Gerrards gone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby joependo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:33 pm

He could have gone last season but he didnt, he also lifted the trophey and was bound to sign a new deal. Im sure this was not down to money. He said something happened in the last 5-6 weeks. Something has been engineered in this time whilst everyones been on holiday to obviously make him leave and its work. This is the work of higher powers as SFX and Real/Chelsea.
No he's leaving because he had a bust up with rafa but i really think none of that happened and he just wants more money.MONEYGRABBER.Never gonna be a liverpool ledgend at our club you money grabber.But if he does leave i hope he goes to real instead of cheatski
joependo

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:33 pm

i feel sorry for the kids because i remember how absolutley heartbroken i was when kevin keegan left us, i thought the sky had collapsed or something, i couldnt eat for days. but every cloud has a silver lining and we ended up signing the best player ever to wear a red shirt.
if he really wanted to stay at the club he would have signed, all this cr@p about i was prepared to sign but......give us a break stevie lad you`ve wanted out for a year in fact he played the major trophy card last year thinking that was his passport out of the place but our cl win scuppered that plan.
he has spent a year looking for a excuse to leave. now he`s found some spurious one and he`s clinging to it.
thanks for the memories lad you tried hard for the shirt but you started to read too many papers and believed your own hype. the average fan from other clubs respected you as a hometown lad loyal to his club, now your just another talented moneygrabbing footballer.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:33 pm

No player no matter how greedy leaves a club in such sudden circumstances without something major going on and i think it happened whilst he was on holiday. I think this is a big mistake. One thatcan be undone.....i doubt it. If he really was all for the money, then he would have left last season as Chelsea were offering last year over 100k still a week. What we have witnessed today is the power of player managment and agencies. Unfortunatly theres nothing we can do about it. All i can say is im looking forward to next season with or without him. Im looking forward to watching Cisse bak to his best and watching Morientes whos won more silverwear than SG will probabaly ever win. Keep your heads up people.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quimby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:34 pm

As sad to see a great player go as it is, there's a strange sense of relief about it. I remember saying last year that, whether he stays or goes, any resolution would be good for the team. The uncertainty and constant speculation really unsettled the league form, something that should finally be solved. With £35million, there are possibilities of bringing in a fine replacement, then still having some money left over. The club can finally move on from the constant stress of wondering what their captain is going to do. It'll work out very well next season - the team will finally be settled, something that hasn't been said for a while.
Quimby

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:36 pm

Quimby wrote:As sad to see a great player go as it is, there's a strange sense of relief about it. I remember saying last year that, whether he stays or goes, any resolution would be good for the team. The uncertainty and constant speculation really unsettled the league form, something that should finally be solved. With £35million, there are possibilities of bringing in a fine replacement, then still having some money left over. The club can finally move on from the constant stress of wondering what their captain is going to do. It'll work out very well next season - the team will finally be settled, something that hasn't been said for a while.

here here
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:40 pm

this seems a really terrible thing now and of course it is but very soon we will be gettin 40m+ added to our transfer budget to really strengthen the side. remember everton when wayne rooney left? everyone was sayin it was downhill all the way for them now and every1 was really angry but maybe not as angry as we are now but then look what happened to thgem they stuck together as a team and played as a proper team and got 4th. We can move on from this if we do it correctly
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:42 pm

Sure you can rfeplace him but he was homegrown and a local lad and that for the near future seems not replaceable as there dont look like any new scousers on the come up. I will still miss hearing that blokes oi the tanoy call out his name when he scored just like i did when MO left but fotbal is to buisness orientated now. And as for the bust up, i have a feeling that it was all fabricated. There were no quotes, no exact details and the most driving fact is that no other players even mentioned it. Theres always some bigmouth player who opens his mouth but nothing.

The reason they dont quote a source is becasue they cannot back it up. Who knows if SFX member were brainwashing SG with romours about wanting him out. I work in the journalism industry and let me tell you anything can be manipulated. If Michael Jackson can be found not guilty then the combined powers at SFX/Real/Chelsea can and have easily made what was impossoible to picture o the 25th a reality.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quimby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:47 pm

Maybe some of this transfer money (hopefully about £15-20million) could be spent hijacking the Julio Baptists deal from Arsenal. A robust, powerful midfielder who would slot in nicely. We'll see what benitez has up his sleeve.
Quimby

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:47 pm

Rafa & Gerrard have both been linked with Real Madrid and boy am I so glad it's looking likely to be the latter.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby mistyred » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:50 pm

Local lads i'm afraid should not turn to the dark side but he is entitled to make a living
i will also add that i have also had more than my fair share to say about MR Gerrard
in the past and with good reason it seems so let's get down to earth and hard work
and prove the B'stard wrong.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:56 pm

hey ho it's history now ladeeeez and gents he's made his decision now and we must move on ,no recriminations, no name calling,good luck stevie. Now lets get on with building a team thats gonna compete for the title and maybe he'll realise he's made a mistake when jamie is lifting the premiership trophey.Through out the history of LFC we've lost great managers and players and we've moved on, that's what we all must do now .YNWA
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:57 pm

Jan Cuelemans wrote:Rafa & Gerrard have both been linked with Real Madrid and boy am I so glad it's looking likely to be the latter.

i think its madrid he`s going to, they said they`d never officially declare interest in a player who hasnt put in a transfer request then ten minutes later gerrard releases a statement his agent cooked up with just enough ambiguity in the wording to try to put the blame on the club and make out he was forced to do this.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:00 pm

well im now hoping a bidding war will be sparked and the price will raise to a very high sum maybe even reaching 45m now that would be a dream price to sell him for, world record
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:00 pm

Well I was certain he would stay and said so on here several times. I also said without him we wouldn't win the league for another 3 years, so I'm now hoping my judgement is just as bad on that one.
I can't think of any good reason why he would want to leave. If he wasn't committed to the club why did he stay last summer? What's changed? We're now a successful club getting better. The only thing that makes any sense is people close to him - especially SFX - whispering :censored: to him so much that he believes it - he's got 100 times more talent than brains after all.
Blessing in disguise? - no, world class players don't grow on trees and if they're available then Chelsea can offer more than us. Even with 50 mil to spend, we can't expect to be a good side overnight. But then as I always get it wrong maybe there's still hope.......................
neilE

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:05 pm

Parry is on the TV now and he is gutted!!!

I don't believe he is going...  Owen last year and Gerrard this year.  Where is the pride gone in football... Local lads playing for there local team.. what more could you want
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion