Had you heard of houllier b4 he managed liverpool? - Be honest.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Had you heard of houllier b4 he managed liverpool? - Be honest.

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes : 22

Postby banana » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:07 pm

XSD is right. This time we will at least have a guy that has won something in the past.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby malone » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:31 pm

if youre a proper footie fan, you must have heard of houll
malone

Postby banana » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:20 pm

Why malone? Maybe some people had heard his name, or had seen his face. Nobody knew what football he cherished or what style he preferred. (I'm still puzzled about that) But who cares? He was no Capello, Lippi, Benitez, Hitzfeld..... His fame came from failing to take France to WC 94. And now he is known for wasting good money on shitt.y footballers.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Zardoz » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:42 pm

zackboxer wrote:
Boocity wrote:I think Israel came into it somewhere, if it was Bulgaria who beat them I think it meant that Israel qualified ahead of France. But I might just be brain dead and imagined it :p

The French needed 2pts to qualify and had home games against Israel and Bulgaria left to play. The French lost 3-2 to Israel and then got beat 2-1 by Bulgaria!!
Sweden and Bulgaria qualified.

on a side note bulgaria and sweden were 3rd and 4th at that WC.
Zardoz

Postby big al » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:13 am

There are people here who know things I'm not one of them.  I knew of Houllier as a technical advisor but not as manager.  Anyway  Benitez scares me plaese someone record this, I have major doubts, he failed, and failed and failed, before he took on a legacy of hector cupar.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:44 am

Maybe its an Irish thing,but i agree with al.I have severe doubts about Benitez.He has never built a successful team at the top level,he has no experience of big money transfer dealings,he has no experience of english football.He is a massive gamble.Call me a repeating record if you want,but i reckon if Shanks and Paisley were still alive they would pick the man from Glasgow Celtic as new manager of LFC,and i would trust them a lot more than Moores and Parry.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:36 am

Surely this season has proved you DON'T need BIG Money to win the top prizes in footballl ?? The UEFA , Champions League and even the PREM have been won by teams not built on the Chequebook but by being tactically better, fitter and more skilful than their peers................

Your reservations Greenred are summed up in your very last sentence about trust and I don't blame you one bit ...... This board refused the money of a genuine LFC Fan in favour of a far eastern countries Prime Minister with a dodgy record on human rights and a penchant for al lthings Manchester ???

Ultimately i'd have  liked to have  see Alan Curbishley at Liverpol despite what some have said on here about it being a disaster. He's smart in his handling of players, tactiaclly aware and financially astute. Add to this an experience of playing in the Prem and the healthy respect of almost everyone in football..

Popular trend dictates that we will follow the current trend and appoint Benetiz but it could be FAR worse , we could be getting Ciross !!!!!!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:29 am

Our old boy Michael Robinson, who's view of Spanish league is one I respect have said that Benitez is an inspired choice, the right man for Liverpool and has performed absolute miracles at Valencia under difficult circumstances.
I know appointing another foreign coach is a gamble and personally I would prefer a British manager. However, at least we know Benitez is a coach and truimph over the mighty Real and Barca in Spanish league. So he's already coming to Liverpool with better pedigree than GH.

On a side note. Robinson also mentioned that after Benitez took over from Cuper, he lost his 3 world class players. Anyone here know who was he referring to?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:59 am

Kily Gonzales and Gerard. Third player I don't know.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:45 pm

John Carew LOL
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:49 pm

mendieta
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous