Gerrards gone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:58 pm

Why, why , why, I keep asking myself this question and still I can't find any answer. I feel totally gutted :angry:
Less and less honour left in football :(
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:00 pm

Just seen Parry on SSN, he looked gutted.  Refused to slag off Gerrard and gave the impression that he wanted to be something bigger than the Captain of the club.

As Parry said...."no individual is bigger than Liverpool Football club...the club and its fans will still be here.....so onwards and upwards"
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:01 pm

For me £40m is jus not enough to be honest. Reasons why is theres nothing like havin a local lad in your team. And quite frankly we hav no more gerrards, owens, fowlers, mcaas or carraghers cummin throu the ranks(correct me if im wrong!).

And with £40m who are we gonna find that could turn a game on it head the way gerrad has dun over the last couple of seasons.

Only special players have the ability to do this only players like gerrard and rooney.

And before you start naming the likes of Kaka and the rest, there not local (i no rooneys not a local lad for us!) n there not gonna wanna sign for liverpool.

And i know u anti-gerrard posters r goin to say that you dont need him, the stats say this, the stats say that and he was lazy all season but ur not going to find a player in the world that could hav scored the goal he scored against olipakios.

And you can make stats say anything but you telllin me we would have one withot gerrard in the final.

The other thing that reely bothers me is that we're not going to see best central midfiled parterneship in the world of Alonso n Gerrard flourish.

I also need to stress that the only English lad we got in our first team is Carragher, i no we got carson and Finnan whose irsh. i feel we our losing the character of the team. The ones who won all those ccups were mainly brithesh based players. Dont get me wrong i understand why rafa went to spain. but now with lost our 'tallisman' as it were i believe we need to try get at least one britesh face in and not one to warm the bench one that will b out there everygame.

I feel the best we can do is get someone like Baraja on our books as they can do there job in midfield but we do desperatly need someone who can turn the game, Wright Phillps would b ideal but i jus cant see it happening. And some may well say  'sell him well get 3 alonsos' but that simply isnt the case, players like alonso dont cum along often espically at the price we got him at. Saying that Gerrards dont cum along often.

Gerrard is the best midfielder in world football today and i am very sad to c him go.

Agents are the cancer of football.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:04 pm

Ok well if was such an inconsistent player and not that good anyway then why is everyone kicking up such a fuss over him and why is he about to break the transfer record?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ScouseTommy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:05 pm

I posted this on 606 about 45 min's before LFC made the statement, was going to post on here 2 but the boss was lurking... hope it wasn't my fault  :oops:

Gerrard.... T.Reeves  - 1st post - 5 Jul 2005 13:53
This is just my own opinion... Steven Gerrard must be looking to be the most disloyal captain in the history of our club. He wrecked last summer for us with worry and what a suprise he is doing it again. He's been offered the contract and he should be told to sign it or go and make sure he knows if he goes he's going abroad. He must be starting to believe his own media hype that he is Mr Liverpool. There has been alleged bust ups with him and rafa before remember him scoring last season and running off to the crowd shouting "I'm the F'ing man" He was allegedly told by rafa in no uncertain terms that he isn't, it's the team that matters but it's really looking like he thinks otherwise. No question of his ability but I personally do not want players at my club who do not want to be there, no matter how good they are, no1 is bigger than the club. LFC were thinking they had till begin' of august to sort his contract while Gerrard was thinking if I play against TNS thats me here for the season. He got caught up in the hype of winning the CL("How can I leave after a night like this") then had second thoughts and tried to make it look like the club are forcing him out. to do this just so he doesn't look like he's the bad guy is a joke. Saying LFC are stalling after the way he's acted the past 12 months is laughable. The only trophy we've not won is the league so money can be the only motivation. Get him out make JC the captain and lets look forward to next season. Sorry if I went on I have just had enough of this.

GOOD RIDDANCE JUDAS! PLEASE NOT CROUCH!
1892 - 2005
18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
2 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
ScouseTommy

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:06 pm

how are we going to beat Blackpool now  :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby London_Red » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:06 pm

obviously he will be missed in our team, but we have the ability to replace him, now alonso will be our main midfielder, our play will come through him and this could turn out to be very good for us, we have managed after losing some great legends in the past, and we will manage to deal with gerard leaving, no one is bigger than LFC
London_Red

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:08 pm

the fuss is becoz he has been disloyal to the club.

Have u just seen Mr Parry on SSN ?? U'll understand why.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:09 pm

I am not saying that bavlondon, he's a class act thats for sure, but he is a :censored: of a man. You speak like he is leaving on good and respectful terms, well wake up and rlaise he has spat in our face.

This season he often looked like he wasn't interested, and if he dosn't want to be here then he may as well :censored: off anyway. We will get a good fee for him and the club will go onward and upwards under Rafa.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:10 pm

No what did he say ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:12 pm

...seems picking this log in name might not have been so silly after all :p
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:12 pm

i guess others players might play with more confidence as Gerrard was considered to be the star or at least that's what he thought.

The guy forgot his roots.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:14 pm

believe me,stevie will regret his decision.i don't understand on why he wants to leave us.be it because of money or whatever,he's a disloyal midfielder so much after leading the team for the CL and saying 'how can i leave after a night like this'.

believe in Rafa and we'll be a title holder for next season and in which club stevie will be won't win nothing.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby London_Red » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:14 pm

maybe we should have kept igor, he alwyas played his best when gerard wasnt in the team :D
London_Red

Postby ScouseTommy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:15 pm

bavlondon wrote:1892 - 2005
18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups
4 European Cups <------------------------
3 UEFA Cups
2 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A