Gerrard on tv - Christ ,i'm worried again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
bigmick wrote:I actually think Friday is too soon to sign. I would be more inclined to say to him, "go away and think about it for a week. When you get back, if you STILL want to sign then we'll get it on." TBPH the issue foe me is not only whether we get to keep him, it's what level of player we get to keep. I thought he was very poor in a lot of games last season. Would we in all honesty have been worse off, aside from maybe half a dozen performances,

Some fair points made there Big Mick ,I guess it all comes down to how we as individuals rate him .

Some of his performances in some games were certainly below par for a player of his supposed stature . Gerrard did hold his hand up after Istanbul and acknowledged that he needs to be more focused and up his game in the forthcoming season.

Liverpool isn't a one man team by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think we would have won the CL without him .Thats only my opinion I know but no amount of debate will change it. Gerrard is an immense player and I'm delighted he's staying .
I believe he actually can't wait to have the whole saga sorted so he can unload the weight of what for him is a life shaping decision and finally stop thinking about it , but until that contract is signed he is still vulnerable to the influence of the sharks that surround him.
Thats why my attitude is get it signed , now !

i am 100% with you woof, nice one.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:05 pm

Jus watched his interview on skysports news.He seems tired but a think he really wants to stay especially the bit where he said a want to play for this club for the next 10 years. :D
And Rafa's been saying he wants Stevie as the next manager,canae think of any1 else even after evrythings thats happend. :)
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:11 am

ive watched the gerrard interview about ten times now and i honestly think he might have suffered a nervous breakdown of some kind, that just was not normal behaviour, friday is to long away for me.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:38 am

matrix wrote:ive watched the gerrard interview about ten times now and i honestly think he might have suffered a nervous breakdown of some kind, that just was not normal behaviour, friday is to long away for me.

youve put a doubt in my mind again now! i hope he doesnt turn round again and say he wants to leave now! he would be murdered by the fans. i doubt that could happen though i fully expect gerrard to sign friday
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:46 am

Christ i dont care anymore,  do we have now go through yet another endless BS of look at his body language, look way he shooks hands with Maureen after the game blah blah
This is the sort of player bigger then club :censored: which is why some people think we are better off without him.
He saying staying and hopefully we will see a far more committed player in a red shirt, now lets get on with seeing who the other  new signings are
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:55 am

It's a 2 year extension until 2009, with NO release clause.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:58 am

alonso_14 sorry for getting you worried but he seamed like he has been to hell and just got back, but come friday i have no doubts he will sign, and with no clauses in the contract it tells me that gerrard is confident that liverpool have a team to challenge for everything next season finishing in the top 4 should be a formality in his eyes, 2 or 3 more players and we will have a verry healthy squad indeed     i havent been this excited for years.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:59 am

now i just want all this to end hes commited his career to liverpool now all the media cans top with the rumors and all of us can stop worrying abot his future, looking at his body language, wondering if hes happy or not and now gerrard can just get on with his football here without anything on his mind and he can play to his best.

i cans see it happening that next season gerrard wont play well in 1 game and people on here will be saying hes not commited to the club, he looks unhappy etc.
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:02 am

matrix wrote:alonso_14 sorry for getting you worried but he seamed like he has been to hell and just got back, but come friday i have no doubts he will sign, and with no clauses in the contract it tells me that gerrard is confident that liverpool have a team to challenge for everything next season finishing in the top 4 should be a formality in his eyes, 2 or 3 more players and we will have a verry healthy squad indeed     i havent been this excited for years.

yeah im sure he will be signing that contract on friday and he will stay here for the rest of his career now but theres still that small chance that he wont but thats very unlikely after today and i believe all this will be over friday.

i want to see what players rafa will be bringing in this week like he said he was now
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:18 am

ALONSO_14 wrote:what is the length of the contract being signed by gerrard on friday? it is being mostly said its a 2 year extension to keep him here til 2009 but then there are people all around saying differently saying 5 years, 6 years, 10 years, for life. which one is correct

Yeah it's petty confusing , most reports say , "he's signing a four year contract on top of the two years left in his existing contract,that will keep him at the club until 2009 "

???  2+4=6 + 2005=2011  .

Maybe Lando is right and it's only a two year extension which gives a four year contract keeping him here until 2009,when Stevie will be 29 and still a very valuable commodity in transfer terms .

Hope we're not gonna be revisiting this issue in 2007/8 .

:wwww   :no   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:26 am

skysports:

Steven Gerrard is ready to improve his relationship with Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez after pledging to stay at Anfield.

The Reds captain performed a staggering U-turn on Wednesday after deciding to remain loyal to his boyhood club after 24 hours earlier declaring a desire to leave.

Reports of a bust-up with Benitez, along with his contract situation, were put forward as a reason for Gerrard's desire to quit the European champions.

Gerrard concedes there have been 'heated discussions' with Benitez during the past week and he is aiming to work closer with the Spanish tactician now his future has been resolved.

"All the talk of bust-ups is nonsense," Gerrard told the Daily Express.

"We have had a few heated discussions over the last five or six days but my respect for Rafa Benitez has not changed.

"He is one of the best coaches in the world and I understand that he rates me as a player.

"Our relationship is okay but I admit it could be better and that is something I am going to work on.

"I spoke to him in the morning and I am sure we will sit down in the next few days for a chat."

Meanwhile, Gerrard's midfield cohort Xabi Alonso admits there is a sense of relief that the Reds skipper is staying with the club.

Alonso said: "It is great news for everyone in Liverpool.

"Steve is everything, a symbol for the team and although nobody is indispensable we would have started the new campaign on the wrong foot.

"Gerrard is wanted by all and I do not believe that it was a question of money for all those involved.

"These last few days the team did not train with the same joy but now I have noticed the spirit is back."
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:26 am

I am glad the lad's staying. He's our captain, and lets get behind him.

But clearly players are very spoilt these days. He didnt think the club wanted him and when the club showed it did he changed his mind.

There's probably a wee bit of truth to it anyway. I'm not sure Rafa rates Gerrard over Alonso. And 32m buys you a lot of fresh talent.
tel

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:36 am

No its a four year deal on top of the 2 years left running, so 6 years all together, but he has to be straight with reporters and the media, next time they mention, erm you know what.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:39 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:No its a four year deal on top of the 2 years left running, so 6 years all together,

So he's ours until 2011 and we don't have to start worrying again until 2009 ?

I'm happy with that.

:)
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:43 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:No its a four year deal on top of the 2 years left running, so 6 years all together, but he has to be straight with reporters and the media, next time they mention, erm you know what.

you sure about that? it says everywhere ive looked that its a 2yr extension to keep him til 2009. where did you hear that?
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion