Gerrard linked with

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:54 pm

LIVERPOOL HOORAYYYYYYYYYYY :D
Sh#t new of the world are reporting hes considering a 5 year contract worth 26million from liverpool, considering kewells getting 67 grand a week for f@ck all I say give the rest to Stevie, Carra and Warnock :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:06 pm

yes i was at the england game and was lucky to be sittil with a few ex liverpool players , they felt that he will stay at the club and also that owen will be coiming back to the uk very soon and that if we pay 26m to stevie then we might not be able to offer the same to owen and that he could end up at newcastle
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:07 pm

26 million? :O  :O  :O

that's around £100k a week if i'm not mistaken. ???

put that in ya pipe and smoke it chelski :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:09 pm

stmichael wrote:26 million? :O  :O  :O

that's around £100k a week if i'm not mistaken. ???

put that in ya pipe and smoke it chelski :p

Better to keep him and pay him that, he cost us nothing and chelsea would pay 30 mill for him, and we cant go out and buy players worth 30 million can we?
Ruud, Rio, Rooney?90 million nearly on 3 players.
if we want to be competeing with the top 3 we need players worth 30 million in our team.
no doubt Xabi Alonso is worth in the region of 20/25 million.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:21 pm

lakes10 wrote:yes i was at the england game and was lucky to be sittil with a few ex liverpool players , they felt that he will stay at the club and also that owen will be coiming back to the uk very soon and that if we pay 26m to stevie then we might not be able to offer the same to owen and that he could end up at newcastle

owen to newcastle? ???

what's he done to deserve that? :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:31 pm

stmichael wrote:
lakes10 wrote:yes i was at the england game and was lucky to be sittil with a few ex liverpool players , they felt that he will stay at the club and also that owen will be coiming back to the uk very soon and that if we pay 26m to stevie then we might not be able to offer the same to owen and that he could end up at newcastle

owen to newcastle? ???

:D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:35 pm

He won't go to Newcastle. They seem to be turning into the new (or is that old) Chelsea, where old pros go to live out one last big contract before retiring. Look at Paddy Kluivert.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:47 pm

stmichael wrote:

owen to newcastle? ???

pmsl  :D
well lets look at it this way it must be better than going to spurs lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:49 pm

owen to newcastle... the irony in that has me in hysterics.

he went to real madrid cos he thought we were holding him back (same way stevie g is being told)... he's gna return to EPL to a team lucky to finish in top half of table.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby A.B. » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:59 pm

if we want to be competeing with the top 3 we need players worth 30 million in our team.

So thats the requirment now to be a succesful team? Porto's players had big price tags after the Champions League win however they hardly had 30 million worht players on their squad but they won the CL anyways.

Money is not the key to success, hard work is. Rafa didn't have great amount of funds at Valencia and he won the La Liga despite the fact that he was competing against Barca and Real Madrid, two sides who can buy any player they want.

How much did Arsenal pay for Vieira? 1 million pounds to be exact, only now he is valued 20 million pounds. The players Wenger bought were no where near 30 million mark but they have reached that price now.

My point is that we don't necesseraly need to spend 50 million on a player, there are plenty of good players valued less than 30 million.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:56 pm

AB: My point is that we don't necesseraly need to spend 50 million on a player, there are plenty of good players valued less than 30 million

That is so true and what we need is good scouts to find them as you said , they are out there
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:07 pm

A.B. wrote:How much did Arsenal pay for Vieira? 1 million pounds to be exact.

I'm pretty sure that it was 4 Million.

And don't forget he was at AC Milan. People talk as if he was an absolute nobody, he was already a talented youngster who had secured a move to one of the biggest clubs in the world, and still commanded a fee of 4 MIL (reasonably big at that time) even though he was hardly playing.

But I do recognise that Wenger helped him come to a completely new level.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:11 pm

people need to also remember that wenger brought anelka for £500,000 and sold him for £24m, and also got somwhere near £50m for overmars and petit combined. they have always sold extremely well.

on the other hand, i can't remember the last player we sold for a profit. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:16 pm

people need to also remember that wenger brought anelka for £500,000 and sold him for £24m, and also got somwhere near £50m for overmars and petit combined. they have always sold extremely well.

on the other hand, i can't remember the last player we sold for a profit

Anelka was a £22m sale.

Petit and Overmars left for a combined fee of £25m. Overmars was signed for £7m, Petit £2.75m and Vieira was signed for £3.5m from AC Milan.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:21 pm

A.B. wrote:

So thats the requirment now to be a succesful team? Porto's players had big price tags after the Champions League win however they hardly had 30 million worht players on their squad but they won the CL anyways.

Money is not the key to success, hard work is. Rafa didn't have great amount of funds at Valencia and he won the La Liga despite the fact that he was competing against Barca and Real Madrid, two sides who can buy any player they want.

How much did Arsenal pay for Vieira? 1 million pounds to be exact, only now he is valued 20 million pounds. The players Wenger bought were no where near 30 million mark but they have reached that price now.

My point is that we don't necesseraly need to spend 50 million on a player, there are plenty of good players valued less than 30 million.

Your missing my point A.B. if we are to compete with Chelsea, manure and Arsenal we need players worth 20-30 million in our team thats it.  The prem is not La Liga nor is it the Bundesliga, we want to win the premiership and to do so you need players that cost vasts amount of money and you also need 3-4 english players in that team.
Look how poor arsenal have been this season ??? Sol Campell injured for most part Ashley Cole going to Chelsea hearts not at Highbury anymore.
Rooney, neville, ferdinand these players are backbone of teams in the prem.
We know how much we failed with Houlliers buys new Zidanes etc :Oo: .
liverpool may just need 2 more english players SWP, gerrard, carra, Upson. then have other imports around them.  I am only talking about the premiership here not europe cause we do well there anyway.  But the years are going further and further away from us and we need to catch up very soon starting with next season I atleast would like to see us in the top 3 come 2006.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion