Gerrard's hungry - He wants to win the premiership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:51 am

Gerrard wants the title

I know you'd be hard pushed to find a player who doesn't want the title, but he seems really hungry now. He want's Moureen to suffer and prove himself right in choosing to stay. What's more, this story looks like it's finally killed off all rumour about Stevie going anywhere, which means a summer of hopeful buying, rather than fearful selling. Gerrard is a legend: Fact.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:38 am

gerrard is in the all time top 5 for me. and it will be fantastic to see him lift the title.

number 19 aint far off  :buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby xd3vilx » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:37 pm

This season show that we can win if we want to...Next season...We are not going to lose without a fight...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:24 pm

ive got a really good feeling about next seaso. i say this every season but this time i mean it. i say that every season as well, but this time i REALLY mean it. we look good, and like gerrard is saying, we are looking hungry, and we are looking confident.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dmf » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:42 pm

At the start of every season i talk up our chances of winning the league to all my mates even if i dont really believe we can do it, wishful thinking i guess, but now as we come to the close of this season and we already look ahead to the next campaign i find those wishful thoughts replaced by genuine belief that we can win it. The legend of Stevie G will become even greater when he leads us to title number 19 and beyond
dmf

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:55 pm

Gerrard is very, very focused at the moment which is a scary proposition for all opponents!

Plus, the lad is clearly enjoying his football...I loved his sliding/arm waving/fist-pumping celebration after his 2nd yesterday.  Genuine, unbridled passion in front of the Kop, which embodies everything this club is all about!  :bowdown

Moreover, he's clearly put any bad feelings between himself and Rafa behind him, if recent comments are any indication.

All of this bodes so well for the future...walk on, Stevie!  :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby marcus.c » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:08 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Gerrard wants the title

I know you'd be hard pushed to find a player who doesn't want the title, but he seems really hungry now. He want's Moureen to suffer and prove himself right in choosing to stay. What's more, this story looks like it's finally killed off all rumour about Stevie going anywhere, which means a summer of hopeful buying, rather than fearful selling. Gerrard is a legend: Fact.

Now we know that Gerrard wants to win the EPL, so does every single player that dons on the Liverpool shirt. But the problem is how strong is Chelsea going to be come next season?

The scary thing is, we do not know. With all that money chelski has. They can bascially do anything they want. They can buy any world class players that can fit right into their first 11 immediately. They can build a world class youth academy and attract top notch unpolish talents from ALL over the world. And with a world class manager at the helm. It will be difficult to knock them down.

We are in need of fresh investment. We need the money in order to generate more money. Top priority is to find ourselves someone that can invest a huge amount of money.

Money wins trophy. That is a fact in football right now.

If we can get the money rolling in by next season. We will then be seriously challanging cheski for the title. Otherwise, we will just be fighting for the second spot.
marcus.c

Postby sendô WHU » Tue May 02, 2006 2:41 pm

Question for all you liverpool fans - what do you all think of Gerrard playing the attacking midfield type role for England that Rooney was playing, with him behind say Owen or even Crouch? Have heard that he prefers this role? Could work well with someone like Carrick sitting back in midfield to allow Lampard to get forward?
sendô WHU

Postby red37 » Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm

sendô WHU wrote:Question for all you liverpool fans - what do you all think of Gerrard playing the attacking midfield type role for England that Rooney was playing, with him behind say Owen or even Crouch? Have heard that he prefers this role? Could work well with someone like Carrick sitting back in midfield to allow Lampard to get forward?

sounds good to me. gerrard will rape 'em.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Houllier=LFC » Wed May 03, 2006 6:37 am

Gerrard is a much better attacking midfield than Lampard, just that Lampard sucks at his defensive play which is why Gerrard is always picked for the defensive role.
Houllier=LFC

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:45 am

Gerrard's good enough to play wherever he wants, and if he was called on to do the job of Rooney, he'd be better than competant. But in central midfield, or on the right, he is top class so he should be in the middle rather than helping owen out, which should be the job of Crouch, Bent, Defoe or whoever comes in.

I still love reading that article. No. 19 seems closer than ever and I can almost taste the champagne I'm gonna pop if we win. Real inspiring words.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Wed May 03, 2006 8:27 am

you are one of the best mids in the world, you are young and hungry, you already had many medals in your cabinets
you want what having not been achieved

he wants EPL's glory
far from sounding too much
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Wed May 03, 2006 11:44 am

sendô WHU wrote:Question for all you liverpool fans - what do you all think of Gerrard playing the attacking midfield type role for England that Rooney was playing, with him behind say Owen or even Crouch? Have heard that he prefers this role? Could work well with someone like Carrick sitting back in midfield to allow Lampard to get forward?

he could do it but in my honest opinion England will not do well as the manager is weak. The fact he is leaving might help you as he wont be afraid of the press. England should pick the best players for the system that suits them even if it means leaving someone out.  Personally I would leave out Lampard and put Carrick in there and leave Beckham on the right, Cole on the left and Gerrard in the middle.

Whoever replaces Rooney is on a hiding to nothing as well
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouse cockny » Wed May 03, 2006 12:29 pm

probably not popular but I would see joe cole take on rooneys role as I think we need stevie holding our midfield together especially when we play in the later stages against the likes of ronaldinhio maybe
scouse cockny

Postby Mark 23 » Fri May 05, 2006 10:26 am

Doesn't matter we won't win it anyway
Mark 23

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion