Good christmas - Boss is happy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:33 pm

.. Benitez has descibed the christmas period, of 3/4 wins as being "a fantastic" period.. coupled with the excellent perfromance against Chelski.. the team has done very well indeed.

There is an excellent spirit at the club and you can feel the mentality to win is returning..

.. of course the injury to Xabi has been a major blow.. but all in all we can all be happy.. and optimistic about the future..

.. and now for the transfers ... exciting times are ahead..  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:39 pm

9 from 12 was, i think i remember, the initial 'done ok' target. we got the 9 and were cheated out of more and thats with major players missing. 2 of those games were away wins even though they were against bottom clubs, but any away win is gooing to give the team the feeling that they can score and perform on their travels. also the renowned bad traveller, luis garcia, has scored in each of the last 2 away games.

things, of course, could be better. but we're doing ok - we've taken 5th spot, the blue are only just above us, we're in all the cups and comps and we have some pressies to open in the next few days.

i'm smiling.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:50 pm

Yep definetly feels a very good start to the new year .Nine out of Twelve and up to 5th with 3 points behind the toffees and the scum within shouting distance.

A  real belief in the squad , in their abilities and Raffa,s training techniques  and methods of play .

New players arriving to boulster the squad  and maybe a few coming back from loan.

Its an amazing turn around in  attitiude ,style of play  in the space of six months ?
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:13 pm

It wasn't fantastic. But it was acceptable.

Benitez so far, much like some young players has only shown potential. He's made some stupid mistakes some results haven't been the best. He does however seem to have a never good enough attitude which is something i was made up to see.

I think we have the right man, but like a new player he needs time to adapt.
115-1073096938

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:22 pm

something i really like about benitez is that he's the 'quiet man' of top flight english football. he never gives much away at press conferences or post match interviews, he never blames or moans about injuries, ref's decisions or whatever - just gives a quiet affirmation that he's behind his team and wants them to keep doing well or better. he must instill so much trust in his teams.

the other group of managers behind top teams seem so much more keen about scoring verbal 'psychological' points over each other, their not-so-veiled digs, accusations and little tantrums or arrogant declarations put them miles behind the calm sophistication of our man.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:23 pm

Fair enough Stu, but i think the "only shown potential" bit is very harsh!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:33 pm

.. every manager since Dalglish has failed to bring the top honour we all crave.. if Benitez does not succeed.. who will.. ???  "Potential"  No ... with a depleted squad and some ****** players this man has achieved miracles already

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:37 pm

Yes Raffa has made some mistakes  ,granted but to say that so far its been  "acceptable " is a little harsh to say the least stu.
I  know its your own point of view and i respect it , but i really feel that under Houllier with all these injuries we have sustained ,  we wouldnt even be close to where we are now.

Raffa has changed the style of play to a more attacking "one touch" football, compare it to the   the negative defensive play of the last few seasons > its far more exiting to watch , we dont rely on souly  on one player to score  but all the midfield are also relied upon ,and they have provided .

If we had had  less injuries  ( Cisse and Baros ) i really think we would definetly had more goals and more  points in the bag  ( plus better ref decisions ) but unfortunatley we have had a run of injuries that no one  could have forseen.

To be in the position we are in now  with the injuries we have had etc , i think its more than "acceptable" , its  an excellent  position  , not fantastic , cos that  to me would be  top , but an excellent position all the same .
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:45 pm

Rafa has to make mistakes to find out which players he needs to ditch, only by playing them can sort out the men from the boys

I think he's done a fantastic job so far and think it's being a tad harsh to suggest he could've done much better given the horrendous run of injuries we've had (I know Stu you agree that we've got the right man for the job but just think you're maybe being a bit too hard on him)

In Rafa we Trust
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:04 pm

Rafa was bound to make mistakes, and surely we were bound to expect that....
The second half of this season is very promisin, and the next couple of weeks could well be crucial. I dont foresee rafa makin too many mistakes between now and the end of the season, unless he keeps playin Diao!! The Manure game is a vital one to take somethin from, and not jus cuz its them. Confidence drawn from a good result against that shower of $h1te allied to the performance (if not result) against the russians could be the difference between 3rd and 4th. I feel 3rd place may well guarantee Stevie G another season or two with an improvin team, and thats gonna benefit Rafa enormously.
Beat Bayer and make the last 8 of CL and people will stand up and take note, maybe help with transfers come the summer and boost the club for next season which is surely the first to judge Rafa on properly.
Yeah, Christmas was a good one, but the year ahead could prove so much better. :;):
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:34 pm

zarababe wrote:.. Benitez has descibed the christmas period, of 3/4 wins as being "a fantastic" period.. coupled with the excellent perfromance against Chelski.. the team has done very well indeed.

There is an excellent spirit at the club and you can feel the mentality to win is returning..

.. of course the injury to Xabi has been a major blow.. but all in all we can all be happy.. and optimistic about the future..

Well it was hardly a good christmas, a home defeat to Chelsea and scraping a win against Norwich City :(
82-1074641017

Postby ronmeister » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:17 am

i said at the beginning of the season ,we get top four in the league  semi's of the champions league and maybe a domestic cup.
to be hohnest i was being hopefull with that prediction looking at the situation with injuries the timing of owen leaving and players being knackered after the euro cup i think Rafa has worked a miracle and judging him on that i think we can only get better.The future's bright the futures Red
ronmeister

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:29 am

Roberts wrote:
zarababe wrote:.. Benitez has descibed the christmas period, of 3/4 wins as being "a fantastic" period.. coupled with the excellent perfromance against Chelski.. the team has done very well indeed.

Well it was hardly a good christmas, a home defeat to Chelsea and scraping a win against Norwich City :(

.. go bak to ya sh*t thread.. oops it's been locked  :p

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:29 am

zarababe wrote:
Roberts wrote:

now theirs a slap in the face
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:38 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Roberts wrote:

now theirs a slap in the face

:D  :laugh:  :angry:  :D  :angry:
82-1074641017

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion