Gerrard to commit to lfc for life

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:54 pm

JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Sabre wrote:
lakes10 wrote:to add to my point in the S*n thread, the 2 starting post in this thread are from the S*N.

COPY AND PAST THEM INTO GOOGLE, and you will see.

Thanks for pointing out... I didn't know that.

I'll edit my post about this quotes until those are brought by another media.

Sabre i dont think you need to do that - Gerrard was prob speaking to an independant Journo who then sold the story on as opposed to Gerrard speaking directly to a s*n journo.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:01 pm

GYBS: Anything coming from the sun is unacceptable, even the quotes, you cannot consider them quotes.

But seeing that the good news come in the offa aswell, then it's happy days again.  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:03 pm

misleading headline because that says sign for life, but I don't see that in the quotes. Just wants an extension.
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 pm

"My relationship with Rafa has got stronger and stronger as time's gone by,"

This can be interpreted several ways

a) Rafa has the respect of Gerrard

b) Gerrard sees progress

c) Oh no, Stevie is yet another yes man.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 pm

JoeTerp wrote:misleading headline because that says sign for life, but I don't see that in the quotes. Just wants an extension.

An extension at this age almost means for life mate. Because at the end of the extension you're not normally in an age to be badly wanted by top clubs, and I don't see Gerrard ending his career in a lesser club.

When the extension ends, probably another one will be signed. It's great to see players coming from the youth ranks, and ending up in the same club.

Probably one of the things that makes me love football. It's beautiful that.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Sabre wrote:GYBS: Anything coming from the sun is unacceptable, even the quotes, you cannot consider them quotes.

But seeing that the good news come in the offa aswell, then it's happy days again.  :D

Sabre read the comments Lakes made about the s*n .

My uncle was one of the guys accused of some of the stuff in the S*n that day but now he just ignores it but understands that people will read it and he also has sky and understands the link to it - most of his anger is aimed towards that vile man of an editor at the time McKenzie.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Gerrard this year and spotted turning up for training aged 102.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:54 pm

lakes10 wrote:to add to my point in the S*n thread, the 2 starting post in this thread are from the S*N.

COPY AND PAST THEM INTO GOOGLE, and you will see.

It's on the officail site OK Mr 5 Live !

And isn't it great to see the support and praise for RAFAEL BENITEZ too.. take that  :talktothehand

Stevie happy and committed - what a fanstatic few weeks ay.. and he and Torres.. well they could almost be lovers ay.. they luv each other so much  :D

Long term deals planned for Stevie, Fernando our superstar, and Reina and Carra too ! Get in there  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Sabre wrote:
"My relationship with Rafa has got stronger and stronger as time's gone by,"

This can be interpreted several ways

a) Rafa has the respect of Gerrard

b) Gerrard sees progress

c) Oh no, Stevie is yet another yes man.

:D lol sabe - do u have to disect everything, let the dwindling antis do that :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:08 pm

zarababe wrote:he and Torres.. well they could almost be lovers ay.. they luv each other so much  :D

Source?

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Madmax » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:14 am

Gerrard for ever... Future manager aswel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 am

This is great news I must admit I was worring that every thing behind closed doors wasn't all it was ment to be.

But this is great it could be just the positive news we need now to push on to end of this season and really have a go at it.

Plus it just wouldn't be right for stevie G to be finishing his playing days any where else but at liverpool.

God bless you steven.  :bowdown
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:38 am

Sabre wrote:
“But now I’m playing in my favourite position, we’re winning games and I’m the captain of a team that’s capable of beating anyone.

“Maybe I was a bit selfish when I was younger. Perhaps I thought too much about myself when the boss was playing me out of position.

IMHO Gerrard is being too humble here. I don't think he was selfish when younger, I just think he was a top quality player that thought that in certain positions he could give more to the team.

But the manager showed him other options, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the player has answered with great football. Rafa only points out the way, but it's Gerrard who makes the magic happen.

I think this bit of quotes is important because I didn't know that Gerrard considered his current role his favourite.

Mate, playing alongside Fernando Torres, feeding off passes from Xabi Alonso should be everyone's favourite position! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:35 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Sabre wrote:
“But now I’m playing in my favourite position, we’re winning games and I’m the captain of a team that’s capable of beating anyone.

“Maybe I was a bit selfish when I was younger. Perhaps I thought too much about myself when the boss was playing me out of position.

IMHO Gerrard is being too humble here. I don't think he was selfish when younger, I just think he was a top quality player that thought that in certain positions he could give more to the team.

But the manager showed him other options, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the player has answered with great football. Rafa only points out the way, but it's Gerrard who makes the magic happen.

I think this bit of quotes is important because I didn't know that Gerrard considered his current role his favourite.

Mate, playing alongside Fernando Torres, feeding off passes from Xabi Alonso should be everyone's favourite position! :D

RobinHood6969

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion