Postby DrLiverpool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:49 pm

The Bench wrote:1 Charity shield
2 league cups
1 FA Cup
1 UEFA Cup
1 European Super Cup
and The Champions League.
And he's leaving to win things? ???
(Apologies if someones already pointed this out)

yeah but its different now
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:54 pm

He is leaving because we didn't offer 100,000 pounds a week 6 weeks ago.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:54 pm

ALONSO_14 wrote:tomorrow will be a significant day in the gerrard thing just like today was. I reckon clubs will bid for gerrard for tomorrow and the bidding war will begin chelsea will probably bid and real madrid will follow with a higher bid and other clubs might come in and so on and we sell him to the highest bidder which should be in a few days

wasnt there an agreement between chelsea and real madrid about not to out bid each other or some sort of thing?
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby mikopool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:55 pm

I might add from the way it seems, it was because we didn't make him the first priority of the off season. Not the 6 figure salary.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby mikopool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:57 pm

In regards to chelsea and Madrid, I think Chelsea will get the highest bid, but Rafa will sucker punch them and sell to Madrid anyway, I would not feel half as bad as I do if he went overseas.

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:04 am

Real have just come in with a 35 mill offer.

Ste Gerrard,Gerrard
I`ve just nicked your Visa card
You`re broke now you fu.cking tart
Go suck Frank Lampard
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:05 am

I have sat and watched in horror, amazement, anger, hurt and sometimes total helplessness over the last twelve months as this whole sad tale has unfolded.

Many times I have felt the urge to pen some words to put those feelings into some kind of understandable english. At times I have succeded, but more often than not the red mist has descended and I have had a go at Stevie, the club, other fans and members of this forum.

Only today, once the request we seemed to be dreading was finally made public I first posted a rant about the way it was done, and tried to follow the herd in looking for a reason, or more to the point a person or persons to blame for the sorry affair.

I could write about how it has felt like those last few awkward months of a relationship that is failing. You know like when you live with a woman, and share possesions, but the love has gone, the spark is missing. You kind of give it more time, out of a sense of duty, because it will be difficult to spilt up or because you hope the spark will return.

No matter how much your head tells you a clean break sooner rather than later is the answer, you heart forces you into one last hurrah, just like this last season was Gerrads final attempt to patch up an already burnt out relationship.

Many fans fell out of love with Gerrard last season, when the Chelsea story first reared its ugly head. We just felt it necessary to try and hide the rift, in the hope one day the love would return, sadly it never truly did.

I could write about how I was flaberghasted by his comments pre Olympiakos, and the baggage that goes with him following every loss. I will tell you one thing I will not miss though is the speculation after every defeat or dodgy result about will he stay and how much Chelsea will pay him.

On the other hand, I could write about how betrayed we feel. I spoke to one of the boys today, and recalled a time when at the tender age of 9 or 10, we would bunk onto the bowling green on the local park to play on a "proper" pitch. We would take turns of piece at being the captain of Liverpool, and would imagine lifting the European Cup, the league and more gloriously (at the time, but alas no more) the FA Cup.

If someone would have told us there and then that in fifteen years time, we would live the dream, and be captain of the club we adored, having just returned from a glorious European adventure when we placed LFC at the top table. A table where lumanaries such as AC Milan, Ajax and Real Madrid have the only other reserved places and be offered £100k per week for the pleasure, we would have died and gone to heaven.

I could bay for the blood of his agents, the dreaded SFX who have been villanised throug hthe whole affair. They have turned his head and engineered a move to make money. Alas this too is not true. At 25, Steven is capable of making his own mind up, and if he had wanted to follow my dreams and captain the reds, he would have signed an extension many moons ago.

I could ask how can a man cut from the same scouse cloth, who asked us  "How can I leave after a night like that, and all the nights we have had this season?", and who promised to show us the "real" Steven Gerrard next season could turn his back on all tose dreams.

But I wont.

In years to come, the 5th of July will hold no more significance in the hearts and minds of Liverpool supporters across the globe than any other dates in the calander.

Mention the 25th of May and it is a different matter, but just like the date Kevin Keegan announced his decision to chase the golden goose in Germany pales into signifcance against the dates he scored many wonderful goals, and the same way that the day Michael Owen announced his decision to join Real Madrid is not remembered in the same fondness as the date he "stole" the FA Cup from Arsenal, the 5th of July is just another day.

Liverpool Football Club will be here long after Steven Gerrard and I have passed onto the big football stadium in the sky to catch a game with Shankly, Crazy Horse and Uncle Bob.

Steven Gerrard leaves, to whoever and whereever he decides with my best wishes. He has given me personally, and I am sure many reading this some magical times. In truth some of my greatest and more vivid memories of following my reds from recent years have involved him. The goal at Anfield against Manchester United, the Olympiakos goal, Xabis goal he set up aginst the Gooners, the Boro goal and many many more leave me with a warm glow and a heavy heart.

Good Luck Steven.

Thanks for the memories.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:09 am

jsut a little off topic, seeing gerrard handed in his transfer request does that mean liverpool are not allowed to play him?
if they are allowed to play him and no one has bought him by the 13th july if i was benitez i would bring him on in the last 6 mins against TNS so that would make him cup tied for rest of season,  :devil: that would be a real sucker punch to real or chelsea i know it sounds daft, but real knew we were after morientes last season knew he was leaving to join us but stilled played him, we could have done the same with owen but we didnt, to many clubs have fu.cked with liverpool, its about time we showed them who and what we are. :buttrock  :devil:
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:12 am

that would take a huge lump off gerrards price if we get him cup tied. in this situation we need to take all the money instead of being bitter and getting him cup tied and it costing us
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:13 am

Bye gerrard, and shut the door on your way out.

Thanks a lot

Would ballack be a good replacement?
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:13 am

good post leonmc i agree with you

but as i said somewhere else thanks for the services but because of what has happened good ridance...

I will tell you one thing I will not miss though is the speculation after every defeat or dodgy result about will he stay and how much Chelsea will pay him

In years to come, the 5th of July will hold no more significance in the hearts and minds of Liverpool supporters across the globe than any other dates in the calander.

how true :)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:15 am

Red wrote:jsut a little off topic, seeing gerrard handed in his transfer request does that mean liverpool are not allowed to play him?
if they are allowed to play him and no one has bought him by the 13th july if i was benitez i would bring him on in the last 6 mins against TNS so that would make him cup tied for rest of season,  :devil: that would be a real sucker punch to real or chelsea i know it sounds daft, but real knew we were after morientes last season knew he was leaving to join us but stilled played him, we could have done the same with owen but we didnt, to many clubs have fu.cked with liverpool, its about time we showed them who and what we are. :buttrock  :devil:

I presume your a youngster so I will refrain from a whitty sarcastic rebuke and just point out that that would be the most idiotic and mindless way to reduce the possible price of a player I have ever heard. A cup tied Gerrard is about as useful as:

1) A chocolate teapot
2) A waterproof sponge
3) A set of Sky hooks (size 12)

Happy Posting.....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:18 am

Well said.

Like I've said elsewhere today though, we are now going to be the beneficiaries of one of the most bizarre and protracted hype campaigns since Beckham first burst onto the scene. For the last two seasons, I've read match reports every game saying that "Mr Dependable" has salvaged a point or a win for the team through some kind of virtuoso performance, or that the disappointing LFC performance was at least lit up by the presence of Mr Wonderful. In all of that time, what I've seen with my own eyes are sporadic champagne moments, the occasionally excellent game and then the rest of the time it's hands-on-hips, "gimme the ball", whining averageness. If, for that player, we get upwards of £30m, I will absolutely p*ss myself laughing.

On current form, he is not the best player on our books. For me he's not even in the top three. And if we were to pay him ridiculous money to reluctantly stay, we'd be absolute mugs. Rafa can now find a midfield partner for Alonso that's a perfect fit, and know there's a genuine homegrown role model in the centre of defence so Red that it infects everyone around him. Stevie's been a false idol for too many for too long, and while I'd still have preferred him to stay, I can live without someone that needy, immature and selfish being the centre of attention at the club I love.
ivor_the_injun

Postby neilE » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:19 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Real have just come in with a 35 mill offer.

Ste Gerrard,Gerrard
I`ve just nicked your Visa card
You`re broke now you fu.cking tart
Go suck Frank Lampard

you're calming down then!!

more poetry please!

And I'm sorry I doubted you when you said you knew this was going to happen a few weeks ago...............
neilE

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:25 am

"People might think winning the Champions League is a good marker that this club is moving in the right direction. I told him to think of the fans, to think of Istanbul and to think of the twelfth man which has been with us all season.

If remembering that doesnt make u wana stay then a dnt think anything will !!!
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion