Harry kewell - When is he gonna be sold?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:22 am

bigmick wrote:I think he looks exactly what he is at the moment, a player coming back from a long-term injury who is gradually feeling his way in. He has shown some good touches but we knew he had those. He has shown good awareness but we knew he had that. What he hasn't shown yet, and we can wait for this, is desire. Ultimately, a player as talented as Kewell will either make it or not depending on how much he wants it. If he can find from within that burning passion for the game he had as a 12 year-old when he played for fun, then we'll have a star. If not, then he'll run his contract down and move on.

considering your just a mick, with a big name (pun)  :D  :D , you do post some good stuff.

Much of the time, if you look at Kewells face, it is full of grimaces and paleness, which shows his lack of desire. In other words, you are more likely to be correct mick with this assumption.

I want kewell to do well, but he's a long way off convincing me, regardless of injury
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:03 pm

Judge wrote:Much of the time, if you look at Kewells face, it is full of grimaces and paleness, which shows his lack of desire. In other words, you are more likely to be correct mick with this assumption.

I think it's to do with a lack of confidence, he only needs a few good games to get back in it
AlanHansen

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:27 pm

a haircut and some black football boots would help followed by some bloody hard work.Injury or not the guy needs to start showing some desire and stop strolling through a game like a big poof worried how his hair looks and if his headband will stay on.  :angry:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:45 pm

drummerphil wrote:a haircut and some black football boots would help followed by some bloody hard work.Injury or not the guy needs to start showing some desire and stop strolling through a game like a big poof worried how his hair looks and if his headband will stay on.  :angry:

that would also include whether he thought his groin would snap, i bet he dont worry about that when he's tomming his missus  :angry:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:37 pm

i say give him this season to prove himself at lfc...if he doesn't sell him IMMEDIATELY-
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:48 pm

drummerphil wrote:a haircut and some black football boots would help followed by some bloody hard work.Injury or not the guy needs to start showing some desire and stop strolling through a game like a big poof worried how his hair looks and if his headband will stay on.  :angry:

Yeah, my wife asked me when had be bought Peebles from the Flintsones! [bitch!  :D ]

hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:53 pm

redsince2001 wrote:i say give him this season to prove himself at lfc...if he doesn't sell him IMMEDIATELY-

That doesn't make sense.

Kewell done well to let Cisse through last night, I wish people would have more support for him though, because we all know how good he can be. It's not his fault he's been injured, he hardly faked it. When he does come good a lot of people will be jumping from the Garcia bandwagon onto his, which p1sses me off about some LFC fans at times.
RedRoots

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:04 pm

look reboots, i've never suggested that he faked his injury... but, when u pay 40 thousand a week(or thereabouts) for someone and he keeps getting injured then there's no option but to move on.
  we all know wat he CAN do ...but he isnt just performing...thus i think we sud give him this season (which sud be ample) 4 him to prove his worth,to prove he still has got it ...the desire to lfc and its fans. do u agree?
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 pm

Kewell done well to let Cisse through last night, I wish people would have more support for him though, because we all know how good he can be. It's not his fault he's been injured, he hardly faked it. When he does come good a lot of people will be jumping from the Garcia bandwagon onto his, which p1sses me off about some LFC fans at times.

good point. Kewell has been injured 5 months and it's going to take at least 5 full games for him to get sharp again.  He assisted Cisse's goal and looked ok last night.  We all know he's got this year to prove himself and i'm prepared to give him until xmas until i pass judgment.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:55 pm

You might also get the chance to see him run around for Australia's world cup qualifier against Uruguay in Montevideo on the 12th and Sydney on the 16th. I doubt he will be a starter for either game (Australian coach Guus Hiddink won't risk him if he isn't OK)  but the match practice will certainly sharpen him up. 

Despite the bagging HK gets on this site, I rate him as a good footballer and when he fires there are few that can play with the passion and skill that he can. Maybe playing for his country may reignite the desire that a lot of you guys claim he is lacking.

Final word - good luck Harry.   :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:05 am

fuck kewell the useless meandering bastard, just sell him rafa and buy jaoquin or at least someone who looks remotely interested
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:27 am

Hey Judge.... :rasp   :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:25 am

Lionheart wrote:Hey Judge.... :rasp   :D

:D come on uruguay  :rasp   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:59 am

RedRoots wrote:
redsince2001 wrote:i say give him this season to prove himself at lfc...if he doesn't sell him IMMEDIATELY-

That doesn't make sense.

Err...that wasn't a pass.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby JohnBull » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:30 pm

That was 40 grand's worth of stumble, do you mind.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion