Guti to liverpool - Will be a good buy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chelsea forever. » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:06 am

Real's Guti hopes for Premiership move

Real Madrid midfielder Guti insists he wants to quit the club to play in England.

Jose Maria Guti: Premiership switch? (JohnWalton/Empics)

Guti first said a fortnight ago that he felt the best thing for him and Real Madrid would be for him to leave the club where he has spent his entire career.

The 28-year-old, pictured shaking hands with Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard on a beach in Ibiza in the national press today, is tired of being the eternal substitute no matter how well he is playing and wants the chance of regular first-team football.

'I have a contract with Madrid until 2008 but it is true that I hope to start a new period in my career and open the way in another team,' he said.

'I also feel I could play in another league,' said Guti, who is clear about where is his favoured destination.

'There is nothing concrete at the moment, but I have always said that if I left Madrid, I would like to play in England.

'The English league is ideal and I would be willing to go if the move benefited the club (Madrid),' he added.

In Spain Guti has been linked with Juventus, AC Milan, Liverpool and Arsenal.

'I am proud that clubs like that, all of them big clubs, could be thinking about me,' he said. 'They have great squads and coaches and are capable of doing important things. It would be very interesting to play for any of them.

'I have spoken to (Emilio) Butragueno and (Arrigo) Sacchi (Madrid's vice-president and director of sport). They know how I feel and what I want and know we have to look for a solution that is for the good of all of us,' he said.
Chelsea forever.

Postby RedorDead » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:20 am

You're gonna get some abuse for this post mate - not that I feel you deserve it, I like these sort of posts but someone is gonna mention that horrible rumours thread soon!!! haha

Anyway, to the point in hand....I would like to see Guti join us, however I am not sure we would be a solution to his eternal substitute role, I mean with Xabi and Garrard here along with Didi and Garcia we have a lot of central players already. Still, we have a LOT of games this season and I suspect he'd certainly get a lot of games should he come. He is talented for sure and for me personally would be a welcome addition
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:47 am

Well for starters i dont even know where the Rumours section is, as i only visit the genral forum.

If im not mistaken Didi has only a 1 yr contract and Biscan is out (right?). So a MF of Garcia-Alonso-Guti-Gerrard would be as strong as any other. However im not sure if you can play Alonso-Guti-Gerrard together as they are all central midfielders, has risse cemented that left MF spot?
Chelsea forever.

Postby Erica » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:59 am

Guti is a far better player than García. Guti often comes out to the pitch as a substitute. García would play very very little in Real Madrid. I would say that Guti has more or less the same level as Alonso, perhaps our Xavi is just a little bit better. Of course, this is only my opinion.
Erica

Postby banana » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:32 pm

Real is trying to sell some of their fading stars. Guti is one of them. Don't think he has got what it takes .Good passer of the ball, good control, but he is not a team player Rafa style. He does not move around very much, he is not particularly strong or quick and his mentality is bad. And; he is not as good as Gerrard or Alonso.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:34 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

he's a fancy-@rsed waste of time who couldn't tackle his way out of a wet Echo. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:47 pm

The Rumours thread is the one at the top that says in capital letters. ST MIKES RUMOURS THREAD!!! :censored: off with the :censored: threads.
115-1073096938

Postby RedorDead » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:17 pm

The Rumours Thread is the one at the top that is total sh!te....is 30 pages long...is impossible to have a "DISCUSSION" on and is just a disjointed collection of jibberish.
Threads such as this give everyone a place to DISCUSS one particular rumour without getting lost in an enormous thread about countless other subjects and I for one prefer this format.
P.S - see my post above for thoughts on Guti
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:29 pm

Well maybe people could come to some sort of agreement??

Perhaps for major rumors (e.g. Renia, Kujit etc.. the ones that are more obvious transfer targets..) you could have seperate threads.. and the rest of the 'silly' rumours can all go in the big rumor bin?? :)

Of course, this presents the problem of what makes the criteria of a major rumour and a silly one...

This is just a suggestion btw.. just trying to keep the peace... so don't bite my head off.  :D
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:07 pm

A centre mid who can't tackle.

He is pretty average if you ask me, not as good as what we have in that position.  Guti is a high profile player mainly because he plays for real, not because of his footballing ability.  And apart from that he looks like a big p.oof

Don't sign him Rafa

:no
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:52 pm

Why not create a Rumours sub-forum next to Players Lounge etc? That way you can have a different thread for each seperate rumour without one big monstrosity!

Anyway Guti looked a promising player but now he's 28!! and he's not a player we particularly require so I say NO
Adebisi

Postby RedorDead » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:06 pm

Why not create a Rumours sub-forum next to Players Lounge etc? That way you can have a different thread for each seperate rumour without one big monstrosity!

Best idea I have heard yet, I know it is frustrating to have rumopurs thread every few hours about the same of stuff but it is just as annoying to have one giant thread covering every bit of conjecture from ridiculous non truths to substantiated connections between our club and players. A "sub-forum" would be a very good comprimise.
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:08 pm

yep i'm all for that, would be an excellent compromise. Then rumours posted in here could be moved to the appropraite rumour section of the forum.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:01 pm

I think the policing of forums has been slightly overdone in the last couple of weeks. I haven't posted much myself as there's not much to stir the juices TBH but whereas I find the acerbic wit of one or two on here hilarious at times I have to say that getting in a lather because people keep starting new threads is getting a bit daft really. I tend to steer clear of certain posters new threads (fifty times 1234spammed twice shy as they say) and think I have a reasonable idea about who's views I am interested in. Even within a thread I skim through those with numpty tendences and concentrate on those with knowledge (after all, this life 'ting is too short innit). As a general rule, those that can't string two words together probably couldn't string two passes together in their youth.
'Course, nobody gets it right all the time. I made myself a cup of coffee today, parked me erse infront of the old keyboard and noticed with glee that Stu had started a couple of threads (he's one of the best and most knowledgeable on here in my view). "Something to get your teeth into here Micky boy" I thought, only to discover that he had had one of his funny turns (he does go a bit schitzo from time to time does our Stu). Maybe the sun got to his head or something. Happens to all of us sooner or later I s'pose.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:38 pm

bigmick wrote:As a general rule, those that can't string two words together probably couldn't string two passes together in their youth.

I like this anallargy (spelling?? sorry!!)

You must have been close to becoming a pro on that basis then BIGMICK.....  :idea   

Me too as it goes....hehe!!!  :p

YNWA
76-1115222408

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion