Gerrards gone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:43 pm

Believe it, he's gone.

At last, a fuc*ing end to the whole saga.

It's a step backwards if you ask me.  I can't ever remember a player who left Anfield at their peak to play for a domestic rival of ours.  If he goes to Chelsea, it will be the first time in YEARS it's happened I would imagine.  Since before the Shankly era definitely.

Let's get as much money as we can for him.  The board had better not fu*k this one up, I don't want any echoes of the Owen saga where we got short-changed.

The King is dead.  Long live Jamie Carragher, the new King Of Anfield.
jonnymac1979

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:43 pm

Struan Marshall - go to hell You money leeching b@stard !!!

Can't believe it !! :( Sad day, sad day indeed :(
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whitehouse » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:44 pm

i hope he goes to real madrid and not those :censored: chelsea
whitehouse

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:45 pm

well by his action it is about money. all this time it is all about me, myself and i. what a selfish :censored:. talk about from hero to zero.:angry:
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:46 pm

Its a sad day for Liverpool but we'll recover. It could be a blessing in disguise, at least now we won't have to listen to him whinging anymore and maybe now Benitez will have full, 100% control of the team.

The Benitez revolution starts today, from now on our manager is the main man, not out captain.

Although at this very moment it pains me to say it, I wish Gerrard all the best, although I would hope he moves to Madrid rather than Chelsea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby whitehouse » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:47 pm

sorry lads i just cant see a player out there that can replace him gutted
whitehouse

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:48 pm

COULDNT THIS OFF GONE IN THE OFFICIAL GERRARD TOPIC...................................................OH I DONT NO PEOPLE LUV RUINING THIS FORUM LOL

GERRRRRAAARRRRDDDDDDDD WHO?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:48 pm

From LFC.tv

Liverpool FC today issued the following press statement regarding Steven Gerrard. 
"The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:49 pm

His loss not ours and least we get a good price for him
Plenty of stars and idols have gone before him and we have continued onwards
While im gutted he is going, im wont miss all this fricking egotistic hype
Time to have  a superstar team not a superstar in the team

That all said and done, i still have bitter feeling in my stomach over this whole sorry episode
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:50 pm

I really don't think Stevie knows what he's doing, he's an hero, captain at Anfield and loved by everyone and he's going to leave and become just another player at some other club, what are you doing Stevie :(

..........RISE SIR XABI OF ANFIELD :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:50 pm

The time has actually come when the TRUE colours of the man are clear for all to see yellow  :veryangry see now we can a club again and play for the team and not just one man.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:51 pm

A sad day for us and for football.  It seems that he wasn't happy with the new signings...I would love to see us sign up players like Wright-Phillips, a new central defender, a new left back, and a new striker of genuine world class ability, but we simply don't have the money.  If Stevie will only stay if we bankrupt ourselves to compete with Chelsea and Man Utd in the transfer market, then he is better off gone.  Rafa has already shown that he can win the big prizes without going out and buying up the worlds best players.  I don't want us to win a few league titles and european cups now only to bankrupt ourselves and end up like Leeds.
mike72

Postby whitehouse » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:51 pm

laza wrote:His loss not ours and least we get a good price for him
Plenty of stars and idols have gone before him and we have continued onwards
While im gutted he is going, im wont miss all this fricking egotistic hype
Time to have  a superstar team not a superstar in the team

That all said and done, i still have bitter feeling in my stomach over this whole sorry episode

put very nicely well said
whitehouse

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:51 pm

i really dont like him right now. no more cheering for him. hes as bad as everyone else. whoever said long live the new king of anfield as jamie c... damn right
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:51 pm

maximus wrote:From LFC.tv

Liverpool FC today issued the following press statement regarding Steven Gerrard. 
"The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

LIVERPOOLFC.TV OFFICIAL NEWS STATEMENT
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion