Glen johnson out........a good thing? i think so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:49 pm

We will definetly miss his presence, especially his surging runs and his crosses
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:28 pm

he will be missed.. ridiculous to say he otherwise. He is our best right back and make sour right side work with the more 'stationary' kuyt.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:37 pm

He started brilliantly and Benitez with his amazing coaching skills has managed to fk him up along with the rest of the team.

The midfield have constantly given the ball away this season and left the defence more exposed. The midfield create nothing. Alonso was worth considerably more than £30m to this team and why did he leave because Benitez fkd around with his brain!

Johnson is not the problem in defence. The incredibly slow centre backs are. Carragher has admitted to being way off form and that is a key reason for the way we have been leaking goals. The other key reason is Benitez is one stubborn annoying fkg tw.at who is persisting with a zonal marking system that has cost us a shed load of goals! If zonal marking worked other teams would adopt it !!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 pm

devaney wrote:He started brilliantly and Benitez with his amazing coaching skills has managed to fk him up along with the rest of the team.

The midfield have constantly given the ball away this season and left the defence more exposed. The midfield create nothing. Alonso was worth considerably more than £30m to this team and why did he leave because Benitez fkd around with his brain!

Johnson is not the problem in defence. The incredibly slow centre backs are. Carragher has admitted to being way off form and that is a key reason for the way we have been leaking goals. The other key reason is Benitez is one stubborn annoying fkg tw.at who is persisting with a zonal marking system that has cost us a shed load of goals! If zonal marking worked other teams would adopt it !!!!!!

It's Rafa's fault :laugh:  :D  :laugh:  . Knew it !!!!!! Feckin guaranteed.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm absolutely staggered that some people think it's good news that he's injured. For sure his form has dropped off a bit, but he is without question one of our best players, does anyone really dispute that, honestly? As for the price tag, as some will know I'm not exactly shy when it comes to criticising the manager, but if we stuck Johnson on the market at the end of the season he'd go for mid 20's. He was cheap at the price, simple as that.

I don't know which one to use

a) Bang on the money

b) Spot on

c) So true
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:18 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
devaney wrote:He started brilliantly and Benitez with his amazing coaching skills has managed to fk him up along with the rest of the team.

igor in the past you have tried to convince me that we had more caring owners in the past when in reality the majority of them didn't give a fk about crowd safety and treated the supporters like animals. You failed to convince me then and now I think you will have an even more difficult task convincing me that Benitez is not the problem. Open your eyes lad and stop laughing - it isn't funny !!!!!!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 am

muzza798 wrote:I'd rather of kept Arbeloa and spent the money on a quality Striker.

So would Rafa. Unfortunately, Arbeloa wanted to leave and so we did the best thing possible in the circumstances.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 am

Waldo wrote:
stmichael wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Liverpool defender Glen Johnson ruled out until March
Liverpool have suffered an injury setback with news that Glen Johnson is expected to be out of action until March.

By Jason Burt
Published: 7:00AM GMT 07 Jan 2010

The right-back has undergone surgery to repair a medial ligament tear in his right knee that he suffered in the 1-0 victory away to Aston Villa at the end of last month.

Immediately after the injury there were fears that Johnson had suffered serious damage, but these were allayed by Liverpool, after a scan, with the prediction that he would be out for only a month. However, that diagnosis has now proved to have been optimistic.

As well as Liverpool's busy programme of forthcoming games, Johnson will now miss England's friendly against Egypt at Wembley on March 3, though the national side's manager, Fabio Capello, is relaxed about the 25 year-old's fitness.

Johnson also missed England's last match, the friendly against Brazil in Qatar, through injury, but he remains an important part of Capello's plans for the World Cup in South Africa. England are understood to be close to agreeing to play a friendly against Mexico in May, but there is a dispute with Fifa over possible dates.

Capello is privately relieved that Johnson is resting at a key part of the season and he expects him to be fully fit come the end of the campaign.

That is little comfort to Liverpool or their manager, Rafael Benítez, who is juggling a tight transfer budget as he tries to reshape his squad for a push to qualify for next season's Champions League.

As well as the rest of this month's fixtures, Johnson is now likely to miss key games at home to Everton on Feb 6, away to Arsenal four days later and away to Manchester City on Feb 21.

Johnson's injury will make no difference to Liverpool's plans to sell Andrea Dossena to Napoli for about £4.5 million, although it is believed that the deal has been held up because of the bad weather. Dossena, 28, was due to arrive in Naples.

In Johnson's absence, and with Martin Kelly also injured, Liverpool have turned to Stephen Darby, 21, who featured in the FA Cup tie at Reading. Benítez may also hold on to Philipp Degen a little longer, even though the experienced Swiss international has been as much a flop as Dossena. It is unlikely that Benítez will have the funds to recruit another right-back.

Liverpool also hope to offload striker Andrei Voronin soon – for £1.5 million to Dinamo Moscow – but, as with Dossena, the deal has been delayed by snow preventing the Ukrainian taking a flight.

Meanwhile Liverpool have rejected an offer of £8 million from Birmingham City for Ryan Babel, who is keen to leave Anfield to revive his career and gain a place in Holland's World Cup squad. Liverpool, who want to recoup more of the £11.5 million they spent on Babel, are close to tying up a deal to sign the Argentine international, Maxi Rodriguez, from Atlético Madrid.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....ch.html

Feck Cappello,

i am sick of this season seriously. we are f#cking cursed.

oh no i forgot, the mancs are the only side who've had an "injury crisis" this season aren't they? ???

Glen Johnson brought the injury on himself with some sh*t play. Had he cleared his lines like he should have rather than trying a little flick down the line he would still be fighting fit.

That little flick meant the ball broke to Villa and they set Agbonlahor off.

He should never have had to tackle Agbonlahor like he did   :(

Are you on drugs?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 am

I honestly had to stop reading this thread on page 4 due to the utterly unspeakable amount of sh*t written by supposed football fans.

Glen Johnson - whilst not my favourite player - has been nothing short of brilliant for the majority of his time at Liverpool, and a few games below his own standard whilst recovering from an injury has the fickle tw*ts out in force once again.

For f*ck's sake - I hope you sad tw*ts give your wives more grace than the players. :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:49 am

devaney wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

igor in the past you have tried to convince me that we had more caring owners in the past when in reality the majority of them didn't give a fk about crowd safety and treated the supporters like animals. You failed to convince me then and now I think you will have an even more difficult task convincing me that Benitez is not the problem. Open your eyes lad and stop laughing - it isn't funny !!!!!!!

Sadly, I got drawn in by this Russian doll and I must say - from the heart - that Devaney is a complete and utter gimp.

Zonal Marking - the system which has given us one of the best defences in the entire World for the past 5 years - is now the reason why we are "leaking" goals.

It's not player form.

It's not the odd flukey goal.

It's ZONAL MARKING!!!!!

Cretin. :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:38 am

Just when you thought it couldnt get any worst Rafa has been blamed for the Spurs game being off by Lakes, and now Devany blames him him Johno being injured oh dear.

I am seriously thinking of taking a perminent vacation from this forum because of the clueless gobsh!tes that have been posting on here this past year.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:For f*ck's sake - I hope you sad tw*ts give your wives more grace than the players. :no

If they knew as much about sex as they do about football, they could not find a G-spot on a seven lb. pussy  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
devaney wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

Sadly, I got drawn in by this Russian doll and I must say - from the heart - that Devaney is a complete and utter gimp.

Zonal Marking - the system which has given us one of the best defences in the entire World for the past 5 years - is now the reason why we are "leaking" goals.

It's not player form.

It's not the odd flukey goal.

It's ZONAL MARKING!!!!!

Cretin. :no

Only a complete an utter pilloc.h with a brain the size of an ant would actually argue that zonal marking for set pieces and corners works. Congratualations Lando that pilloc.h is you. Of course the defence has been brilliant over the last five years you fkg muppet but it is fk all to do with zonal marking which has been the key reason for leaking set piece goals. If you actually look at the stats you would possibly be able to figure that out but then again.........

Now fk off back to your diary of inane insults !!!!!!!!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:Just when you thought it couldnt get any worst Rafa has been blamed for the Spurs game being off by Lakes, and now Devany blames him him Johno being injured oh dear.

I am seriously thinking of taking a perminent vacation from this forum because of the clueless gobsh!tes that have been posting on here this past year.

And Ciggy where did I say that it was Rafa's fault for being injured.

If you really are concerned about the clueless  gobsh.ites and what is being written on this site then read your own posts before pressing the submit button! Since when was your oppinion the only one that counted?
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby we all dream... » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Zonal marking clearly works, as stated above we had the best defense in the league for a while using it. I don't like it, but I certainly liked it when we wern't conceeding goals. When the lads get it sorted and they will we'll be alright.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion