Good football - Remember it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:24 am

the best football i ever saw us played was under Evans. till now its my fave team though it doesnt have Gerrard and Carra in it. we didnt have much success but the thing is we knew the players were going all for the win and not being as cautious as we are now. it bothers me that a Liverpool manager cares so much bout the other teams' abilities while forsaking our own. i cant imagine Mcmanaman under rafa. he would have turned him into a kuyt.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Madmax » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:36 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:the best football i ever saw us played was under Evans. till now its my fave team though it doesnt have Gerrard and Carra in it. we didnt have much success but the thing is we knew the players were going all for the win and not being as cautious as we are now. it bothers me that a Liverpool manager cares so much bout the other teams' abilities while forsaking our own. i cant imagine Mcmanaman under rafa. he would have turned him into a kuyt.

If we had a good defence then i think we would have been brill... I remember when we won the league cup when mcmanaman scored twice again bolton..  The feeling was brill because those days thats was a cup that teams wanted to win and fielded a strong line-up.. Its all different now i guess..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:45 am

Madmax wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the best football i ever saw us played was under Evans. till now its my fave team though it doesnt have Gerrard and Carra in it. we didnt have much success but the thing is we knew the players were going all for the win and not being as cautious as we are now. it bothers me that a Liverpool manager cares so much bout the other teams' abilities while forsaking our own. i cant imagine Mcmanaman under rafa. he would have turned him into a kuyt.

If we had a good defence then i think we would have been brill... I remember when we won the league cup when mcmanaman scored twice again bolton..  The feeling was brill because those days thats was a cup that teams wanted to win and fielded a strong line-up.. Its all different now i guess..

true and if only Jones's wasnt forced to retire so early. but the thing that attracted me to that team very much was that no matter what, they tried their bestest to win! remember those 4-3 scorelines and how we came back from 3-0 down against the mancs and Razor scored? brilliant stuff really.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby TheLad » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:53 am

loopyliverpool wrote:I like Reina, Skertel, Agger, Alonso, Mascherano, Benayoun and Torres (obviously). The rest you can put on the transfer list as far as I am concerned!

You certainly forgot to mention Lucas didn't you?  :lookaround
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:43 pm

s@int wrote:I wouldn't mind boring football if it was winning football. When its neither it does leave me feeling a little frustrated. Still we have a cat now so all is not lost, I can always give it a good kicking. (Note to Judge, I said KICKING)

what the cat do wrong to you then?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Lee J wrote:
s@int wrote:I wouldn't mind boring football if it was winning football. When its neither it does leave me feeling a little frustrated. Still we have a cat now so all is not lost, I can always give it a good kicking. (Note to Judge, I said KICKING)

Nothing really, but the kids are getting a bit too big for me to kick now, so its the cat or the rabbit ....... and I like the rabbit.
account deleted by request

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Effes wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:If i was rafa I sit down babel and say to him **model ya self on him lad if you become half the player you do well at this club.

** Listen lad, have you got a twin brother? Could I check your passport please?  :D

eh I don't understand what u going on about ?

Cos i said something bad about babel ?

I think babel is just getting the wrong type of coaching cos he was twice the player before he joined us only a manager can take the blame for that progress
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm

s@int wrote:
Lee J wrote:

Nothing really, but the kids are getting a bit too big for me to kick now, so its the cat or the rabbit ....... and I like the rabbit.

i suppose it makes you feel like a big hard man kicking a small animal?
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Lee J wrote:
s@int wrote:
Lee J wrote:

i suppose it makes you feel like a big hard man kicking a small animal?

Not as hard as when I kick the kids but we all have to make sacrifices

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 pm

oh ffs does anyone actually think he kicks the cat, jesus wept
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 pm

yeah i do :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

he said he did, I asked the question, he answered it.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

:laugh: I am just relieved you think I kick it Judge :D

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:24 pm

s@int wrote: :laugh: I am just relieved you think I kick it Judge :D

you only kick it when folk are watching, ive no idea what you do behing closed doors :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Judge wrote:
s@int wrote::laugh: I am just relieved you think I kick it Judge :D

you only kick it when folk are watching, ive no idea what you do behing closed doors :D

Why would I bother with the cat, it would only make my rabbit jealous :D

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion