Good article from sir bobby.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:50 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I think Gerrard deserves a huge amount of credit for his handling of what must of been a really difficult and also humiliating experience.

Cant agree with that mate.

Deserves credit for doing his job ?

He is the captain and we should have expected NOTHING less from him in terms of response.

Also I dont understand how it is humiliating to be substituted in a game of football. Have you ever played mate ?

I expected your response Leon.

Have i played football ?

Of course...professionally ?

No, but i have played saturday and sunday league and was decent enough for trials for Tranmere (unsuccessfully) as a kid. Not sure what that would have to do with anything like.

Anyway...you are correct in stating that Gerrard was doing his job in what he said and shouldnt be chucking his toys out of the pram etc. Agreed, but its not as easy as that, he is a human being and a proud liverpool supporter as well as club captain. He was taken off when he was playing well and the reasoning made him look and sound like a player that cant follow instructions.
ALOT of players have reacted to being subbed far worse and in games that mean far less. So i think he does deserve credit for his reaction since.
If i ever get subbed i am well p!ssed off and have always been like that, but i am not the type to kick off about it meself. Alls i am trying to say is loads of other people are different.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:28 pm

woof woof ! wrote:The point is Sabre that irrespective of his footballing ability, although it may not be a sin to sit ANY player down, equally it is not a sin for the  club captain post match to discuss some of the decisions made with his manager.

I don't see why some people are taking issue with that.

:nod
ConnO'var

Postby zarababe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:48 pm

Mikz wrote:Now Now you sitting with Diego pics there -if Gerrard needs slapped for that - Maradona needed shootin!! :D

.. and you need to get over it  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:49 pm

Im not talking about the volleyball incident lol Im referring to his  behaviour towards a few managers he served under.

But yes -its all water under the bridge now :)
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:11 am

But they did win, and I am not sure why Gerrard had to go and see his manager to ask why he had been subbed. Would Dirk Kuyt, Javier Mascherano or any other player do that?

No because if Dirk Kuyt was subbed he would have not only Rafa but the millions (voice of the rock: AND MILLIONS) of supporters to question also. Mascherano wouldnt because hes a new arrival. Gerrard did because he was playing well and is the captain of Liverpool. He deserved an answer for that decision. Sir Robert must be low on funds to field this article.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion