Good result - v. Watford (h)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:39 am

stu_the_red wrote:Good result?

I'm all for being positive, but good result?

Please!

Our senior players were rusty. They've been playing many games in  short periods of time and were use to that but they've had a week off and well that causes rustyness.

Watford are no chumps either, they took out Southampton and Pompey but this will get the bad game out of our player's systems.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:19 am

another thread degenerating into farce because certain members talk with their member,or someone elses member,firmly shoved in their mouth
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:56 am

The peformance was a bag of sh'ite, Against better opposition we would have been cut to pieces. Credit to Watford for their organisation and endeavour, they will make it even harder for us in the second leg.
To think that once Baros came on we had our best 11 (available) players on the pitch and we still struggled . :(
Nunez looked our most effective player hanging out wide and showing some good touches and yet in the second half he seemed to be ignored by the rest of the team , whilst Garcia once again seemed to think that his team mates were mind readers , repeatedly giving the ball away with his silly 5 a side  flicks
that went nowhere.
A win is a win but this performance was one of the worst I've seen. Massive step up required for Saturday.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby liamac » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:24 am

Agreed woof woof , tho i kinda like to think this is a warm up game for the first team for saturday..........
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby redman25 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:46 am

7_Kewell wrote:not really...1-0 at home to Watford, ****** result!  To be fair, i don't give a toss about this cup...save the performace for the league, FA and champions league :cool:

You cant seriously be a true red??? I could not give 2 shits if Arsenal or Scum put a 2nd team out!!! This is Rafa's first year in charge, and will be judged on bringing Silverware to the club.  In my opinion this is a perfect opportunity to do so.  We are inches away from Cardiff yet again.  The performance was ****** considering we were nearly at full strength.  Watford had the best chances and they are around 13th in the championship.  Like Stu said we have left the door open in the away leg.
redman25

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:30 am

7_kewell - Im rapidly going off you. Your getting worse!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:48 am

is no-one going to do the player by player ratings for this game?

a few thoughts of my own... and before any jumps in, my experience was via skysports again. people who were there may have seen things i didn't.

luis garcia: i'm starting to get really exasperated by him. he lost the ball so many times by trying to be too complex again and his running with the ball mostly seemed to end up withh him losing it. don't know how much longer he can maintain a place based on a handful of good touches every game.

finnan: far too quiet last night - none of those great attacking runs and deliveries he's capable of. would have liked to have seen him and nunez working together better down the right.

nunez: some excellent moments but drifted in and out of the game.

dudek: looked very solid to me. didn't have to make any great saves but his positioning was probably the cause for that. his delivery, especially from throws is very aggressive and gets us attacking again quickly.

pongolle: still not an outstanding forward but looked good again last night - i.e. still improving. a healthy striking option.

baros: changed the game for 20 minutes when he came on. his pace and movement were excellent. not sure he deserved the MOM from sky though.

hamman: best contribution was poking cox in the eye.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:01 am

FACT   We played awful last night.

FACT   Watford played very well and were organised and up for it.

FACT   We won the game 1-0.

FACT   If we score a goal at Watford then we are in the final.

FACT   Watford will not play that well against us two consecutive games.

FACT   I would much rather have the proverbial bad game yesterday than on Saturday.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:04 am

FACT: A win is a win is a win
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:44 am

lads listen, we all agree that we didn't play well last night, but that was Watford best performance of the season, (and i should know i bloody live there) they played out of there skin, and we still beat them (and it shoulda been by 2, if not for dodgy offside decision)

do you really think that they can play that well again, and do you really think we can play that badly again, especially now we have one foot in Cardiff, true it's not the Champions league, true its not the FA cup, but do you really think our players will give a flying F*ck about any of that for a chance to stroll out in a final in Cardiff.

Any way you look at it it is a cup final,
(and on top of that a cup we have won more than any other side)

i don't know about you boys but i wanna win everything from the 'lowly' Carling Cup to the Champions league.
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:02 pm

I thought the defence looked decidedly dodgy without Hyypia. (even though Djimie made a brilliant tackle in the last minute) I don't think JC & DT will be paired is cntral defence too often.

Nunez looked good, he is getting his bearings on his crosses but the most frustrating thing is we never have anyone in the box to meet them
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:30 pm

it was a strange game last night. for some reason we seemed to lack urgency and motivation. however the most important thing was to win the game without conceding which we did. put simply, we score over there and they have to score three.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion