Great read

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:21 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Paul Tomkins would be standing on the deck of the Titanic berating those getting into the lifeboats by re-assuring everyone that the boat was about to turn the corner.....

Tomkins is always an interesting writer but master of seeing the bright side to every terrible situation, sometimes seeing what he wants to see regardless of whether its there or not.

Sure, Hansen has been guilty of criticising the club and he would annoyed many with his Gerrard comments, but Hansen is far more loyal to his former club than many give him credit for.

true JBG, paul tompkins though a great writer is Definitely guilty of having red beer goggles. But still a good read, with some interesting points
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:49 pm

I dont think Paul Thomkins was writing thru red beer goggles , i think he was saying it as it is. It was a really thought provoking article and to me personally , it was spot on .

We are fighting for 4th place  only this season, but next year when all ( fingers crossed )  the injured players return and a few new faces have appeared , thats when we will really see what Raffa has accomplished
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:16 pm

I don't know Paul Tomkins but I saw him arguing on another forum that we should swap El Hadji Diouff for Kevin Nolan. :O
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:19 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I don't know Paul Tomkins but I saw him arguing on another forum that we should swap El Hadji Diouff for Kevin Nolan. :O

didn't we reject nolan as a 16 year old? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:52 pm

stmichael wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:I don't know Paul Tomkins but I saw him arguing on another forum that we should swap El Hadji Diouff for Kevin Nolan. :O

didn't we reject nolan as a 16 year old? ???

not sure about that, but he's scouse and i think he was a liverpool supporter as a boy.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:30 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
A.B. wrote:and Peter Schmeichel talking in some kind of strange language that is neither English nor Danish –– a language known purely as nonsense.

:D

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion