Harry kewell - When is he gonna be sold?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:42 pm

The short answer to the question when will Kewell be sold is of course, probably never. If you werew running a book on the way that Kewell will eventually leave Liverpool, being transferred would be a big outsider. Favourite for me would be loaned out with us paying most of his salary, with retired injured a close second favourite. But transfered? on his wages with his injury record? almost out of the question I would say.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:42 pm

Judge wrote:Further to the luis garcia thread, i am also not a fan of the useless Harry Kewell.

i dont believe he will come good at all. what is it, 60 grand a week, and a cl winners medal he didnt deserve, and constantly injured.

a splinter would keep him out, useless cunt he is!!

so what do you lot think??

Deep down I tend to agree with what you said , I do seriously doubt whether he will come good.

But Im cluching at straws here in hope he will suddenly transform back to the player he was at Leeds  :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby RedRoots » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:08 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I cant believe this thread judge.
I have criticised Harry time and time again, especially after he refused to play in the champions league last season.
But at this moment what has he done to provoke this thread ?
He is virtually back from injury and deserves support...for now.
If fans dont give him this chance when Rafa clearly rates him that will not help the team at all.
I understand where people are coming from who slag Kewell but cant understand why he is being criticised when he is just coming back into the first team. ???

He did play in the Champions league early stages and wasn't too bad i recall.
RedRoots

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:11 pm

RedRoots wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I cant believe this thread judge.
I have criticised Harry time and time again, especially after he refused to play in the champions league last season.
But at this moment what has he done to provoke this thread ?
He is virtually back from injury and deserves support...for now.
If fans dont give him this chance when Rafa clearly rates him that will not help the team at all.
I understand where people are coming from who slag Kewell but cant understand why he is being criticised when he is just coming back into the first team. ???

He did play in the Champions league early stages and wasn't too bad i recall.

Thats always been Harry's problem, he has always put ok performances in and never any outstanding ones  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:26 pm

kewell ???

thats all i can say
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:45 pm

I'm not being funny, but I watched the 2004-05 season review the other night, and Kewell was directly involved in a suprising amount of goals.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:11 pm

he has never been the same player since the ankle injury he sustained 2000-2001 season,he has lost about 2 yards  of pace and no longer beats fullbacks and whips crosses,another useless buy by houllier,he should have bought damien duff straight after the last world cup for 13 million when it was agreed with blackburn but the stupid idiot wasted that money on diouf,cherouy and diao :veryangry
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:19 pm

Too true. :(

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Apart from the fact it was 17million and not 13million.
115-1073096938

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:44 pm

I think kewell deserves another chance!
the reason being we are crying out for a winger,it would be great if he came back and produced some old form but being realistic what are the chance of this happening.
what are the chances of him staying fit given his track record for us.. pretty slim

As for selling him,who would  buy him when he demands 60k a week and is probably the most injury prone player in the prem..
so we are stuck with him it seems.
he has a massive question to answer.. has he still got the desire,does he want to play football?
The only way he can answer this is to pull on the red jersey and give his all every time.
Dont be holding your breath though
66-1120597113

Postby greenred » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:14 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Apart from the fact it was 17million and not 13million.

Blackburn were looking for 10million for Duff in July 2002.Houllier said he wasnt worth that much and went and spent the money on El Hadj Diouf instead.Duff`s fee only went up to 17million when Chelski started sniffing around twelve months later.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:19 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:As for selling him,who would  buy him when he demands 60k a week and is probably the most injury prone player in the prem..

This is what people who constantly call out for under-performing or :censored: players to be sold don't realize. Who exactly would buy them, and also agree to the player's terms?? Not many. Kewell won't be wanting to take a massive pay cut, if he does move. Not many can afford and will willing put up with his salry demands when he's looked at as a gamble and a under-performer. I think we sold Diouf for only a couple million, and that was after he performed well and chipped in with a fair amount of goals at Bolton on loan. How much do people think Kewell is worth?? Not much, kids. It wouldn't even be worth selling him. The only plus point would be that he is off the wage bill. Still, if he ever does come good..he would be worth his wage. I would rather wait him out and see how he performs this season, then at the end of the season...that would be the time to make a decision. Rafa obviously rates him anyways, no matter how injury prone..
Kid a

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:24 pm

Personally i have always liked kewell. Last year was a big disappointment but when he did play i thought he was alright. Leverkusen at home he was brilliant, Olympiakos he was great, arsenal at home he was good. The guy is quality and if he wasn't do you think rafa would give him so many opportunities. I know cisse wouldn't.
Icant wait for kewell to return.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:26 pm

Kid a wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:As for selling him,who would  buy him when he demands 60k a week and is probably the most injury prone player in the prem..

This is what people who constantly call out for under-performing or :censored: players to be sold don't realize. Who exactly would buy them, and also agree to the player's terms?? Not many. Kewell won't be wanting to take a massive pay cut, if he does move. Not many can afford and will willing put up with his salry demands when he's looked at as a gamble and a under-performer. I think we sold Diouf for only a couple million, and that was after he performed well and chipped in with a fair amount of goals at Bolton on loan. How much do people think Kewell is worth?? Not much, kids. It wouldn't even be worth selling him. The only plus point would be that he is off the wage bill. Still, if he ever does come good..he would be worth his wage. I would rather wait him out and see how he performs this season, then at the end of the season...that would be the time to make a decision. Rafa obviously rates him anyways, no matter how injury prone..

Agree with that.We`re on a hiding to nothing offloading him now.Lets see what he has to offer when he comes back.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:29 am

Kewell? clueless...............................
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion