Gerrard would relish owen link-up - Bbc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard would be delighted to link up again with Michael Owen - if the Real Madrid star makes a swift return to England.
Ex-Reds striker Owen, 25, has insisted he is happy at the Bernabeu, despite rumours linking him with a quick exit.

"Michael is a fantastic player to play with, although I am not sure what decisions he will make in his career," Gerrard, 24, told BBC Radio Five Live.

"I love playing with Michael - he is a fantastic footballer."

Owen left Liverpool to join Real in August 2004.

And the England striker has netted 11 goals in all competitions for the club this season, despite starting only eight games.

But his impressive ratio has not stopped coach coach Wanderley Luxemburgo using Raul and Ronaldo as his first-choice strikers.

"He is not getting many minutes on the field, which is unfortunate because he deserves to play more," added Gerrard.

"His goals-to-games ratio is fantastic. I think the new manager will be playing him more."

The Liverpool midfielder, who has been linked with Real Madrid and Chelsea, also revealed his admiration for David Beckham - the man who some have tipped Gerrard to replace as England captain.

He said: "I have got a lot of respect for David Beckham as a person and player.

"Every player goes through dips in form - you can't always play at your highest level - I've had dips in form myself
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:25 pm

hm, Owen has only scored 9 for Real Madrid, then 2 for England this season.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:19 pm

The other side to this is SG going to Real MAdrid to link up with Owen!!! :angry:  :angry:
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:44 pm

Is it just me or is the whole Stevie G saga boring anyone else?  And also, whenever you get taliking to anyone on the subject in work, pub etc... they always know "someone" who DEFINITELY KNOWS that Stevie is going at the end of the season.

How do they know?  Why do they talk cack?  It will be decided at the end of the season.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:48 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Is it just me or is the whole Stevie G saga boring anyone else?  And also, whenever you get taliking to anyone on the subject in work, pub etc... they always know "someone" who DEFINITELY KNOWS that Stevie is going at the end of the season.

How do they know?  Why do they talk cack?  It will be decided at the end of the season.

exactly. i just wish stevie would stop speaking to the media every five minutes. some smart t#sser journalist always thinks they can "read something into it. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:52 pm

Not just any smart to$$er journalist.

It's always a SOUTHERN smart to$$er journalist.
jonnymac1979

Postby the great one » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:57 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:The other side to this is SG going to Real MAdrid to link up with Owen!!! :angry:  :angry:

Wrong Real madrid want Adriano and Robinho before they want Gerrard and Owen wants out can you say hello Lampard and Terry  :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:17 pm

just watching the tsunami relief match. there hasn't even been a tackle yet.

i was just trying to add up the value of the players on show. i've reached over 300m at present. :O
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:21 pm

Gerrard doesn't suit blue.

1-0 to Ronaldinho XI.  Real Madrid wanted to use E'to as a makeweight in the Michael Owen deal according to FourFourTwo.  He wanted to go to Barcelona instead though. 

Don't know if it would have been a good or bad thing.  He's top scorer in Spain, but it's fair to say our record with the Africans isn't that good, barring Grobbelaar and Johnston.  He might have flopped like Diouf and Diao.
jonnymac1979

Postby the great one » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:28 pm

There won't be no tackles its just abit like a training match alot of skills and goals and most of the players have champions league games next week :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:29 pm

Could of got him 2 years ago aswell  but Houiller was keen :D
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:29 pm

the great one wrote:There won't be no tackles its just abit like a training match alot of skills and goals and most of the players have champions league games next week :)

i know. at the moment ronaldihno, eto'o and kaka are taking the p#ss out of europe. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:12 pm

Who is that commentating? 

I can't tell whether it's Tyldsley or not.  Is it Parry? 

Either way, "that magical night in 1999" was just mentioned. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:23 pm

Maybe we've just found our new centre back... :D  :D  :D
SG looks lost!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:24 pm

Whoo-hoo Jari is playing!!!
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion