Postby JBG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:46 pm

DrLiverpool wrote:and i live in dublin :p

:D  :D  :D

Talk about misunderstandings!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:00 pm

JBG that was a superb  post , totally agree 100%  about Gerrard his advisers and about Alonso   being a far better player .
Ive said it a few times on here early on in the year  and got slated for saying Alonso is a better player .

Youll probably remember  ( if your over 40  like me  :p  )  Keegan leaving for  Hamburg  , everyone was thinking it was the end  , what would we do without him .........then we went north and bought a certain scottish player called Dalglish  and evething else is history.
Difference being this time around is that we have the  successor here already and he is Alonso , ok a different type of player  but   he is the play maker  in the same mould as Barnes or Moulby  controlling and general the midfield , something Gerrard  has never done .

Benitez will use the money wisely , that im convinced of  as are most of us on here  (Garnet about  lately ?  :D   )

Like i said  , a superb post  JBG
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby red_indian » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:07 pm

just wanted to make 3 quick points

1. hurts me to use Man Utd for an example but a real captain, Bryan Robson, stands by the team no matter what - the guy could have moved to any club he wnated but stuck with Man Utd till the end, i believe finally winning a league title in his final year - Gerrard was given the captaincy to help fulfill his dreams of captaining his boyhood team. what about all our dreams as fans that featured SG showing Robson type commitment?

2. all this nonsense about not wanting to be involved in a slanging match? who with SG? no one inside LFC, Parry/Rafa, have ever said anything negative about you or the situation so why would they start now - the only one with nasty things to say is likely to be you and they're all made up to help you squirm your way out too

3. no way should we let SG dictate terms to us as to who he would like to be transfered to - even if Real come up with a bid slightly lower than Chelsea's i see no reason why we should give him what he wants, all that matters now is what LFC want and realistically not having to compete against a Chelsea featuring SG would be a good thing too - no doubt Wenger/Ferguson would appreciate that too
red_indian

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:11 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:JBG I havent read your post yet but will do tomorrow, as I am very upset and angry now, so I will comment on it when I read it.

If only some of the newer members of this forum followed the same pattern !!

JBG - TRUE.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:12 pm

And soon to be 35m Richer.

With the club 20m in Debt, this is nothing but good news, plus champions league money last/this season.

On the whole, the fans I've spoken to or heard from are glad there is nearly an outcome to this Fiasco. And most couldn't care less. Like me.
Basically the fact is this, Stevie wanted out, Rafa And Parry could not have done more, but i don't think we'll be any worse out for a number of reasons:

1: Obvious one.....35m buys you 3/4 very good players.

2: Stevie g is not the complete player, and has a lot to learn.
    (for example, he doesnt always "carry the team", and is often non existent in big games...v Chelsea, Arsenal, MAn Utd and England) He rarely bosses the games versus the big teams.

3: Apart from CL final and Olympiacos goals, what else  did he actually do in the CL campaign?? he was not solely responsible for the success, and wasnt playing in many games.

4. Alonso is technically a better player, better vision, and better as a defensive midfielder.

5. Rafa wont have any problems finding the right quality to bring in.

6. in respect to 5 above, we can finish higher in the league and go far in the CL this time and do better overall with the right players.

7. People are sick of seeing his face touch the floor, even after winning every medal their is to win with Liverpool except League.

8. Bolo Zenden can now feed our strike force with more goals and also score them, so expect 20+ each from Morientes and Ciise.

9. Dirk Kuyt will be arriving at Anfield this week, and another big name(s).

10. far greater players have left as we all know before....Kegan, Toshack, Dalglish, Souness, Barnes, Beardsley, Houghton, Rush, Smith....do i have to go on!

11. I am available, if Rafa needs reinforcements in midfield, wing or up front. I'm not a bad player,,, quick, got 2 good feet, and I only cost 50k a week!

:D

:D

I really couldnt care less, at the end of the day he's gonna turn his back on the club, like Owen, seeming not listening to Rafa or interested in his plans. He should be booed forever.
65-1114725958

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:12 pm

red_indian wrote:no one inside LFC, Parry/Rafa, have ever said anything negative about you or the situation so why would they start now - the only one with nasty things to say is likely to be you and they're all made up to help you squirm your way out too

Indeed Parry's comments tonight - in which he defends Gerrard's motives by stating that in his opinion Stevie's decision was not motivated by greed - was one of the most remarkable examples of rare good character in a game now poisioned by money, pressure and greed.

Parry, with that comment, is trying to lift some of the pressure off Stevie, even though he would be well within his rights to posion Stevie's name further among the supporters.

Remarkable.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:13 pm

Its the Liverpool Way old bean.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:20 pm

I hope he will go to Chelsea, so then when he plays again at Anfield he will be boo-ed so badly! I am sure the ref will hate him too.. lol...
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:22 pm

Just remember that this is the same Gerrard as at the end of last season. He wanted off then and has finally got his hand on his goldens and admitted it. The boy has done OK for Liverpool but the 100% committment wasn't there last season (Yes I know what he did in certain games) and matters would only have got worse.
This is not the end of the world and in many ways it will make us stronger. There will be no more forelock tugging to an ego too big for its own self.
The game is about 11 men not 10 and a superstar
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:22 pm

JBG wrote:
red_indian wrote:no one inside LFC, Parry/Rafa, have ever said anything negative about you or the situation so why would they start now - the only one with nasty things to say is likely to be you and they're all made up to help you squirm your way out too

Indeed Parry's comments tonight - in which he defends Gerrard's motives by stating that in his opinion Stevie's decision was not motivated by greed - was one of the most remarkable examples of rare good character in a game now poisioned by money, pressure and greed.

Parry, with that comment, is trying to lift some of the pressure off Stevie, even though he would be well within his rights to posion Stevie's name further among the supporters.

Remarkable.

yeah i noticed that myself, it must have been hard for parry especially as he must have been there when gerrard gave him the good news but he acted like a true professional and a gentleman.
not quite the alan sugar reaction over klinsmann when he threw his shirt away during an interview.
lfc-class.
excellent post about gerrard by the way jbg.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:26 pm

got to say when i was watching that interview i was impressed by the way rick parry handled the transfer request from gerrard he was nearly in tears but he handled it professionally
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:35 pm

Im just wondering to whomever he goes to ,he wont be the big superstar there ,he wont have the clubs blood running through his body.
He probably wont be that influential player he was for us.
Only playing for LFC could bring out the best in him.
66-1112520797

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:40 pm

JBG all I can say about your post is THANK-YOU  :bowdown
Excellent.

I feel so sorry for Parry though, he was so clearly gutted and almost in tears.  :(   Sad Sad day, But we will recover no doubt about that.

MCYAN
I am sure the ref will hate him too

Mcyan you come out with some classic lines...LMFAO..OMG!!!
:D   :laugh:   :D
76-1115222408

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:40 pm

uh oh ive just been reminded of the fact that gerrard wants to leave now and will definately leave this summer so now his price wont rise much and may even lower because we will be forced to sell anyway to the highest bid
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Bench » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:47 pm

1 Charity shield
2 league cups
1 FA Cup
1 UEFA Cup
1 European Super Cup
and The Champions League.
And he's leaving to win things? ???
(Apologies if someones already pointed this out)
The Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion