Gerrard linked with

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:16 am

our missing my point A.B. if we are to compete with Chelsea, manure and Arsenal we need players worth 20-30 million in our team thats it.  The prem is not La Liga nor is it the Bundesliga, we want to win the premiership and to do so you need players that cost vasts amount of money and you also need 3-4 english players in that team.
Look how poor arsenal have been this season ??? Sol Campell injured for most part Ashley Cole going to Chelsea hearts not at Highbury anymore.
Rooney, neville, ferdinand these players are backbone of teams in the prem.
We know how much we failed with Houlliers buys new Zidanes etc :Oo: .
liverpool may just need 2 more english players SWP, gerrard, carra, Upson. then have other imports around them.  I am only talking about the premiership here not europe cause we do well there anyway.  But the years are going further and further away from us and we need to catch up very soon starting with next season I atleast would like to see us in the top 3 come 2006.

So you want us to take even more risks and buy players for 30 million, and if they fail then what? Should we go out there and buy player for 27 million or so like Man Utd did with Veron only to sell him a year or so later?

Does a big price gurantee success? I don't think so. World Class players don't have to be worth 30 million pounds, Morientes certainly wasn't worth that much neither was Alonso.

You can buy good players for under less than that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:17 am

A.B. wrote:
our missing my point A.B. if we are to compete with Chelsea, manure and Arsenal we need players worth 20-30 million in our team thats it.  The prem is not La Liga nor is it the Bundesliga, we want to win the premiership and to do so you need players that cost vasts amount of money and you also need 3-4 english players in that team.
Look how poor arsenal have been this season ??? Sol Campell injured for most part Ashley Cole going to Chelsea hearts not at Highbury anymore.
Rooney, neville, ferdinand these players are backbone of teams in the prem.
We know how much we failed with Houlliers buys new Zidanes etc :Oo: .
liverpool may just need 2 more english players SWP, gerrard, carra, Upson. then have other imports around them.  I am only talking about the premiership here not europe cause we do well there anyway.  But the years are going further and further away from us and we need to catch up very soon starting with next season I atleast would like to see us in the top 3 come 2006.

So you want us to take even more risks and buy players for 30 million, and if they fail then what? Should we go out there and buy player for 27 million or so like Man Utd did with Veron only to sell him a year or so later?

Does a big price gurantee success? I don't think so. World Class players don't have to be worth 30 million pounds, Morientes certainly wasn't worth that much neither was Alonso.

You can buy good players for under less than that.

Chill A.B. :cool: I might get ya an easter egg lar :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:35 am

Lar!!! We're all scousers!!!!

It's quite clear we don't need to buy big to get the best. Nowhere near £30mil anyway. Next season is gonna be about cuttin the wheat from the chaff, we arn't gonna win the league next season, but if Rafa can make a significant step forward in the squad we've got, i'll be happy with that.

We're gonna need TO BUY a Centre Back, a Forward (cause Baros will go, wether we like it or not) n a  Left Mid (Kewell's goin, I believe). The rest will come thru the ranks. We ain't gonna have £30mil, so who can we get? ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:41 am

Feeney wrote:Lar!!! We're all scousers!!!!

It's quite clear we don't need to buy big to get the best. Nowhere near £30mil anyway. Next season is gonna be about cuttin the wheat from the chaff, we arn't gonna win the league next season, but if Rafa can make a significant step forward in the squad we've got, i'll be happy with that.

We're gonna need TO BUY a Centre Back, a Forward (cause Baros will go, wether we like it or not) n a  Left Mid (Kewell's goin, I believe). The rest will come thru the ranks. We ain't gonna have £30mil, so who can we get? ???

i dont think we need a major overhaul, just everyone fit would do.
the defence isnt as bad as its made out to be, and if baros did go then rather than bringing in a few inexpensive signings just break the bank and go for owen.
if gerrard stays and with the likes of morientes being here i`d think he`d come back.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Feeney » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:48 am

Owen's pride will mean he will never come back. It will be deemed as a failure in his mind. Regardless if we have first option or not, he won't allow it.

I agree, the defence ain't as bad (built, majority no home nations players, once Jersy goes, I might add), but we really need to strengthen al round. ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:00 am

say we sold baros (i dont particulary want to but i dont think benitez likes his attitude) and then maybe gathered a few quid from offloading the likes of diouf etc and adding a few quid to the total maybe we could try and get torres from athletico?
maybe he`d fancy having a go over here and unlike reyes he`d have plenty of spaniards to help him settle.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:20 am

Chill A.B. :cool: I might get ya an easter egg lar

I've had plenty :D a bit too full now.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:25 am

Well thats good news i wonder if the  league cup own goal conspriacy theorist s have read it :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpool_4_life » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:40 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:LIVERPOOL HOORAYYYYYYYYYYY :D
Sh#t new of the world are reporting hes considering a 5 year contract worth 26million from liverpool, considering kewells getting 67 grand a week for f@ck all I say give the rest to Stevie, Carra and Warnock :cool:

have you got the article?? because i cant find f'ck all about this anywere
liverpool_4_life

Postby Iceman69 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:55 am

'well  considering we are  a long way behind! and LFC are 20 miliion in debt! where are LFC gonna find the funds to pocket his  40K rise a week in psy psckets? ???? ???? ??????b
Iceman69

Postby liverpool_4_life » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:00 am

Iceman69 wrote:'well  considering we are  a long way behind! and LFC are 20 miliion in debt! where are LFC gonna find the funds to pocket his  40K rise a week in psy psckets? ???? ???? ??????b

20 mill debt? you on drubs? we had a 20 million loss for last season (change of managment and all that) we are NOT 20 mill in debt!!!! were do you think we are getting the money for the new stadium from? thin air?....
liverpool_4_life

Postby A.B. » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:52 am

Iceman you should check your facts mate, if we were 20 million in debt how the hell would be able to buy Morientes,Alonso,Garcia,Josemi and Carson?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MSj. » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:24 am

liverpool_4_life wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:LIVERPOOL HOORAYYYYYYYYYYY :D
Sh#t new of the world are reporting hes considering a 5 year contract worth 26million from liverpool, considering kewells getting 67 grand a week for f@ck all I say give the rest to Stevie, Carra and Warnock :cool:

have you got the article?? because i cant find f'ck all about this anywere

Here is a link to a simular article
MSj.

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:00 am

No I have heard with have £20million of debt as well
And Arsenal had £50million prior to the sale of sites surplus to the development of their new stadium.

As for the money for the stadium, we dont have the money at the moment.  Thats why we were considering selling the naming rights to the new stadium...
Dont you remember this conversation from around christmas i think it was??? ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby the return of HAS » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:11 pm

stmichael wrote:people need to also remember that wenger brought anelka for £500,000 and sold him for £24m, and also got somwhere near £50m for overmars and petit combined. they have always sold extremely well.

on the other hand, i can't remember the last player we sold for a profit. :(

People should also remember that Wenger has had some bad signings too:

Francis Jeffers - 8 Million, hardly played, recouped about 2.5MIL

Richard Wright - 6.5 Mil, hardly played, recouped about 3.5 Mil.

Van Bronkhorst- 8.5 Mil, probably played about 40-50 times,  Fee was undisclosed but was reported to be under 4 Mil.

Lauren - 7.5 Mil, though he has given them good service would you really pay that much for an average right back, I think Wenger realised that he wasn't that good a central midfielder so turned him into a right back.

Wiltord - 13 Mil, he gave very good service to Arsenal, but I don't think he was worth that much, they probably should have played closer to 7 Mil.

Diawara - 3.5 Mil, hardly played, sold 6 months later, but they got their money back.

Cygan – 3 Mil, has never really performed and looks set to leave on the cheap.

Pennent - 2 Mil, talented but never given the chance to prove himself on the pitch, looks as though they will make a profit though.

Reyes - 17 Mil, has done O.K but not brilliant, but they paid over the odds, and he is now making noises about going home.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion