Halfway - What points tally must we aim at?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Halfway - What points tally must we aim at?

42-45 points (minimum 7 wins out of 8)
52%
38-41 points (minimum 5 wins out of 8)
42%
34-37 points (minimum 3 wins out of 8)
2%
33 points or less (as long as we're unbeaten)
4%

Total votes : 50

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Lee J wrote:reality is if we win our game in hand we'll be 2nd, 4 points behind the leaders - I'd have taken that before the season started :cool:

Some people with egg on their faces in this thread thats for sure.

If we beat Reading, then United and Chelsea beat Arsenal (week Sunday) then we will be 2nd with a game in hand and one point off top spot.

Even if we only get a draw against United and Chelsea overturn Arsenal its still going to be only 3 points with a game in hand.

But anyway this is all in spite of Rafa's rotation policy, he is just a fat spanish waiter . . . . . . . . . .  .

fat spanish waiter !!

:D   :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:56 pm

Yeah f**king rafa just think what points we would be on now if it wasn't for his meddling.

:D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:04 pm

85 pts will likely win the league this year.

We're forceast to achieve 77-81 pts.

There doesn't look to be much in it.
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:44 am

Anfield rapper wrote:Yeah f**king rafa just think what points we would be on now if it wasn't for his meddling.

:D

never a truer word spoken in jest,

the fact is mate if it wasnt for his fecking about we could be top and not relying on others,

rafa was getting it wrong, he is now letting us play football, we are going out to win and thats why we have started winning, so no egg on my face matey, he has changed his tactics and thats why we are suddenly looking good, i dont buy into the 'blip' bollox, we were playing badly for one reason and we all know what that is
112-1077774096

Postby taff » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:57 am

My prediction

We will win the league but with less points than in the last few years due to the top four dropping points mainly due to the emergence of the improved league consisting of the top half of the PL especially the teams competing for Europe.

The press will say that Rafa got lucky due to a poor season for points.

What nobody will mention is that it was Man U only, then Man U and Arsenal then Chelsea joined that merry band and now with the Sky money more clubs are competitive.  Oh and it was the money spent by Rafa so he bought the league.  And Torres and Gerrard saved him from the sack.  Gerrard is no longer the force he was.  Chelsea in turmoil after Mourhino.  Arsenal the magnificent kyboshed by the African cup.  Man U had a blimp with the old guard making way for the yougsters but they will eventually conquer all again.  Liverpool fans gloating after winning number 19.  Headline to use could be "Scousers steal title" or "Kop this" says defiant Carragher on last day of the season.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby poolboyuk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:31 am

Seems to me Rafa is an enigma - he has the best win rate of any manager since Paisley at 60% yet you always feel the team could do that bit more but for a bit less rotation. 2005/06 was a classic - a miserable 3 wins out of 8, then he found the blend of Kewell, Alonso, Gerrard, Sissoko and we went on title winning form till the end of the season. This season is turning out a bit the same. Also its not a good reflection of Rafa's purchasing that a midfield of Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell and Mascherano is arguably still our best midfield lineup.
poolboyuk

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:33 am

poolboyuk wrote:Seems to me Rafa is an enigma - he has the best win rate of any manager since Paisley at 60% yet you always feel the team could do that bit more but for a bit less rotation. 2005/06 was a classic - a miserable 3 wins out of 8, then he found the blend of Kewell, Alonso, Gerrard, Sissoko and we went on title winning form till the end of the season. This season is turning out a bit the same. Also its not a good reflection of Rafa's purchasing that a midfield of Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell and Mascherano is arguably still our best midfield lineup.

Noooooooooooooo you are not allowed to criticise rafa in here mate,  rafa is a god like figure who gets everything right and our poor form was part of some genius plan that he has hatched    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:26 am

poolboyuk wrote:Also its not a good reflection of Rafa's purchasing that a midfield of Alonso, Gerrard, Kewell and Mascherano is arguably still our best midfield lineup.

???

Two of which he did purchase and then there's that other bloke who's one of the top five midfielders in world football and surely doesn't need replacing.  That leaves Kewell, who is still quality, by the way.  Sure, Rafa might have done better getting in someone who could play while Harry's been injured but there's no denying that, when fit, the Australian can play a bit.  So there's no shame in sticking with that midfield quartet whatsoever.  Strange, strange argument.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:59 am

oooooooooh bad bob must have deleted my post, next time you want to delete a post have the courtesy to inform the poster why you are doing it
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 am

Reading - WIN
Man Utd - DRAW
Portsmouth - WIN
Derby - WIN

We will have 40 points by the halfway point.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:05 am

peewee wrote:the fact is mate if it wasnt for his fecking about we could be top and not relying on others,

rafa was getting it wrong, he is now letting us play football, we are going out to win and thats why we have started winning, so no egg on my face matey, he has changed his tactics and thats why we are suddenly looking good, i dont buy into the 'blip' bollox, we were playing badly for one reason and we all know what that is

you are so far up your own @rse its not true.

You make out like your posts on here have resulted in changes, when there has been none, and these changes where your brain child and resulted in wins.

BULLSHIT

Have we stopped rotating - NO

Have we stopped Zonal marking - NO

Have we changed tactis - NO
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:06 am

peewee wrote:oooooooooh bad bob must have deleted my post, next time you want to delete a post have the courtesy to inform the poster why you are doing it

I have not deleted your post, just to clarify.

In fact isnt this the second time you have claimed that posts have been deleted when they have not ?

"Look at me, I am being oppressed"

Get a grip.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:51 am

well if we are going to win the league which i still think it to early for this talk , we need to win all home games and if we can beat the big teams away we got a golden chance ! but how hard that is going to be i couldn't tell you at the moment.

But if we beat the mancs well i meen 2-0 , 3-0 i think they will really get us some fear factor and could just help us to our first prem league title fingers crossed
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:17 pm

To be title contenders you have to win your home games and after drawing with Chelsea and Arsenal Utd has become a must win game, unless are away form against the other members of the old big 3 improves greatly
burjennio

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:42 pm

peewee wrote:oooooooooh bad bob must have deleted my post, next time you want to delete a post have the courtesy to inform the poster why you are doing it

What in the f.uck are you talking about?  I haven't deleted a thing of yours.  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion