Gerrards gone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:16 pm

F!ck the money sell him off to Madrid ,as long as those smarmy c2nts down out the bridge dont get him.
66-1112520797

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:16 pm

we all know no-one person is bigger than lfc, however, didnt talks break down, according to his agent. if thats the case, then fault is at lfc's door, not stevie's.

he said after cl win, the talk would be good, he, as far as i know, kept his talk good, but perhaps lfc didnt keep theirs good.

it is important for a club to pay the right money for a player who is total committed and world class. in todays money, 100,000 wouldnt have been enough for his skills. so if lfc would not meet those mediocre demands, then we deserve to lose the quality that gerrard undoubtedly has.

i envy the club who signs him for the wages he can command, that is fact people. if roy keane is on 120,000 a week, then surely stevie's worth 150,000 a week of anyones money.

think about it folk

i'm sad that he'll be going, but not surprised, as lfc seem to hold back on decent sized salaries for quality, when theirs kewell earning money for old rope - it dont make sense

so as much as i love lfc, i feel they have let the fans, the club, and gerrard down. remember, we are not privy to the internal politics that run liverpool fc. so lets just get on with it, and look forward to a brilliant up and coming season

YNWA
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:17 pm

The biggest nightmare would of course be to sell him to Man Usa, however even tho they've expressed an interest methinks they're out of the running.

What would be more acceptable-less money for SG an a move abroad  OR more money for a move to Chelski? ????
daddyo

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:18 pm

cisse, im gutted but weve shown that we can rise above it and come out smiling. right now it sucks but the future of the club is more important than any one player
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:18 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Gerrard handing in a transfer request is probably the best answer to this whole saga. 

1st, because he's requested a transfer, Gerrard forfits any right to a % of the transfer.---more money for us

2nd, i think we could get 40 million for him, Real and Chelski want him and the bidding war shall begin.  Chelski have a bottomless pit of money and will pay anything....i mean anything to get their man.  i forsee silly money being thrown, 60million pound transfer anyone?

3rd, Gerrard would have cost an absolute fortune on wages, 100k a week?  thats a LOT of money...

4th, we can easily replace ANYONE with a 20+ million pound transfer but i think we could get a bargain in Ballack.

Bascially Gerrard has turned on the club who made him.  He's lied to us throughout and the guy is a judas.  I think he'll go to Real....but AC Milan, Juventus, Inter, Chelski will all make moves and i think we will make a huge amount of money on this.

Remember everyone.....no one is bigger than LIVERPOOL FC...if a player isn't happy with 100k a week, winning the European cup and being idolised by thousands of fans....do we really want him playing for our club?  I don't!

Couldnt agree with that statement more.
If all the adulation and the pride of captaining your hometown club to the European cup is not enough, then nothing EVERY will be. Lets put this saga to bed and let Benitez do his job without any interference.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:19 pm

From the Echo

LIVERPOOL are increasingly resigned to losing captain Steven Gerrard, despite rejecting a £32m bid from Chelsea. 

The Reds' only hope of keeping their skipper is for another u-turn by the midfielder, but Anfield officials are pessimistic and believe he's made up his mind to go.

Talks were revived with Gerrard and his agent Struan Marshall at Melwood last night when a lucrative four year deal was offered to the 25-year-old.

By then, the Stamford Bridge club had faxed a British record offer for the midfielder. Liverpool have responded by saying they have no intention of selling Gerrard.

Said chief executive Rick Parry today: "I can confirm we have had a bid from Chelsea and that it will be rejected by us."

Gerrard spent the night agonising over his decision on Liverpool's contract and was training at Melwood today as he mulled over his future. 

In a baffling twist, Gerrard has confided to friends he desperately wants to stay at Anfield but he's concerned the club won't be strong enough to compete for honours next season.

He is also worried that by signing a deal reportedly worth £100,000 a week, he will swallow up most of Rafa Benitez's transfer kitty and the club won't be challenging for the Premiership.

Liverpool insist that shouldn't be an issue and, having won the Champions League, believe Gerrard has all evidence he needs Benitez will lead the club to their ultimate prize.

Following last night's talks, club officials were '99 per cent certain' Gerrard was on his way out of the club and were bracing themselves for bad news today.

The only glimmer of hope is the events of last summer when, faced with the same dilemma, the skipper decided to reject Chelsea and commit himself to Anfield.

There are those who fear representatives from agents SFX will be working overtime to ensure the skipper doesn't do this again.

If Gerrard rejects Liverpool's deal, a week of transfer posturing lies in store as Chelsea's first bid was turned down flat.

Real Madrid are also expected to join the race for Gerrard's signature.

Benitez will have no choice butto seek an early resolution in order to fill the chasm Gerrard's departure will leave in his squad.
LiverpoolUSA

Postby laza » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:19 pm

Im gutted but i dont have that sort of anger  like the Owen transfer last year or when Robbie got his marching orders.
There has been too much player bigger then team going for so long and im glad its over , time to look at positives huge bankroll and we are still Champions of Europe.
He has left the biggest club and best fans in the world, he only heading downwards to be a little fish in a big souless pond
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roey316 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:19 pm

According to the echo hes rejected the offer but not handed in a formal transfer request....

Parry told the ECHO today: "We desperately want to keep Stevie and we've told him we don't want him to leave. However, in rejecting our offer of a new contract he has indicated he wants to go."

A statement on the club's official website added: "The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield.

"Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

Gerrard's agent, Struan Marshall, informed Liverpool of the decision earlier today.

Liverpool say they will leave the door open for a change of heart and the player will have to make a formal transfer request before he's sold.

Talks were revived with Gerrard and Marshall at Melwood last night when a lucrative four year deal was offered to the 25-year-old.

By then, the Stamford Bridge club had faxed a British record offer for the midfielder. Liverpool have responded by saying they have no intention of selling Gerrard.

Said chief executive Parry today: "I can confirm we have had a bid from Chelsea and that it will be rejected by us."

Gerrard spent the night agonising over his decision on Liverpool's contract and was training at Melwood today as he mulled over his future.

Having rejected the deal, a week of transfer posturing lies in store as Chelsea's first bid was turned down flat.

Real Madrid are also expected to join the race for Gerrard's signature.

Rafa Benitez will have no choice but to seek an early resolution in order to fill the chasm Gerrard's departure will leave in his squad.
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby roey316 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:20 pm

Haha, too slow, someone beat me too it!
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:20 pm

I'm hoping the fact that he has english mates at madrid and the fact he will walk into the 1st team will sway his decision.

He wouldn't dare go to the Man USA - he'd be lynched! :angry:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:22 pm

Put it this way, I expect more than the 2 or 3 signing Rafa mentioned yesterday :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 pm

Oh well, No player is bigger than the club, Loosing one player and gaining 40 million or so is of complete benifit to liverpool. Gerrard is only one player, I feel that Xabi Alonso can fit in his place really well.

But now we need to sign another central midfielder, like Van Bommel providing he has already signed for some one else, He was on a free so.

Also i would like to sign Shaun Wright Phillips especially as we just got loads of money.

Good Bye Stevie G, hope you and your agent are happy. We all thought you were different.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:25 pm

now the lieing  disloyal :censored: gerrard,s gone and with 35 million plus to spend why doesn,t king rafa get a ready to make a bid for lyon,s essien,and throw baros into the mix
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:26 pm

To be honest, had he stayed there'd be a cloud over him. Two summers running there've been huge, huge times at Anfield - Rafa's arrival last year, the CL win this year - yet somehow he's managed to turn everything into a saga surrounding him.

We couldn't tolerate this happening every year, and nor should we. Thank you and goodbye.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:26 pm

Thank you Stevie for all the hard work you've put in, the great goals you've scored, the great goals you've created and all in all just been a great captain. You've had your ups and downs but at the end of the day no matter if your playing in Blue or White, you'll always be a red.

Let's not be bitter. It's :censored: the way it's been handled but these things happen.
I hope he acheives whatever it is he's after in life.

Remember when Keegan left us? I thought the world had caved in on Liverpool FC. But what happened next? Yes, thats right, we went on and dominated football and won the lot, many, many times.

Good luck Stevie and chin up forum people! :)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion