Gerrard - Pure love

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:43 am

look at this and tell me he doesnt love this club

112-1077774096

Postby L-type » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:09 am

the reason you're not getting any response is cus he does !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:24 am

FANTASTIC WE WON AT ANFIELD but really theres still work to so at the Champions league.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:54 am

peewee wrote:look at this and tell me he doesnt love this club

Well he's got it in his head since he new that Michael was going, that he ought to too.

I love the guy and when he does stuff like what happened last night, it justifies our stance in retaining him for the long run.

But what do you do when the player has it in his head that he wants to leave sooner than later, you cant keep the inevitable from happening. We never thought that Michael will leave, and he did. Hope we are thinking with our heads not our hearts.
the-stinger

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:18 am

It was a touch worrying in the post-match interview when Stevie gave the impression that we need to gate-crash the Championship race pretty sharpish to keep him happy and motivated. I thought it was all about the Champions League? ???
Lets assume we win our next ten Premiership games, Chelsea and the Ars drop ten points during that period putting us right in there. What then? Jamie Carragher has to pen a Eurovision winner, Henchoz's missus has to win Miss World and Diouf has to go on I'm a Celebrity and be crowned king of the jungle? Best we give Ant and Dec a ring.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:41 am

My worries precisely...remember Owen with his "terms"? Champions League et al, and he still walk away in the end and he are left high and dry. Like I said previously, let's cherish every moment Gerrard is playing for us...what will be this summer will be.
Anyone here knows when Stevie decided to stay on this past summer, was there a terms written into his contract that he can leave if certain conditions are met (or not met)? eg, if a £30M offer comes in...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:03 am

And boy cant we pick up four or five really decent plaeyers with that money and really challenge for the title, more so with a one-man team with Gerrard. I love him to bits the boy, but geez, we could use the money. Sad to see him leave at all, let alone in the Summer.
the-stinger

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:27 am

bigmick wrote:It was a touch worrying in the post-match interview when Stevie gave the impression that we need to gate-crash the Championship race pretty sharpish to keep him happy and motivated. I thought it was all about the Champions League? ???
Lets assume we win our next ten Premiership games, Chelsea and the Ars drop ten points during that period putting us right in there. What then? Jamie Carragher has to pen a Eurovision winner, Henchoz's missus has to win Miss World and Diouf has to go on I'm a Celebrity and be crowned king of the jungle? Best we give Ant and Dec a ring.

Totally true Mick what was that all about ???
We had just won a fantastic game, then he says he wants to win the prem :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:29 am

the-stinger wrote:But what do you do when the player has it in his head that he wants to leave sooner than later, you cant keep the inevitable from happening. We never thought that Michael will leave, and he did. Hope we are thinking with our heads not our hearts.

the difference is though, MO wasn't a boyhood fan of LFC, and Gerrard grew up in Liverpool so it  is home to him, it would be very difficult to leave as he is a true scouser and  loves the club.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:32 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
bigmick wrote:It was a touch worrying in the post-match interview when Stevie gave the impression that we need to gate-crash the Championship race pretty sharpish to keep him happy and motivated. I thought it was all about the Champions League? ???

like we all do, I don't see much wrong with what he is saying.

although the difference is we will still be here if we don't win the league in the next 5 seaons or so, Stevie G won't be - but we are amking progress under Rafa and Stevie knows that and i am sure wants to be a part of it.

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:35 am

LFC #1 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

like we all do, I don't see much wrong with what he is saying.

although the difference is we will still be here if we don't win the league in the next 5 seaons or so, Stevie G won't be - but we are amking progress under Rafa and Stevie knows that and i am sure wants to be a part of it.

I know we all do scott, did you see the interview?
He said I duno, I wana win the prem so dunno like ???
It wasnt the time nor place to say that.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:37 am

didn't see it, sounds a bit suspect - was a question raised about it or what?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:40 am

My mind has changed over Gerrard.

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt concerning the rumours as I absolutely love Gerrard, but the captain of Liverpool giving the club an ultimation 24 hours before their biggest game of the season is disgraceful.

His performance prior to him scoring the goal was below par and petulant. His studs into the Greek player could have got him sent off was as it was wild and indisciplined in the extreme and we wouldn't have gone through.

Yes, he celebrated wildly with fans after he scored his sensational goal, which I thought was a bit rich after his (paraphrased) "If I leave Liverpool some fans will accept it and understand and some will hate me forever for it, but thats football and they'll get over it".

I love Gerrard and he would be a huge loss to the team and a body blow to the club's morale, but he's acting like a spoiled brat at the moment and I honestly think he should have been stripped of his captaincy for his threats and ultimations. That won't happen as the club are bending backwards to placate him and keep it happy.

The club were also too keen to please Steve McMannaman and Michael Owen, and I now guarantee that the same will happen with Gerrard.

We are now entering the long drawn out endgame with Gerrard which will last to next summer when he'll leave.

:angry:  :angry:
Last edited by JBG on Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Big Niall » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:48 am

Good player but I am fed up with him whining to the press like a spoilt child. A captain should do that and not base his career on the result of one match. If he wants to go fine, we'll get a load of money for him and improve the team.

Older fans (not me) will remember the fear when Keegan left and then they got some scottish lad, who nobody could understand, to wear number 7.

He should stay and shut up or say he wants to go. "player power" really pisses off. If he leaves LFC will continue without breaking stride.

Again - I hope he stays.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:48 am

OOps, I meant " a captain should NOT do that"
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion