Ground share

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:38 am

I see the ground share agenda has arisen again,  :angry: .
Everton seem to be pushing for it as well as the council.
There is no :censored: way I want us to share with them bitter :censored: :angry: .

Agency calls for shared stadium Jul 16 2005

By Larry Neild, Daily Post

THE region's leading regeneration executive last night called on Liverpool and Everton football clubs to build a joint stadium.

Steve Broomhead, chief executive of the Northwest Regional Development Agency (NWDA), believes the debate should be re-kindled following a decision that public funds could not be used on a new ground for Liverpool FC.

Following his comments, Everton FC's chief executive last night said he would be prepared to take part in fresh talks to explore the idea.

Liverpool have participated in previous talks, but the club has always maintained a view that a joint ground would not be supported.

However, the spiralling cost of a new home at Stanley Park could force Liverpool to look again at its strategy.

One source close to the debate said: "While the discussions about public funding have continued, the costs of a Liverpool ground have spiralled and possibly put a single-use ground out of reach. A lot of people were wondering how soon the shared-ground debate would reopen."

Making his comments about a shared ground, Mr Broomhead said: "The principle of a shared ground is worthy of consideration. We have promoted such an idea for some time and the ball is firmly with the two clubs. We at the NWDA have made very clear our view on this issue.

"I have also made it clear that the NWDA will not put any public funding into what would be a commercial scheme for Liverpool FC.

"Our view has been that we will be considering grants for the regeneration of the Anfield and Breckfield area of Liverpool, but we are not going to pay towards what will be a private car park for the club."

Mr Broomhead's new call comes after an influential property conference in Liverpool discussed the ambitious idea of a joint stadium on the waterfront at Central Docks.

Mr Broomhead added: "The business case for a joint stadium is as clear as before and there is a lot of sense in the clubs sharing a ground.

"The Anfield and Breckfield area needs to be regenerated and we are reaching make your mind up time."

Liverpool's victory in the European Cup Final is likely to put the prospect of a joint ground even further off the radar map, with the club eager to reap the financial benefits of its winning streak in Europe.

Everton fans are said to be split 50-50 on the question of a shared stadium.

The biggest question will be the ownership arrangements should a joint stadium ever get off the starting block.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:49 am

The council and the bitters can p.iss off they arn't gping to share a stadium with us. I mean this groundshare thing is to benefit everton and the council because everton cant afford their own new stadium at the docks where a music arena is going to be built now. They can get lost. What are they going to call the stadium, what colour will the seats be? What will the name of the stands be.

If this goes ahead we will lose the stadium name Anfield and the stand name The Kop. And what's the point of putting it near the docks as once again its bebefiting everton.

Feck off everton and the council  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

As you have in your sig ciggy El ground share, El no f@cking way   

:angry:
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:59 am

Why are costs spiralling? I just thought that we were having trouble getting funding. These are two seperate things and if the costs are spiralling, why don't we just stay at Anfield??? New isn't always better. Case in point, Fenway park: the oldest baseball stadium in the US. It is at the same time the most beloved and the most sold out.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:43 pm

Cant see why we just dont extend Anfield, Liverpool own all the houses around it now, they bought my nans brothers house 2 years ago off him, moved him to Sefton Park in a 180 grand house he died four weeks later of cancer :(  his 3 daughters recieved the 180 grand from Liverpool when the house got split.
I think we should stay put and extend it, f@ck the bitters cause there skint and want to use our luxurious new ground.
There would be loads of arguments over the seat colours, the stands no kop, names etc etc.
plus the pitch would be in a right state, now we have one of the best looking pitches in the league.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:48 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Cant see why we just dont extend Anfield, Liverpool own all the houses around it now, they bought my nans brothers house 2 years ago off him, moved him to Sefton Park in a 180 grand house he died four weeks later of cancer :(  his 3 daughters recieved the 180 grand from Liverpool when the house got split.
I think we should stay put and extend it, f@ck the bitters cause there skint and want to use our luxurious new ground.
There would be loads of arguments over the seat colours, the stands no kop, names etc etc.
plus the pitch would be in a right state, now we have one of the best looking pitches in the league.

I'll second that motion. But we are losing so much money every game because we don't have enough seats. Man Ure. make so much more than us just for the sake of a few thousand seats. Seats which we could easily fill. Somethings got to happen. But a ground share. No
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:51 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Cant see why we just dont extend Anfield, Liverpool own all the houses around it now, they bought my nans brothers house 2 years ago off him, moved him to Sefton Park in a 180 grand house he died four weeks later of cancer :(  his 3 daughters recieved the 180 grand from Liverpool when the house got split.

Yeah I agree with that, we could extend seating and put a screen up etc
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:53 pm

The groundshare idea is just something from the bean counters who have no idea what LFC/football/passion is about. Having anything representing Everton in our stadium would be like decorating the walls with $hit.

Does anyone know why costs are spiralling? Did the contractors give a completely wrong work estimate or is it rising prices for building materials because of the Chinese boom? (They are growing so fast that there just isn't enough building materials to go around so prices are rising to all-time highs)

Or is it just the funding???
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:00 pm

Exclusive: Secret NWDA Groundshare plans unveilied

As the furore over Liverpool & Everton’s proposed groundshare recedes, Building Monthly can exclusively reveal that the proposals for the shared stadium were at an advanced stage before being sensationally rejected by the Anfield outfit.

Cleaning staff at London-based Architects; Corbussier, Ormerod & Kutchner came across images of the proposed shared stadium as they were brushing crumbs off Msr. Corbussier’s drawing board last week. “It is true, we were asked by the NWDA to deliver concept sketches” said Serge Corbussier of COK. “At first, - given the intense rivalry between both clubs- we thought this was a wonderful opportunity to develop a ying-yang concept. Of equal opposites united in a cauldron of football”. “We were later told that the stadium funding would be split between both clubs, and that their respective ends of the ground were to reflect their input into the budget as a whole” he continued.

“With this in mind we did a feasibility exercise to see what each contributor’s ‘half’ would look like. What we ended up with was less ying-yang and more Wing - Hing”.

Everton chief Keith Wyness is currently doing his one-man-band tour of Rhyl & Connaghs Quay to raise funds for the Blue-end of  the stadium, and was unavailable for comment. Anfield firebrand, Rick Parry is on holiday on a primitive Barbadan beach.

(Below: Those proposals in detail):

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:01 pm

policy wrote:The groundshare idea is just something from the bean counters who have no idea what LFC/football/passion is about. Having anything representing Everton in our stadium would be like decorating the walls with $hit.

Does anyone know why costs are spiralling? Did the contractors give a completely wrong work estimate or is it rising prices for building materials because of the Chinese boom? (They are growing so fast that there just isn't enough building materials to go around so prices are rising to all-time highs)

Or is it just the funding???

Its mainly the funding, cause we have been waiting for the right investment for so long, Steve Morgan was all for the ground share, plus he is a builing contractor which would have saved us alot of money on the new stadium and would have probably had the foundations laid already if he would have invested.
But we have seen with that red bearded leprechaun you have to be careful who you let invest in the club.
Even though our great club is still run mainly as a family business we are short of millions of pounds.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:03 pm

(Below: Those proposals in detail):

Image[/quote]
:laugh: There end doesnt look much different to woodison :p
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:17 pm

stmichael wrote:Image

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:48 pm

:D  :D  :D
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 pm

Pretty sure Parry etc will continue to reject the proposal, if LFC doesn't want it too happen then it's hardly going to happen is it.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:19 pm

Bootle Red has emailed NWDA , if anyone wants to email them heres the email addy :D

Couldn't resist a rather blunt yet hasty e-mail to the fat c*nts office as below:

Sir/Madam, It would be greatly appreciated if you could forward this message to the aforementioned Mr Broomhead.
As a lifelong Liverpool fan who frequents many fansites on the Internet I can categorically state that;
NO LIVERPOOL FANS WANT TO GROUNDSHARE.  Liverpool FC have reiterated this point so please save your breath and stop attempting to force this issue as the people that matter quite simply say NO.

Have a nice day

Anyone that wants to send anything the address is webmaster@nwda.co.uk

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:33 pm

I've added my response. Basically said "no-thanks". I did add that the Lord of the manor does not invite the huddled masses to share his four poster, in reference to us letting Everton use our ground, so I think I've covered all the bases. If I get a reply, I'll let you guys know.

:buttrock
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion