he used to be, we should never have bought him. In fact, i think lfc only bought him to increase female support for ther club, as he is a pretty boy :angry:

You didnt actually mean that statement did you ?

I was made up when we signed Kewell, like the majority of LFC fans.
I would of preferred Duff but thought bringing in Kewell at the price we did was brilliant business.
He has let himself and the fans down with his attitude at times, and he has also been very unlucky with injuries.
He is on his last chance with me, and has already used it with some fans.
But if you can honestly tell me that you were disappointed when we signed him i would be very surprised.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:50 pm

You can't deny that on his day Kewell is one of the best left sided wingers in the premiership. But he's failed to deliver this consistantly for us. But if you think about it towards the end of his leeds days he was struggling with injuries.

Hopefully with this lengthly lay off he'd got himself sorted out physically and mentally and he will produce the performances he's capable of.

I reminds me alot of what happened to smicer during his time with us. The fans where also groaning when he lost the ball or didn't make a tackle which you could see knocked his confidence. Don't get me wrong smicer had some outstanding performances for us but more often then not the pressure of the crowd was to much for him.

Lets get behind kewell when he returns and give him the chance to find his form again. And then at the end of this season (injury free)he can be judged
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:27 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Judge wrote:i doesnt matter if kewell aint as good as he used to be, we should never have bought him. In fact, i think lfc only bought him to increase female support for ther club, as he is a pretty boy :angry:

You didnt actually mean that statement did you ?

I was made up when we signed Kewell, like the majority of LFC fans.
I would of preferred Duff but thought bringing in Kewell at the price we did was brilliant business.
He has let himself and the fans down with his attitude at times, and he has also been very unlucky with injuries.
He is on his last chance with me, and has already used it with some fans.
But if you can honestly tell me that you were disappointed when we signed him i would be very surprised.

i meant it

i never liked him when at leeds either
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion