Gutted - Simple as that

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:19 am

Ive been saying for the last week all kinds about OWEN sayin we dont need him and were better off without him, but as the reality of Owen leavin settles in i just have one word to describe him leavin.....GUTTED. Our one man who single handedly won so many games for us has gone and what makes it worse we get 1.5m more then we got for Heskey.....How fu*ked up is that. Dont care what anyone says about sayin he finished, if he was finished why does the best club in the world wanna sign him? ???
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Badmao1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:35 am

I'm gutted that a good player is leaving my club but happy for Owen and wish him all the best. A couple of years ago i would have been upset by Owen leaving but somehow i'm not too worried. The fee isn't bad because unlike Heskey he only has one year left on his contract and the money and the player we get in exchange will improve the side. I'm looking forward to watching him play for Real Madrid.

Lets not forget that Ian Rush  left us only to return, and i wouldn't be surprised if we saw Owen turn out for Liverpool again in a couple of years.
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:42 am

Sad if it happens but not so gutted.

Owen is the one who has been stalling and Liverpool have tried their best to meet his demands. If he goes, it is not because Liverpool did not want him, he wants to move because he is not prepared (perhaps) to rotate with the other strikers. If his heart is no longer 100% in Liverpool, why make him stay on?

We should cherish the good times he has given us, thank him, wish him all the best and remember that he has a short career span as a player and has the right to try his luck elsewhere.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:48 am

azriahmad wrote:We should cherish the good times he has given us, thank him, wish him all the best and remember that he has a short career span as a player and has the right to try his luck elsewhere.

Agreed, but not the way this episode is being handled.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:48 am

Bruno Zidane! wrote:Ive been saying for the last week all kinds about OWEN sayin we dont need him and were better off without him, but as the reality of Owen leavin settles in i just have one word to describe him leavin.....GUTTED. Our one man who single handedly won so many games for us has gone and what makes it worse we get 1.5m more then we got for Heskey.....How fu*ked up is that. Dont care what anyone says about sayin he finished, if he was finished why does the best club in the world wanna sign him? ???

I feel the same way.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:54 am

A.B. wrote:
Bruno Zidane! wrote:Ive been saying for the last week all kinds about OWEN sayin we dont need him and were better off without him, but as the reality of Owen leavin settles in i just have one word to describe him leavin.....GUTTED. Our one man who single handedly won so many games for us has gone and what makes it worse we get 1.5m more then we got for Heskey.....How fu*ked up is that. Dont care what anyone says about sayin he finished, if he was finished why does the best club in the world wanna sign him? ???

I feel the same way.

Maybe, just maybe...Real wanted to fill up their quotas for a new Galacticos each year, plus at £8M he is a snip that they simply couldn't pass up. Also now that Ronaldo is heading back to Italy, they will need a solid replacement/back-up/competition for the other strikers.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redman25 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:03 am

A very sad day for the club but like any other quality player who has left we will walk on!!! I wish Michael the best of luck in Spain, shame though think we will go places under Rafa.  The fee involved just dont seem right but then again as we all know he could go for free after December.  The lad has given us very fond memories too many to mention!!  Good luck to one of the best strikers this club has ever seen.    :(
redman25

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:05 am

not gutted
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:30 am

and just to makes things worse i saw owens hat trick against newcastle the other day on the premiership, the first was a drive from a tight angle, the second he megged given and the third and best, he beat to defenders b4 chippin given and ran off to rub his hands in glee with Paul Ince......CLASS!
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:32 am

Just about sums it up for me.

Theres also anger at Owen for messing us about for so long, the more he did it the more it became obvious he was holding out for a big European team to come in for him.

At some stage Im sure Ill be able to wish him well and good luck but not yet.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ralmach » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:34 am

Here in spain is said that Owen's contract ends next year and if LFC don't let Owen go to Madrid he won't sign a new agreement next year so he will leave LFC free.

Thah could be the reason of the cheap deal.
Spanish LFC fan
ralmach

Postby jymbojetset » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:36 am

Bruno Zidane! wrote:and just to makes things worse i saw owens hat trick against newcastle the other day on the premiership, the first was a drive from a tight angle, the second he megged given and the third and best, he beat to defenders b4 chippin given and ran off to rub his hands in glee with Paul Ince......CLASS!

But how many like that has he scored in the last two years?
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:43 am

jymbojetset wrote:
Bruno Zidane! wrote:and just to makes things worse i saw owens hat trick against newcastle the other day on the premiership, the first was a drive from a tight angle, the second he megged given and the third and best, he beat to defenders b4 chippin given and ran off to rub his hands in glee with Paul Ince......CLASS!

Dont care mate.....where would we be if we hadnt have had him 4 the last two years?, whos finished top scorer the last two years?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:44 am

jymbojetset wrote:

Dont care mate.....where would we be if we hadnt have had him 4 the last two years?, whos finished top scorer the last two years?

and how many players do score hat tricks like that every season?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:55 am

I'd have sold him last summer when it was clear he was stalling (like Mcmanaman) and got much more money for him.

Poor business by Lfc to let a high class player get to within 2 years of the end of his contract and not get him to resign immediately or sell him.

A bit of business sense wouldn't go astray at this club. I mean paying £15m for 2 africans nobody heard of and buying 2 goalies (both good but only 1 can play at any one time) for about £11m. How many players have we sold at a profit (bar players that came through the acadamy)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion