Goodbye anfield..?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:25 pm

So thats it then. Anfield, the most glorious home in British football will be gone forever in 2 years.All of the emotion of the last 112 years consigned to DVD's and memories.Well at least we can look at the other clubs who have left their homes for inspiration-Sunderland...., Sorry, Derby...., sorry, I do apologise.. Man.city...Fu#k I give up.
Does anyone else have the same terror at the move as I do.....
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:41 pm

Obviously it'll be sad to leave Anfield but we need bigger gates if we're gonna keep up with the Man Utd's & Arsenals financially.

There is a website dedicated to the whole ground issue (can't remember what it's called but there's a link to it on Liverpoolfc.tv) which has got lot of interesting stuff (plans, artists impressions, discussions etc) and one of the things it explains is how the absolute maximum they could expand the current Anfield to is 55,000 and even this would be unbvelievably expensive and awkward given the number of homes that would need to be bought-up and demolished.

Time to move on then, I'm afraid. At least it'll only be a stone's throw away rather than some out-of-town abortion like a lot of new grounds and it's not gonna get a stupid name like the Carslberg Beer Tent Theatre of Lagers.  :)  :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:46 pm

Fair point Wooly, just in the current climate it seems one thing after another.
I know the need to keep up with the Jones' is the Number 1 priority but to think Anfield will be no more is heartbreaking.
Through the wind and the rain as we sign I suppose.
Must be due the summer sun soon.......
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:54 pm

Let's hope so - it'd be nice to go out from Anfield with a bang!!   :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:58 am

Its a pain in the guts leaving Anfield but does anyone here agree with me that it has become a graveyard in the past decade?

Anfield is a stadium haunted by the ghosts of great teams of the past long gone now and its more like a museum of our great history rather than anything else.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:14 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Its a pain in the guts leaving Anfield but does anyone here agree with me that it has become a graveyard in the past decade?

Anfield is a stadium haunted by the ghosts of great teams of the past long gone now and its more like a museum of our great history rather than anything else.

True,
Anfield no longer seems to excite our supporters and certainly no longer intimidates the opposition.
We need to move on if only to bury the ghosts of the past and compete financially with other top clubs. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 119-1081790788 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:24 am

we should go and ground share with everton ## ## only joking lads
119-1081790788

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion