Give techonlogy a chance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:58 pm

I'm peed off, the number of times those muppets (oaficials) make misteaks, isnt it about time we let techonology take over. Let the vdeo camera and replay take over. If Andy Grey can get it right why can't those muppets?

After all they now use it in rugby and its better for it and after all there is just too much money at steak :angry:
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:00 pm

I watch a fair bit of rugby league on sky (wigan mainly), i must say it is great technology and does make a difference.

it would do us more better than bad  :kungfu:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:02 pm

It would be a good idea if all Ref's and linesmen carried 4'' TV's so that they could see the action Replays along with us. What do you say ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:03 pm

Redrider wrote:It would be a good idea if all Ref's and linesmen carried 4'' TV's so that they could see the action Replays along with us. What do you say ?

Maybe the 4th official could take up this role, as all he ever does is agrue with managers
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:04 pm

I agree, technology was invented for this reason
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:05 pm

Funny enough, i was going to put up the exact same topic.

I believe it should be like American Football though, if theres any doubt in the refs mind, he can toddle over to one of the monitors and have a reply from various angles of any incident...then make the correct decision there and then.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:05 pm

Cardiff Bed

Did you say "only argue with the mangoes" I fell of me perch on this one.
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:06 pm

Yeah and its not like cricket, it wouldnt take too long to view before you need to make a decision so its not like it would slow the game down dramatically
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:06 pm

Redriding hood

Look cos they carry 4 tvs that's why its called channel 4. Don't know what yur problem is when it works in rugby?

Talk to me when yer get an avatar :kungfu:
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:07 pm

I'm going to have my dinner, but 83 is not enough.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:09 pm

Redrobbin

There's no way there gonna let you into the elite sircle, especially whun yer kant spill.
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:09 pm

I think if they used it for every descison it would get silly, just for goalscoring opportunities it would help.

It wouldnt slow the game down that much.

SKY have cameras at evry premiership ground and have the technology already in place, so it is about time the FA started taking responsibility for their mistakes.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:12 pm

Carbeef Red

Yer right only use it for major decisions (not fowls) and they are amatures in a professional game, letting the side down and more importantly costing managers money and their jobs.
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:16 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:Funny enough, i was going to put up the exact same topic.

I believe it should be like American Football though, if theres any doubt in the refs mind, he can toddle over to one of the monitors and have a reply from various angles of any incident...then make the correct decision there and then.

I agree, or the manager can challenge the ref's decision so the ref has to view the  replay and then verify his final decision.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:26 pm

I had watched a lot of American Sports over the years such as Ice Hockey, Amercian Football, Basketball baseball and so on. Not all of them have replay as a tool. American Football used it exclusively while to some degree Ice Hockey too. But there is really little or no replay for Basketball and Baseball because some believed it will ruin the game. Many want to preserve the tradition because they believed that the element of human judgement is part of what make the game interesting. I think if we got the benefit of the misjudge from the ref tonight, we would not be having this thread. Anyway, I think football is not suitable to have replay because it is very different than American Football because football is a non stop game with little stoppage while American Football stops after every play. Another difference is that every inch counts in American Football.  So, it requires replay to locate the ball or to see whether the ball have hit the ground and so on. But in football, the ball goes dead after the ref blow the whistle but not before.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion