Harry is ok honest ! - Kewell is out of condition, rafa.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:08 am

Serious work is good! I'm totally biased to Kewell cos he is aussie, but redrider is absoloutly correct. He needs a kick up the ****** and pull his finger out. That is the only way to regain confidence. I think that is why rafa let him go to aus to play the Solomon Islands. I think he would of hoped that a couple of goals against easier opposition would of boosted his confidence.

The only way to have a better mentality is to play...but then again only way to recover from injury is to rest. I hope he's fully fit enough to play at his peak of his physical ability - but until then, he can never get back his confidence. I believe he can do it!

On a side note, is Risse playing for Norway in the friendly? Be good to see them play against each other. I know The Aussie squad is full of Premiership players. I think it will be a good game.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:15 am

From SKYPORTS
Kewell admits form worry
by Peter ORourke -  Last Updated 12 Nov 2004
LiverpoolUnder-fire Liverpool star Harry Kewell has admitted he has been unhappy with his form at Anfield.

The Australian international has not reproduced the form that made him one of the best players in England, and Kewell accepts he has been a disappointment since arriving at Anfield.

"I'm my own biggest critic and I don't need people to tell me when I'm playing well and when I'm not because I know and tell myself.

Kewell revealed he has been playing with a stomach injury which has blighted him for some time.

"I'm still feeling the injury to my abductor at the moment. It's giving me a bit of grief and I could probably have done with a little bit longer to get over it completely," added Kewell.

"But because of everything we've got on our plate I've had to step right back into it."

The winger fears for his place at Anfield as he knows there is a lot of competition at the club.

"The competition for places is so tough that everyone knows you could be one match away from the bench. That is pressure," concluded Kewell.

So Harry has hurt his 'Abductor', sounds like something from the 'X Files' !!
He  fears that he is one match away from the 'Bench' or is that a mis-spelling, in Harry's case, should it be 'Beach' !! ?

It's hard to see Harry pulling out of this particular nose-dive in form !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:17 am

He will be on bondai beach if Nunez is any good cause we have warnock aswell shape up or ship out harry :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:24 am

I know Benitez and Rush have come out to defend Kewell a little but really they are bound to back him to an extent. Thing is this kind of talk about Kewell has gone on a while now. Its not like he is a young kid trying to find his feet in the first team or a foreign guy feeling his way into a new job. Its about time the talking stopped and he started putting in the kind of performances we know he can. His comments about fearing for his future make me think he has had a warning behind the scenes. Liverpool do not have a squad large enough to wait for him to get his act together. For me the waiting game is almost over. I would say that if this continues he must be let go at the end of the season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:19 pm

These are some quotes from Harry on LFC.TV today.

"I'm still feeling the injury to my abductor at the moment. It's giving me a bit of grief and I could probably have done with a little bit longer to get over it completely.

"But because of everything we've got on our plate I've had to step right back into it.

"I'm not a player who has been injured regularly but I can't remember the last time I went into a game not feeling a strain somewhere on my body.

"But the competition for places is so tough that everyone knows you could be one match away from the bench. That is pressure.

Physical condition is very important, and I think if a players performance is being affected by injuries he should be given ample time to get over it. He should be comended for his commitment, but playing injured hasen't helped himself or the club.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:17 pm

Hes only making excuses.  Harry Kewell is worth around 25 million.  His hunger for winning is gone.  His career is in auto pilot....move on Harry and allow somebody with fire in their stomach for success to take your place.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby gabbyh » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:01 pm

If Rafa shows confidence in him, why shouldn't we?
Do you think he suffers from depression? Maybe coming to Liverpool, where he always wanted to be, has caused problems for him? He might not feel worthy?
Suffering from Depression does not make you a wuss.
I am only speculating, but reading the press made me think that.
gabbyh

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:05 pm

Hes loaded.  Why would he suffer from depression.  Maybe hes depressed thinking about what to do with all his money.

Also, I'm sick of our managers backing players that play ****** for us.  Remember how Houllier used to back Diouf and Cheyrou ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby gabbyh » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:23 pm

Sorry Sean, believe me. Depression has nothing to do with status or money. I respect Rafa, believe in him. Rafa is not Houllier. GH was a nice guy, Rafa is a bloody good manager with loads of nous.
gabbyh

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:25 pm

Fair enough gabbyh, lets give Harry a chance !
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:30 pm

gabbyh wrote:Sorry Sean, believe me. Depression has nothing to do with status or money.

Yes it does. I am depressed...I am looking for both status and money  :(
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:30 pm

...and X'mas is still a month away
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:39 pm

Well Rafa isn't showing blind faith is he. He droped Kewell and is playing Riise down the left who is doing a better job.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:26 pm

Exactly!! He hasn't sold Kewell either.
If I was Owen and sold at £8 million? ?????
He hasn't put him out on loan either.
Rafa knows what he is doing!
gabbyh

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:32 pm

Hey gabbyh are you a cat lover or are you just trying to freak us out with your avatar (looks like the cat as no eyes) ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion