Gerrards form for england?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:29 am

Where were you lot when I compared his leadership to Roy Keanes ! Pop up now when im dead and buried CONFOUND YOU ALL !!!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:50 am

I suppose you were all saying that when he scored the first goal in the CL final or the equaliser in the FA cup final? No? Maybe when he scored the winner against Olympiacos then ?

Maybe he is not the greatest Captain we have ever had , but I think he deserves some respect for what he has done while he's been Captain. Hughes was hardly the most vocal of Captains and led by example same as Hyypia and Gerrard. Yeats, Smith, Souness were much more vocal, different strokes but all trying to do a very difficult job to the best of their ability, but in their own way.
account deleted by request

Postby hello_red » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:56 am

Gerrard sweats blood for Liverpool!

His form for England has never transfered to Liverpool.

The guy is the only player on that rag of a team who is truly world class and the sooner the sooner the England set up realise this the better.

:kungfu:
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:08 am

s@int wrote:I suppose you were all saying that when he scored the first goal in the CL final or the equaliser in the FA cup final? No? Maybe when he scored the winner against Olympiacos then ?

No we were admiring Gerrard as as world class player who can change a game with a moment of genius, not many games with moments of leadership.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:13 am

Morreen's bookie's fave and i recon he could be the man to handle the "stars", plus he'd have all the London rags on side which is half the battle and at least he knows his own mind, what he wants, what he dosnt. Plus its the only way he'll ever have SG playing for him and by his own estamation that worth 50 mill.                     Ok who else? Its either an ex ( Hoddle, venables ) or an inexperienced like Pearse or maybe a fat sam, do you see what i mean?
Last edited by Rush Job on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:24 am

Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:I suppose you were all saying that when he scored the first goal in the CL final or the equaliser in the FA cup final? No? Maybe when he scored the winner against Olympiacos then ?

No we were admiring Gerrard as as world class player who can change a game with a moment of genius, not many games with moments of leadership.

What are these examples of great leadership that other Captains have shown that Gerrard hasn't? Coming back from the edge of disaster, maybe 3-0 down in a final perhaps ? Whether you shout and scream, or just inspire people with your ability, there is only so much a captain can do. I don't honestly know if he's a good captain or not, I do know he can inspire the team with his ability.

What do these great captains do that Gerrard doesn't?

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:31 am

s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

What are these examples of great leadership that other Captains have shown that Gerrard hasn't? Coming back from the edge of disaster, maybe 3-0 down in a final perhaps ? Whether you shout and scream, or just inspire people with your ability, there is only so much a captain can do. I don't honestly know if he's a good captain or not, I do know he can inspire the team with his ability.

The captains who have got us 3 points in games in which we havent deserved one, in each and every game, the captain who  points at the underachievers that day in any league game, there are many. The player who will point out hey, no cup just points, but these points add up to a league title. That kind of captain.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:35 am

Rush Job wrote:Morreen's bookie's fave and i recon he could be the man to handle the "stars", plus he'd have all the London rags on side which is half the battle and at least he knows his own mind, what he wants, what he dosnt. Plus its the only way he'll ever have SG playing for him and by his own estamation that worth 50 mill.                     Ok who else? Its either an ex ( Hoddle, venables ) or an inexperienced like Pearse or maybe a fat sam, do you see what i mean?

I agree mate, with all the good international managers going to the finals its either Mourinho or keep McClaren until after the finals and then go for one of the top international managers (if any would take the job). I would be on the phone tomorrow to Mourinho if I was the Fa. Anyone would be better than fat sam. (Maybe not Warnock  :D  )

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:43 am

Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

The captains who have got us 3 points in games in which we havent deserved one, in each and every game, the captain who  points at the underachievers that day in any league game, there are many. The player who will point out hey, no cup just points, but these points add up to a league title. That kind of captain.

Maybe they had better players around them? Or maybe they just shouted a bit more and we still lost, because I can't remember too many occasions when our captains (and we have had some great ones)  have changed a game the way Gerrard has.

Maybe my memory is slipping but I can't remember one captain that did this :-

The captains who have got us 3 points in games in which we havent deserved one,  in each and every game, the captain who  points at the underachievers that day in any league game

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:07 am

I have to put this partly down to mclaren... I'm not making him a scapegoat... but the man just made sven look like a very good england manager...

under ericsson, gerrard performed very well for england... they even had a trend going on "whenever gerrard plays england never loses"...

later on ericsson became worse and worse and I said that england doesn't need a manager because they're playing like no one's coaching them... but the croatia game shows that mclaren took the situation to a next level... he made the team WORSE than if there is no manager at all...and I can't believe he said he's staying on...

England needs a coach like Juergen Klinnsman... teach the star players how to go back to basics... hard work, fitness, team spirit above all else... Maybe Shearer can do this?

And I don't agree at all that Gerrard is not captain material... if he's not I don't know who is... but I agree that he seem to not impose himself in the england squad as much as he does in liverpool... it seems as if he's worried about stealing the limelight... he seems to be more of a team player in the england team... I do wish that he would have imposed himself more when he was given the temporary captaincy...

Another possibility is that he's not 100% fit at all as he seems to be struggling to impose himself since the first international break this season...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby connor25 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:13 am

hes far from poor for england

he just aint at his club level like all of them

reason....... :censored: manager
connor25

Postby hello_red » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:15 am

Who gives a frack? I dont yet I still post on this thread.

Gerrard is an inspiration! We havnt had a player like this since, dare i say it Dalglish or Emlyn Hughes.

I want a player who leads in the middle of battle. Gerrard is a general lad, he leads the cavalry.

Im ravating on, good night.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:20 am

connor25 wrote:hes far from poor for england

he just aint at his club level like all of them

reason....... :censored: manager

agreed
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:22 am

Dalglish wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:and also he was captain tonight, i certainly didnt see a captain performance in any way

Although he has the ability to turn games with his abilies he isn't Captian material and ask anyone at Liverpool who is the "real" cpatian and they will tell you it's Jamie Carragher.

last time i checked it was gerrard's inspiration that won us the cl 2 years ago. can carra chnage the game and score goals?
I highly doubt so , and before u give a one sided comment pls think first ..

Gerrard is performing no btr then the whole of the england team but if u watched the match , u could see he was making the effort chasing for almost every lost ball .. At one point right at the death , he was 1on 1 with the croatio's peteric and he managed to tackle the ball away as he was furthest man back , where was sol?  or lescott?? It takes 11 players to make the team , not just gerrard alone
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:37 am

Dalglish wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:and also he was captain tonight, i certainly didnt see a captain performance in any way

Although he has the ability to turn games with his abilies he isn't Captian material and ask anyone at Liverpool who is the "real" cpatian and they will tell you it's Jamie Carragher.

If that's the case, then we've got the best of both worlds. We've got an inspirational leader who has the ability to change the game with a sweet stroke of the ball, and we've got a "shouter and motivator". I've got no problem with that.
As for England, well they never play to his strengths. Gerrard always plays better alongside a holding midfielder. When playing alongside Lampard, he doesn't seem to know whether he should be going forward or sitting back. This is down to the manager's incompetence.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion