Gerrards gone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:15 pm

i forgive baros for all his stupid comments this season... at least he was being honest with us.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:15 pm

what did he say!?!?!? You are either very stupid or naive.

Don't you remember how coud I leave after a night like that? He 's found a :censored: way hasn't he.

Or I want to win trophies at Liverpool, well he's doen that and yet he still deieds to :censored: off.

Plus all the various :censored: about how he wants to sign a new contract. He knew he was leaving all along, winning in Istanbul just complicated the issue.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Krafty » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:17 pm

I think Gerrard leaving is big loss for LFC in long run. For his defense, he had been rumored one way or another all seasson long which didn't help his playing, yes as professional he should be expected to play with all these rumors to his fullest, however all are humen at the end of day. I do not think he is using $ to get out of LFC, there is likely more to story then just $.

Yes club made an offer, but is it adequate ? is club serious to keep him ? if yes, then is club willing to make somewhat resonable offer to keep what is considred the best Mid fielder in England ?

Last year LFC lost the goal scorer, LFC got $ and few otherr players, however no one has steped up to fill up the gap and the lack was visible most of year. High $ was paid for replacement to be unfortunately sit out injured, will see if $ was worth the replacement cost.

I see that their is different vision for club, and Gerrard doesn't fit into it, thus a slap in your face contract has been made to him. A club can't treat its star player like that, take into count what few other at club are making and what they producing, then worth of Gerrad may be more visible.

Any ways, I wish Gerrad best of luck, and like most I hope he doesn't go to Chelsea.

LFC Fan since mid 70s.
Krafty

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:19 pm

I admit i will miss him but the more we bitch about him, its just goig to make it harder. Players come and go and agents are c***s i admit it but the fact still remains that we are the European Champions. And we won it via a team effort. Yes Gerrards contribution was viatl and hes scored some memorable goals this season but im sure come 3 weeks time once a few more signings arrive this thread wont even get any more hits.

I was as gutted as anyone but now its up to him to see if he can make it big time abroad. Im sure he wont as none of the three English players the currently have do much anyway. Weve only heard from him briefly why he left. He hasnt given his thoughts and exact reasons why he left and until he does and the fans know 100% what happend i dont think anyoe is in a position to be berating him so much despite how bad it may have looked when he pledged his future on the 25th.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:20 pm

Rick Parry's statement in full - Source Liverpoolfc.tv

Rick Parry has this evening spoken of his disappointment following Steven Gerrard's decision to leave Anfield and insisted the club did everything they could to persuade him to sign a new contract. 
The skipper informed the club that he won't be signing a new deal early this afternoon as he prepares for a career away from Merseyside.

Chelsea are now expected to return with an improved bid after having an offer rejected by Liverpool on Tuesday, while Real Madrid could also enter the race for his signature.

Parry admits he is disappointed with Gerrard's decision, but he insists everyone at the club is remaining calm and continuing to plan for the future.

He said: "It's disappointing because we made it clear we wanted him to stay. There's no question about that. He's made it pretty clear now that he wants to go and so we have to move on.

"I remember sitting with him last summer and underdstanding his frustrations, which were deep at the time. He came close to leaving then but we asked him to stick with us and see what we could achieve. We thought we had achieved a fair bit last season.

"To be fair to Stevie this hasn't been about money. Money hasn't been a problem. It's about his commitment and about a feeling of where he wants to be in the long term. He feels he has a better chance of winning trophies and being successful somewhere else. It's our job now to prove him wrong.

"People might think winning the Champions League is a good marker that this club is moving in the right direction. I told him to think of the fans, to think of Istanbul and to think of the twelfth man which has been with us all season.

"We're all disappointed but the club has to move on now and we'll have to see what tomorrow brings. We're all calm." 

"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:21 pm

Krafty wrote:Yes club made an offer, but is it adequate ? is club serious to keep him ? if yes, then is club willing to make somewhat resonable offer to keep what is considred the best Mid fielder in England ?

Whats the difference between 80k a week and 100k a week though? Most people don't earn that in a year let alone a week, and some peple in Africa are living on less than a dollar a day!

complaining baout the del not being adeqaute smacks of Gerrard being a greedy :censored:, if thsi was in fact the issue.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:23 pm

according to the statement RicK Parry made, Gerrard is not insterested in the money but in winning trophies. The only trophy he hasn't won with liverpool is the league.

I noticed from this statement that Mr Parry is still defending Gerrard, who has not been loyal to our club.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:23 pm

ScouseTommy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:1892 - 2005
18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups
4 European Cups <------------------------
3 UEFA Cups
2 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A

You copied my sig from before I updated it... 5*

no i didnt you cpied mine!!!!!!!!!

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:25 pm

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:according to the statement RicK Parry made, Gerrard is not insterested in the money but in winning trophies. The only trophy he hasn't won with liverpool is the league.

I noticed from this statement that Mr Parry is still defending Gerrard, who has not been loyal to our club.

Parry has to be professional about the whole situation , he can't really say Gerrard has betrayed the club now can he?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:29 pm

but why is he leaving then ?
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:29 pm

He could have gone last season but he didnt, he also lifted the trophey and was bound to sign a new deal. Im sure this was not down to money. He said something happened in the last 5-6 weeks. Something has been engineered in this time whilst everyones been on holiday to obviously make him leave and its work. This is the work of higher powers as SFX and Real/Chelsea.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:30 pm

I for one won't ever be referring to Gerrard as Judas. He cost us nothing and has been a top player for us. His leaving has been desperately badly handled but in the fullness of time will probably be mutually beneficial.
The truth, I think, is that his agents tried playing a game of subterfuge and cloak and dagger involving certain sections of the media and Rafa's "he can be head-scout if he wants" completely wrong-footed them. This forced their hand and made Gerrard own up to the fact that he wants to leave. Clearly, behind the scenes his people have been talking to Chelsea at the very least and in all probablity, Madrid aswell. It stinks but is the way in modern football. Indeed, in a similar way we have aquired many players in the past.
I try and post things that I will stand by in a few weeks (notwithstanding my claim on the Crouch thread that Glen Johnson is a LEFT midfielder in disguise) and my feeling is that this has been inevitable for some time. I personally think that in the majority of games Gerrard has been very poor and has done nothing for morale. Let him go and take the cash but don't hate the kid, lifes too short.
On the other hand I've been saying for some time, do not be surprised when Manure come in with a huge bid. What better way for the Glazers to win the fans over? Makes perfect sense to me. If that happens, then even I will join the haters club.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:31 pm

i also think that SFX has played a big role in this.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:31 pm

true bavlondon, but ultimately it's Stevie's decsion. iI was claer that the club really wanted him here yet he still decided to leave for god know what reason. ???
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:31 pm

oh God,im sooooooo furious !!!!!!!!!
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion