Gutted for ged - lyon out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:23 pm

I was rooting for him too, I know he bought some sh!te but he did turn the club round, he honestly loved (and still does) Liverpool!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:26 pm

in his prematch interview u can tell he still wanted to be at liverpool. and he wants a return to england. he always looks out for our results so lets hope he beats the french points record with lyon this season.

psg :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:36 pm

When asked about Liverpool, Houllier still uses the "we" term.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:44 pm

Basically anyone who doesnt feel for the guy isnt a proper red in my eyes. The fella loves the club, nearly died in charge didnt he? Never forget that.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:41 pm

I do respect what he did for the club, he took the helm at a bad time, but am i wrong in thinking that he delivered some glory when it had been missing for so long. F.A cup, League cup, UEAFA cup,Super cup. And three of them in one season.

Not bad for someone that is apparently hated and no good.

So in my opinion i wish him all the best, it was just time for him and our great club to move on.

:bowdown
Flashard

Postby Paul C » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Flashard wrote:I do respect what he did for the club, he took the helm at a bad time, but am i wrong in thinking that he delivered some glory when it had been missing for so long. F.A cup, League cup, UEAFA cup,Super cup. And three of them in one season.

Not bad for someone that is apparently hated and no good.

So in my opinion i wish him all the best, it was just time for him and our great club to move on.

:bowdown

Totally, well said fella  :cool:

Ged  :buttrock
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:42 pm

they caught ac milan on a bad day and still couldn't beat them
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:25 pm

0asis wrote:laza,

It's wasted on a majority, me thinks. I just think it'sa disgrace that lots of Liverpool fans hate Houllier to such a degree and it's normally down to two things, the sale of Robbie Fowler & his 2002 signings Cheyrou, Diao and Diouf.

:no

Oasis, mate:

Your defense of Houllier is reasonable and I share many of your sentiments.

Hindsight's always 20/20 on the transfers so I try not to get too carried away bad-mouthing him over the signing of the 3 Stooges! 

My main problem with him in the end was the tactics: sit very deep, invite all kinds of pressure on the defence and then lump it over the top to Owen as a first touch.  It was fun to see it work but frustrating when it didn't come off.  Beyond that, we didn't offer a lot of creativity going forward and so ended up losing or drawing a lot of games we should have won.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Houllier did do a lot of bad things towards the end, but he DID change our training mentality from the spiceboys (going out, getting lashed up after the match) to the continental approach. No drink, early nights and staying on the right side of the newspapers.  Before Houllier, Evans couldn't control the players off the field.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:40 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Houllier did do a lot of bad things towards the end, but he DID change our training mentality from the spiceboys (going out, getting lashed up after the match) to the continental approach. No drink, early nights and staying on the right side of the newspapers.  Before Houllier, Evans couldn't control the players off the field.

Souness was the first to try the continental approach,
Houlier was never a great coach in my eyes,if we are really being honest the football we watched was the worst ever seen at Anfield
If plan A failed try plan A the problem was plan A was poor
There has been more class football played at Anfield this season alone than was ever played under houlier.

Be grateful for the for the trophys and wish him well but lets not kid ourselves that he was any kind of master tactition who served up anything that remotely passed for good football,
I swear he sent the team out at home to defend the 0-0, so whenever we fell behind we just carried defending as plan B never exsited

Was it not the total discontent amongst the supporters that finaly got him out.
teamleader1

Postby Flashard » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:03 pm

teamleader1 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Houllier did do a lot of bad things towards the end, but he DID change our training mentality from the spiceboys (going out, getting lashed up after the match) to the continental approach. No drink, early nights and staying on the right side of the newspapers.  Before Houllier, Evans couldn't control the players off the field.

Souness was the first to try the continental approach,
Houlier was never a great coach in my eyes,if we are really being honest the football we watched was the worst ever seen at Anfield
If plan A failed try plan A the problem was plan A was :censored:,
There has been more class football played at Anfield this season alone than was ever played under houlier.

Be grateful for the for the trophys and wish him well but lets not kid ourselves that he was any kind of master tactition who served up anything that remotely passed for good football,

Was it not the total discontent amongst the supporters that finaly got him out.

Hey i'm no massive Houllier fan, but like stated earlier do have respect for him. But to say he was no tactition is simply not true. If he has to play a system where they sit deep and play a long ball for Owen. That was possibly due to the fact that he knew he did not have the quality to go out there and dictate games therefor use your strength and that was sit deep with Haman and release Owen when Possible. After all he had the vodoo sign with Ferguson as he also had a good record against the Mancs when they were very strong, both home and away. You can only manage what you have and buy with the funds you have availible, therefor we were very successful under Houllier, have we finished second since houlllier aswell. No not as yet although this is simply a matter of time.
Lets not knock previous managers but look at the whole picture.
Flashard

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:22 pm

What exactly did he get sacked for,being good
teamleader1

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:55 pm

teamleader1 wrote:What exactly did he get sacked for,being good

In the word of RAFABENITEZ

you are a tool

:laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:47 pm

0asis wrote:
teamleader1 wrote:What exactly did he get sacked for,being good

In the word of RAFABENITEZ

you are a tool

:laugh:

How many managers have you actualy seen at Anfield?
teamleader1

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm

One word : Treble.

You lose, I win.

It's a mini adventure out there.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion