Gerrards gone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:04 pm

Maximus, Mike 72- man go easy!

I just wanted your thoughts on how many of yal think he will leave and how many think he wont. I had no clue that the news would be out 30 mins after i started the poll that he has officially decided to leave.

My intentions were not to mock,harm or ad fuel to the fire. I just wanted views and openions.

I was going to ask for that poll thread to be deleted but i see its locked and so i cant post there.

Once again when i posted the poll question there was nothing official, just paper talk and that our bid was rejected. So i decided to ask for a poll. But then 30 mins after i started the poll there was official news that he left - i am deeply sorry as i understand what you fans might be feeling right now.

Peace.
Chelsea forever.

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:04 pm

JBG wrote:We'll move on and him leaving will be a massive blessing in disguise, mark my words. Xabi Alonso and Didi Hamman will run the midfield next year, probably with the aid of a new signing, and we'll be a far more balanced team.

i agree.

both you and i have pointed out in the past JBG that benitez wants us to play a 4-2-3-1 system. the two obvious holding midfileders in this system are xabi alonso and didi hamann. further forward of that, benitez wants to use morientes behind a lone striker with support from two wide men.

if you ask me, benitez has been planning to build a team without gerrard for some time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby daddyo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:05 pm

can't work this one out really. Y'see what does he want?

You hear about players switchin clubs to win stuff an thats fair enough.
However if Stevie has decided to move to win more i personally can't work this out.

What gives you more satisfaction as a professional-to win with people, players who you have developed with, worked with, and in some cases inspired?

Or do you want to join a ready made entity that could probably have done what they do without you?

For example if he goes to chelski an they win the league next season, how does he gauge his input? They did it without him last season.
An what kind of satisfaction will he get from that?
I would have thought he would have gotten far more out of winning it with us -even if he had to wait a few more years to do it.
That incidentally would complete the full set of honours-something some pro's NEVER SEE THROUGHOUT THEIR CAREER!!!

Conversely-he could be doing us a favour by putting his request in now before his contract runs down-ensuring we get something back.

Remember McManaman?? :( :( :(
daddyo

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:06 pm

I'll delete the poll if you want then, yes?
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:07 pm

I think that since Christmas Benitez surely must have made contingency plans for Gerrard going. In fact, before the Olympiakos game everyone took it for granted that Gerrard was going anyway.

I'll bet Benitez has a replacement identified and we'll move very quickly once Gerrard is sold.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:08 pm

All I can hope is that he chooses Madrid over Chelsea, because if he goes to Chelsea it'll be years maybe decades before he is ever remembered as a Liverpool Great.

Choose wisely stevie cos' the rafaloution has no time for nostalgia
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:09 pm

Absoulty :censored: devastated why the hell wud he wanna leave, he was the one player i looked up 2 who i thought would never leave beacuse he was so great and admired by so many scousers i can t belive it he was an amzing player and now he is gone beacuse of money i never thought stevie G WOULD DO THA TO US owen possibley put our captain stevie playain at chelsea why
Hamza

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:09 pm

I think that since Christmas Benitez surely must have made contingency plans for Gerrard going. In fact, before the Olympiakos game everyone took it for granted that Gerrard was going anyway.

I'll bet Benitez has a replacement identified and we'll move very quickly once Gerrard is sold.

you're probably right.  Rafa will have a LOT of money to spend and he can now bring in 3-4 world class players in.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:10 pm

yeah.. Chealse forever is ok.. he didn't do it intentionally...
We are all gutted but at least the situation has finally come to an end.. if not the end we wanted.
Hopefully we can get as much out of his transfer as possible and finally get some more players to boost up our squad.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:12 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I'll delete the poll if you want then, yes?

Yes please do so.
Chelsea forever.

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:13 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Rafa will have a LOT of money to spend and he can now bring in 3-4 world class players in.

this is where fans are being completely unrealistic.

how many WORLD CLASS players do you honestly think we could buy for £30m? probably two at the most.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mike72 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 pm

Stevie, if a European Cup Winners medal and £100,000 a week captaining the club you have supported all your life isn't enough to satisfy you, then you are in the wrong profession. 

It's sad, but I can't help thinking he will definitely regret what he has done today, and we probably will too.
mike72

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 pm

Parry told the ECHO today: "We desperately want to keep Stevie and we've told him we don't want him to leave. However, in rejecting our offer of a new contract he has indicated he wants to go."

Gerrard's agent, Struan Marshall, informed Liverpool of the decision earlier today.

Liverpool say they will leave the door open for a change of heart and the player will have to make a formal transfer request before he's sold.

From the koptalk boards. Any truth to that? Though it likely doesnt matter
LiverpoolUSA

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 pm

:angry: Hes a :censored: :censored: and I hate him right now, I wish he was injured for Istanbul and Carra lifted the trophey instead of his :censored: missarable looking :censored: face :veryangry  feel like throwing my DVDs away and burning all my stuff of him what a :censored: greedy moody lousy :censored: :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:15 pm

we all know no-one person is bigger than lfc, however, didnt talks break down, according to his agent. if thats the case, then fault is at lfc's door, not stevie's.

he said after cl win, the talk would be good, he, as far as i know, kept his talk good, but perhaps lfc didnt keep theirs good.

it is important for a club to pay the right money for a player who is total committed and world class. in todays money, 100,000 wouldnt have been enough for his skills. so if lfc would not meet those mediocre demands, then we deserve to lose the quality that gerrard undoubtedly has.

i envy the club who signs him for the wages he can command, that is fact people. if roy keane is on 120,000 a week, then surely stevie's worth 150,000 a week of anyones money.

think about it folk

i'm sad that he'll be going, but not surprised, as lfc seem to hold back on decent sized salaries for quality, when theirs kewell earning money for old rope - it dont make sense

so as much as i love lfc, i feel they have let the fans, the club, and gerrard down. remember, we are not privy to the internal politics that run liverpool fc. so lets just get on with it, and look forward to a brilliant up and coming season

YNWA
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion