Hamman next out - Not mad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sparky1970 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:18 pm

in my last post i suggested that we sell hamman and was accussed of being mad well two points

1, I have worked in the mental health field for 15 years working with clients with mental health issues so i think i will assume that i am of sound mind.

2, hamman is 29 with less than a year to go on his contract he is very defensive, slow,plays to many sideways balls and does not score as many as he should also i dont feel he will fit into our new system of play.
sparky1970

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:25 pm

He's a class player.

He's probably our 4th best player in terms of ability still and you are suggesting we sell him.

We aren't a selling club. We're trying to build a squad not destroy one. You might preffere John Welsh if we have an injury in centre mid, i wouldn't.
115-1073096938

Postby sparky1970 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:37 pm

i agree he is a good player but we will not win the title with him at cm why do you think we are buying alonso he is not there to replace gerrard, rafa is moving this club forward unfortunately i dont think he will not be along for the ride.
sparky1970

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:46 pm

Yeah.

He is bringing Alonso in to replace Hamann.

Why sell Hamann though? Whats that gonna acheive? Sell Hamann when he wants to go. Not before hand. You don't sell players because they aren't in the side. You keep good players, Hamann's a good player. Selling him would be foolish unless we NEED the money.

Its about options and a squad. To build a great squad, you get rrid of current squad players and the current first teamers become your new squad players with the new arrivals improving on them hopefully.

Selling good players because they're on the bench is stupid.

End of.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:50 pm

sparky1970 wrote:in my last post i suggested that we sell hamman and was accussed of being mad well two points

1, I have worked in the mental health field for 15 years working with clients with mental health issues so i think i will assume that i am of sound mind.

Mental helath problems may well rub off .. you know and it can't have helped watching Liverpool for the past decade or so  neither :D

But joking aside.. if Hamann is sold  Benitez has made the decision following his assessment of the player.. lets wait and see what happens...ay  ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sparky1970 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:53 pm

hamman was a very good player 2 years ago, we all want the same thing, top of the table but be honest with yourself would hamman get in chelsea,man scum or arsenal's first 16 i dont think so
sparky1970

Postby big al » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:56 pm

Hamman has already stated he intends to see out his contract and return home to Germany, thats next June so Rafa had to replace him this season in order to allow his replacement to settle.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:19 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Yeah.

He is bringing Alonso in to replace Hamann.

Why sell Hamann though? Whats that gonna acheive? Sell Hamann when he wants to go. Not before hand. You don't sell players because they aren't in the side. You keep good players, Hamann's a good player. Selling him would be foolish unless we NEED the money.

Its about options and a squad. To build a great squad, you get rrid of current squad players and the current first teamers become your new squad players with the new arrivals improving on them hopefully.

Selling good players because they're on the bench is stupid.

End of.

I was all for getting rid of Didi too, but to be honest Stu, you make a very good point!!!

Its all about depth and he certainly is a class act :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:23 pm

I agree with stu,on Hamanns stature at the club,but I believe benitez will allow him to leave,come the january sales,for a tidy sum before he goes on a freebie.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:27 pm

It is very bad idea to sell Hamann to another club, so we need him and he is very experienced player. That is very important for Liverpool squad.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sparky1970 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:35 pm

It's true it is all about class which hamman had and still is a very talented player but we need to move foward fast to catch arsenal and that means improving our squad with more mobile and creative midfielders who can supply our obvious excelent strikers
sparky1970

Postby crowfucious » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:40 pm

whether benitez wants to sell didi or not depends upon offers from other clubs. I heard no-one was interested not even in Germany.

Tragic though it is for a player of his calibre but perhaps it is a blessing in disguise for us.

It can't hurt to have two players (didi and xabi alonso) who can play in the same position.

It'll be interesting....
crowfucious

Postby sparky1970 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:53 pm

good point crow his contract is nearly up but still no clubs are showing any intrest thus adding weight to my statement that for lfc to move to the next level we have to bring better players than hamman this also includes dioa and biscan, its not just a whitch hunt on hamman.
sparky1970

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:01 am

Should Hamman be replaced? Yes but not sold, what if Alonso gets injured who will then take his place? Biscan? Even though he is from the same country I am, Biscan is not ready to play the whole season. He needs to improve, so Hamman would be a good replacement player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:13 am

I agree Hamann is a great player. Hes too good to off load at this moment, hes the kind of player you want sitting on the bench. Its about building up a strong squad, not building up a strong starting eleven.

We need to keep Hamann for at least another year, i also believe selling Finnan is going to be a bad idea, hes another quality back up.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion