Hamman next out - Not mad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:26 am

you're having a laugh aren't you? finnan is quality? omg have u seen him play? he can't cross a ball he has no pace, finnan is nowhere near quality

hamann is a decent player, but hes not what i call quality, but i would keep him until we get someone in better than him, so we have back up for alonso and for gerrard which is important in a long season

the next player in line to leave is finnan and i think thats a good sign, hes not scared to get rid of ******, thats what houllier didn't do, and now we have a manager who knows how to manage a club
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:36 am

Hamman should be kept for atleast another season, Finnan, I am not sure about him yet.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:07 am

You keep him, if he has less then a year on his contract your not going to get much for him anyway.
Besides he is a class player who makes great cover and provides a good replacement for a long season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:16 am

I must admit I'm starting to worry about the depth of our squad now that Benitez is getting rid left, right and centre. I hope he's up to something that we can't see yet, but the wisdom of getting rid of someone like Hamann (our current 1st choice alongside Gerrard) instead of Biscan and Diao (our 2nd and 3rd choice alongside Gerrard) baffles me. Surely to create a good squad, you bring in a good player at the expense of a s**t one?

That way, your old first choice can battle it out with the new first choice for any given position, and having those little internal battles will raise the level of the whole squad. It's the problem we've got with Kewell - we've got no realistic challengers for left midfield within the squad, so it looks like he's going through the motions every time he plays. If we get a couple of injuries, we're in serious trouble.

As for Finnan - I think it'd be stupid to let him go. Fine, we've not seen the best of him, but he's versatile cover for the whole right hand side, and that's a valuable asset.
ivor_the_injun

Postby laza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:32 am

While im not big fan of Finnan, i rather see stay as cover especially as we dont how long Nunez and even Alonso will take to even settle into the tempo of EPL
Though of course the almighty dollar or pound, euro etc may be the major factor in trying to offload which is a worry in itself if we really need 2 million that bad to fund other transfers
Problem i suppose in wasting so much moola in last couple of years on the United Nations of overrated chumps
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jordantoh » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:48 am

well.. this is the result of the "excellent" spending by our previous manager GH :angry:

the only brilliant signing he has done is Hyypia and i hope Kirkland will become the second. Other than tat, all are over rated players whom he bought at high price. we are not charity to poorer clubs.

Poor Rafa, no funds becoz of past mistakes :(
jordantoh

Postby akumaface » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:33 am

mrcool2003 wrote:you're having a laugh aren't you? finnan is quality? omg have u seen him play? he can't cross a ball he has no pace, finnan is nowhere near quality

hamann is a decent player, but hes not what i call quality, but i would keep him until we get someone in better than him, so we have back up for alonso and for gerrard which is important in a long season

the next player in line to leave is finnan and i think thats a good sign, hes not scared to get rid of ******, thats what houllier didn't do, and now we have a manager who knows how to manage a club

I agree Finnan has no pace but he passes and crosses well. He has versatility and quality. I would keep him instead of the likes of Diao and Biscan.

As for Hamann, he is a class act and is very important to our team. Look at the records last year after he got back from injury. He is extremely important to our club. He is not flashy because he is not required to be due to the position he plays. I'm sure he can just as creative if he was asked to be. He is an intelligent player. Defensively, how many times do you see him misses a tackle or give the ball away. He excel in defending and would still make a significant contribution to the club.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:01 am

jordantoh wrote:well.. this is the result of the "excellent" spending by our previous manager GH :angry:

the only brilliant signing he has done is Hyypia and i hope Kirkland will become the second. Other than tat, all are over rated players whom he bought at high price. we are not charity to poorer clubs.

Poor Rafa, no funds becoz of past mistakes :(

Well while we may not have seen the best of him yet, in fairness to GH i think picking up Harry Kewell for IIRC 5 million  was pretty good business though as you state there havent been too many other highlights in recent times transfer market wise
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:35 am

why our regular players seems like ruled out benitez's plan since he was landed anfield.

danny has gone,mickey paid with low price......now's hamann and finnan turn.

we're not a million-purpose FC but i used to say that isn't benitez want some fresh blood but he can't totally tear off our formattion.

oh god,help me and i am already tired to see that my hero has gone time by time.

:angry:
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby laza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:41 am

desperado0831 wrote:danny has gone,mickey paid with low price......now's hamann and finnan turn.

um where has been said that Rafa is getting rid of Didi...this thread i think has been started by the opinion of forum member not by any transfer news
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:21 am

Hamann is one of our great players, as Stu said, but he's leaving his peak now. Selling him would be a good idea (before he's being a freebie, as SS said) if the replacement for his position is already available.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:24 am

Hamann told he has a future at Liverpool.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby crowfucious » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:21 am

How can jurgen klinsmann leave didi out of the Germany squad. they have such a weak defence they need him. Not that I am too bothered if the Germans get another beating, Remember England Remember Romania...:laugh:
crowfucious

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:34 am

this season is hamann's last at liverpool as his contract is up in june. he should be kept, thanked for his services at the end of the season and moved on. he's still a very good player and would provide excellent backup in the centre of the park. get rid and we're stuck with biscan and diao as central midfield backup.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby daglish 7 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:48 am

haman is still a good midfielder but has lost what little pace he had , shame to see him go though ,remember leverkausen
daglish 7

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion