Goalkeeper hunt hots up! - Harrison in for cup game.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:28 am

Liverpool youth academy player Paul Harrison is understood to be in line for a shock call up for Tuesdays cup game with Burnley reports Capital radio. Harrison who's father died in the hillsborough disaster will play instead of Dudek after this mistake against manure on Saturday cost Liverpool the game. It was also reported that an offer has been faxed to Fulham for Dutch international Edwin van der sarr in the region of £1.5million, more than Arsenal are prepared to pay for the 32 year old. Benitez refused to blame Dudek after the game but reports in & around Liverpool say Dudek may have played his last game for our beloved reds! YNWA
spiralstairs00

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:30 am

Very interesting start to the week.......
jonnymac1979

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:35 am

i really don't think van der saar is the answer to our problems. a few seasons ago he was immense - one of the best, but now he's on the wane and hasn't looked 100% for fulham for some time.

it'll be interesting to have a look at harrison but i hope the guy has a cool head on him and i hop benitez knows what he's doing playing him. this is a crucial game and we can't afford any mistakes.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:36 am

Houllier said he didnt blame Westerveld for his blunder he never played again.
Van Der Saar is going to Manure by all reports ???
Cech is probably the best goalie in europe at the moment and Cudicini is p#ssed off hes on the bench.
I think we should try and get him as Van Der saar isnt the goalie he used to be.
We need to sell sicknote aswell, he is always going to have injuries throughout his carear.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:41 am

Wonder how long Cudicini will be happy warming Chelsea's bench and also if they would let him go to another English side?  ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:45 am

We should have inquired about Cudicini instead. Give Dudek as part of the deal...
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:46 am

I'd love to see Cudicini at Anfield
Last edited by Woollyback on Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:48 am

Dudek says.

Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek has defended himself against a barrage of criticism following his error in the 1-0 home defeat by Manchester United.

The Polish international allowed Wayne Rooney's speculative 25-yarder to squirm under his dive midway through the first half at Anfield, but says the ball swerved at the last moment.

He told the club's official website: "The ball was swerving a bit, and it was unlucky for me because it was his first shot on goal.

"I knew he was lining up the shot - I saw it all the way. I had a good view of it. I don't know what happened, but I believed it moved at the end.

"It didn't go through my hands, it went under them. It was impossible to catch the ball, so I was concentrating on trying to parry it to the side.

"The manager was watching me after that to see how I performed, and I think I did okay.

"I think I was very unlucky and when you concede a goal like that you can say you had much more to do than you did.

"I think with a bit of luck, perhaps, I should have kept it out. But the ball moved and I couldn't do anything about that."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:52 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:"I think with a bit of luck, perhaps, I should have kept it out. But the ball moved and I couldn't do anything about that."

i read this interview too. for me, they're just not the comments i want to hear from our 'first choice' keeper.

'with luck i should have kept it out' - jeezus krist! no jerzy, with your supposed talent you keep the friggin ball out. give me strength.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:13 am

I also read in the Courier Mail today that Liverpool have joined Manchester United and Arsenal in the hunt to sign Middlesborough's soceroo goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer who's contract expires at the end of the season and who has rejected 3 contract offers so far from Middlesborough,  what do you guys think of Schwarzer?  Obviously being Australian im biased so i wont give an opinion.  Also is there any more news on this Carson business from Leeds?  ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:38 pm

this talk of harrison has made me think.... ???

i'm sure you all remember when sir gerrard houllier signed patrice luzi. at the time he said he had signed one of the most promising keepers in france.

well if that's the case, why is it that Luzi (who is still at the club) can't get a game and is behind rookie paul harrison? if harrison is really better than luzi why luzi still at the club?

just a thought.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:44 pm

why did houllier buy him in the first place ??? complete waste of time, he couldnt even be trusted when we had the goalkeeping crisis, we got paul jones as cover
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:29 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:I also read in the Courier Mail today that Liverpool have joined Manchester United and Arsenal in the hunt to sign Middlesborough's soceroo goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer who's contract expires at the end of the season and who has rejected 3 contract offers so far from Middlesborough,  what do you guys think of Schwarzer?  Obviously being Australian im biased so i wont give an opinion.  Also is there any more news on this Carson business from Leeds?  ???

I'm biased too....I think we have the only Aussie sportsman that can do a competent impression of Madge from Neighbours!! To be honest, if we were to go for a Premiership keeper the only one worthwhile is Cudicini, and can anyone see Mourinho sellin him to a rival? Especially as next year we shud be even closer to the alleged big 3.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:37 pm

It would be great to get Cudicini but I bet as soon as we approach Chelski they would try and use our interest to try and get an option on Stevie G.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:40 pm

Shwarzer would be a big step down form Dudek in my opinion. Shwarzer makes frequent mistakes week in week out, sometimes they are stupid mistakes with no trouble to them, but...
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion