Great read

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:51 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I refer His Royal Highness to my previous answers.

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon, you come and go, you come and go....

At last an inconsistency, I said I wasn't going to comment again but I was stirred by your thought provoking reply LFC  :D

Not so much on the football question as I've already covered that (and it is heartening that your reply confirms that as I thought, the quote you were looking for isn't actually there) but on the musical reference. I note you've adopted the number one record "Karma Chameleon" from the extremely popular (of the time) beat combo, Culture Club as your anthem. It's an interesting choice.

I can see why you chose it, and there is another line in it other than the one you've quoted which fits you perfectly. I'm referring of course to the "I'm a man, without conviction. I'm a man, who doesn't know", which features in the bridge.

It is a very catchy little tune though and I'm presumtious enough to be surprised you are old enough to be familiar with it. Yet more surprises LFC, though I think even you would concede that my steal from the lyrics was better   :;):  :D
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:06 pm

bigmick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I refer His Royal Highness to my previous answers.

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon, you come and go, you come and go....

At last an inconsistency, I said I wasn't going to comment again but I was stirred by your thought provoking reply LFC

Not so much on the football question as I've already covered that (and it is heartening that your reply confirms that as I thought, the quote you were looking for isn't actually there) but on the musical reference. I note you've adopted the number one record "Karma Chameleon" from the extremely popular (of the time) beat combo, Culture Club as your anthem. It's an interesting choice.

I can see why you chose it, and there is another line in it other than the one you've quoted which fits you perfectly. I'm referring of course to the "I'm a man, without conviction. I'm a man, who doesn't know", which features in the bridge.

It is a very catchy little tune though and I'm presumtious enough to be surprised you are old enough to be familiar with it. Yet more surprises LFC, though I think even you would concede that my steal from the lyrics was better   :;):  :D

The quote I was looking for must have had the wrong coloured coat on at the time :D .

"If however we fail to achieve the levels set out in my aforemntioned parameters, I would be advocating a change of manager.

The reason I don't advocate changing the manager as of now is that I think Rafa deserves the opportunity to go the whole season with his stronger sqaud, to see if "Rafa style" can work this time."

You see, mate, the 'aforementioned parameters' haven't been met (we're out of the league already), and you have absolutely no doubt now that "Rafa style" will not work. So you are now advocating a change in manager  :eyebrow

...red, gold and green, red, gold and greeeeeeeeen..

Truce, Mick? (You might just want to say no, given what happened the last time that word was mentioned - bad  karma and that :D )
LFC2007

Postby KOPMATT » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:38 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:after all the Champion's league Winning side was comprised of mostly Houlliers players

Just a small reason why the people who have pointed out to me, like they are some sort of footballing fountain of knowledge, are just talking out of their a$ses.

For the fact that the CL winning side was mostly Houllier's team, even with the few players Rafa brought in that made an impact (Alonso, Garcia mostly) I seriously doubt Houllier had the tactical aptitude to even get close to winning that competition no mater how long he would have been in charge. Another Houllier my f*cking bollox!

Totally agree Emerald!
I hadn't seen the post before nevermind read it, great read many thanx to the poster!
KOPMATT

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:50 am

What a load of tosh of as post !! Absolutely fuming reading this....
What the phuck are you trying to do - justify RB's ineptitude of late by comparing football and footballers of a bygone era with the current LFC setup ?
Football, fitness, health, diet, psychology etc. have moved on immeasurably since even Wenger started recruiting the first of his starlets; or since Fergie dished out the cash on Pallister or Keane....There's no comparison between then and now.
If - as a club or manager - you don't stay fresh, aren't on the ball with tactics and the whole gamut of professionalism, you sink. After 20 years, Fergie is STILL on top of his game, still picking and signing top class players who fit in right from the off, and most importantly who hit the ground running. And how does RB stack up against them ? I rest my case....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby PhiLFC » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:51 am

Fuck... now I've got Karma Chameleon in my head and it'll be there all bastard day
PhiLFC

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:54 am

PhiLFC wrote:Fuck... now I've got Karma Chameleon in my head and it'll be there all bastard day

:laugh: pmsl  :laugh: I had the same problem mate  :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:55 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Truce, Mick? (You might just want to say no, given what happened the last time that word was mentioned - bad  karma and that :D )

I like truces mate and of course the answer is yes. A fitting end to an intriguing tussle is that it ends with a handshake and a ham sarnie. An honourable draw is a fair result given the attempts on goal stats.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion