Gerrard - looks like he's learnt from last year - Think he's really off this time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:03 am

JohnBull wrote:How you can describe Baros as good  but feel a bit shady over Garcia is beyond me

Your using the present tense JB, as the season progressed I began to revise my opinion and by the end of it was delighted we had the guy. As for Baros ,yeah I know he's been a "headless" chicken in loads of games but the fella is a good player ,thats not to suggest I'm happy with him playing for us .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:15 am

The problem with Baros is that the boy is just plain THICK. Do yourself a favour and get down to the Baby Blue or The living Room or where ever the dumb bugger is and watch him. It's not his fault but he is as dumb a footballer as I've ever seen.
On the pitch he is a pass magnet the ball will go to him time after time, he gets it and hasn't got a bloody clue what to do with it. You may aswell just count it as losing the ball in the middle third while attacking. The biggest sin in football !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:21 am

Ive just got off the phone from someone and its likely he's staying.

heard the same here ciggy....apparently Stevie is bowled over by what Rafa has said and going home to mull it all over tonight.....great news is, SFX were not at the meeting with Parry and Rafa!  :)
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but I think I have a precedent of SFX doing this before.

Sometime in the 2002/03 season....or in the close season after it, Liverpool attempted to get Michael Owen to enter into contract talks. SFX were Owen's advisors. Owen did not want to be rushed into the talks. He spoke in general terms of wanting to stay with Liverpool but I think he had a few doubts and considered in general terms the idea of playing abroad. However, I do think that Owen was swaying more to staying at Liverpool than going.

People might remember this at the time. Steven Gerrard had signed a new contract the previous November and he was urging Owen to do the same in the spring of 2003, despite Liverpool's poor form. However, Owen did not want to be rushed into doing anything, although he did reassure Liverpool that he would not walk out on a Bosman.

Then, out of the blue, SFX announced that Owen was considering leaving Liverpool and he would not sign a new contract. I know in hindsight this is what eventually happened, but this particular incident occured a full YEAR before Owen eventually left. Owen was outraged, and he sacked SFX, claiming that they had no authority to make the statement, and instead he appointed his dad Terry as his advisor.

I might be wrong with the dates but SFX definitely put a foot wrong with Owen that time.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:18 pm

These blood-sucking leeches are actually damaging the sports, slowly but surely. All season long all they did was to unsettle clubs and players hoping that a big money move will further lined their pockets.

Now I got bad vibes about Gerrard. If he wants to go it is easy enough to put in a transfer request and live with the consequences, not hiding behind the curtain and pointing fingers so he can leave and be seen as a victim. You don't need any more reason Stevie...first you want to play in the Champions League...we got there. Then you want to win things...we won the big one that the likes of Chelsea can only dream of. Then you want an improvement offer...that was tabled. So now it is your worries that your big wages will swallow up most of the club's budget and we won't be able to sign new players and challange for titles...well the club can't win can he? I live in hope that there will be another U-turn but I am not holding my breath. The club has been bitten by two local lads previously, so if we were to cash in on Stevie, so be it! Me I am :censored: off with all these circus acts just for one player (however good he may be) :angry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:27 pm

agree there JBG....Owen might have stayed, but it wasn't worth the risk and, despite his promise of not to leave on a free, Liverpool wern't prepared to chance it.  Personally I think Owen would have still left...probably in the Jan window for even less.

Gerrard must decide this all for himself and not allow SFX to take over and destroy his Liverpool career.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:17 pm

latest odds people, not looking happy for me

Win Odds Options

2005-08-13 15:00:00

Chelsea 8/11   
Liverpool 5/4   
Real Madrid 6/1   
Barcelona 33/1   
Man Utd 33/1   
A C Milan 66/1   
Inter Milan 66/1   
Juventus 66/1
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:07 pm

7_Kewell wrote:agree there JBG....Owen might have stayed, but it wasn't worth the risk and, despite his promise of not to leave on a free, Liverpool wern't prepared to chance it.  Personally I think Owen would have still left...probably in the Jan window for even less.

Gerrard must decide this all for himself and not allow SFX to take over and destroy his Liverpool career.

Owen should have stayed, there was that risk of losing him on a free but the extra goals he would have brought us and if we'd won the CL just the same we could have a fantastic title challenging side this season with both likely to stay
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion