Gerrard to sign new contract before 25th of may! - £100k a week

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon May 09, 2005 9:20 pm

Santa wrote:SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!! SALARY CAP!!!   :nod   :nod   :nod

sorry i didn't quite catch what you meant there. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Mon May 09, 2005 9:20 pm

same man, same players as last season...just confused as to where his loyalty lies after being blinded by the mafia's milions. Now with that sorted out, I hope and expect a blinder from Stevie at Istanbul ???
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon May 09, 2005 9:27 pm

stmichael wrote:sorry i didn't quite catch what you meant there. :D

IDIOT...1 usually offensive   : a person affected with idiocy
2 : a foolish or stupid person  :bump  :rasp

...peace  :buttrock   :hearts
Last edited by Santa on Mon May 09, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 09, 2005 9:28 pm

Santa wrote:
stmichael wrote:sorry i didn't quite catch what you meant there. :D

Introduce the fcukin' SALARY CAP!!!

cheers for clearing that one up :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Mon May 09, 2005 10:23 pm

100k a week? That's way too much imo, Gerrard is a good footballer and all but his performances this season aren't worth a 100k a week. The player he was last year is totaly different from the one he is this season, last year he was much more immense where as this season he's been a shadow in most games.

Alonso is a better player than Gerrard, his performance against Juventus[his first game after four months] proves that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 09, 2005 10:55 pm

A.B. wrote:The player he was last year is totaly different from the one he is this season, last year he was much more immense where as this season he's been a shadow in most games.

Alonso is a better player than Gerrard, his performance against Juventus[his first game after four months] proves that.

Agree that Gerrard hasn't been the same player he was last season but lets not sit here and pretend he has been awful this season. The guy has put in a few shockers and a few below average performances. He's also played a few blinders, several very good performances and plenty more where he has simply played ok to decent.

I get the feeling a lot of fans/members have simply jumped on the 'Gerrard has been :censored: this season' bandwagon' The guy has received criticsim on here after games in which the team has played badly yet he was the only player who looked like scoring or provided the pass for the 2 chances Baros (or whoever) missed on the day.

The lad has not come close to performing to his 2003/04 form but that doesn't mean he can't get back there.

Fact - No one in the Premier League had a better season last year. Not fat Frank, Not Henry. Gerrard was awesome.

He had lousy Euros with all the speculation and the inner-turmoil he was obviously going through regarding his future. He's been up and down this season with more constant speculation from the London press who have tried and succeeded to unsettle him.

Lets win this trophy, sign the lad up for another 4 years and maybe we will have the old Stevie back in the fold.

As for comparing him with Alonso - It's difficult, like Chalk & Cheese. Two special players - One special club.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 09, 2005 11:08 pm

A.B. wrote:100k a week? That's way too much imo, Gerrard is a good footballer and all but his performances this season aren't worth a 100k a week. The player he was last year is totaly different from the one he is this season, last year he was much more immense where as this season he's been a shadow in most games.

i`d rather give that money to a scouser who didnt do a `owen` and leave when even more money than that was awaiting him on a table in london, than give it to a big money replacement probably here for just the cash.
there`s not many players would have turned down the chelsea move, rooney even went to united, and stevie has shown something that is in short supply these days - loyalty.
some of the posters slagging him want to show some themselves to our best player for the past five seasons.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 09, 2005 11:26 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:I`d rather give that money to a scouser who didnt do a `owen` and leave when even more money than that was awaiting him on a table in london, than give it to a big money replacement probably here for just the cash.
there`s not many players would have turned down the chelsea move, rooney even went to united, and stevie has shown something that is in short supply these days - loyalty.
some of the posters slagging him want to show some themselves to our best player for the past five seasons.

Pretty much agee with this. Gerrard will get that kind of money wherever he plays his football next season but I still don't believe it is about the money. Gerrard nearly jumped to Chelsea coz he saw the players they had, the players they were buying and the fact they would win trophies.

He's still our captain, our player, and i wouldn't bet against him scoring the winning goal in Istanbul on the 25th.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon May 09, 2005 11:37 pm

i think that's more to do with temperament than ability to be honest stu. i've seen gerrard control games in the past. the problem he has is that at times he gets so pumped up by adrenaline that he tries too hard and his performance suffers. on the other hand, alonso just seems to ooze calm in every situation.

Garbage that mick an u know it.

He's never controlled a game against a good side apart from AS Roma.
115-1073096938

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue May 10, 2005 2:59 am

:veryangry
I'm suprised with some of the comment that compairing Alonso and SG and How much salary that SG getting before the Final.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Tue May 10, 2005 3:04 am

100k is a hell of a lot of money, I could be fine with 70k or even 80k but 100k?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:56 am

A.B. wrote:100k is a hell of a lot of money, I could be fine with 70k or even 80k but 100k?

If you think that Kewell is on 60 grand a week and that Beckham is on 120 a week i think it puts it all into perspective.
Gerrard is better than both of these so why shouldnt he be on 100 a week ?
66-1112520797

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 10, 2005 5:07 am

stmichael wrote:that's why chelsea are a cancer in our game. as soon as they offer the cash, everyone comes running. :angry:

everyone except Carra, he'd play for us for free.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue May 10, 2005 8:18 am

If you think that Kewell is on 60 grand a week and that Beckham is on 120 a week i think it puts it all into perspective. Gerrard is better than both of these so why shouldnt he be on 100 a week ?

Agree with you ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby onizukaeikichi » Tue May 10, 2005 10:06 am

glad this is happening, though i fancy the money if gerard actually goes , oh well YNWA
onizukaeikichi

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion