Gerrard is going to madrid 37m. - He is not seeing eye to eye with rafa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:49 am

So they're going to pay £35million plus to sign a play for cover... even chelsea wouldnt do that... would they?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:51 am

Starbridge42 wrote:So they're going to pay £35million plus to sign a play for cover... even chelsea wouldnt do that... would they?

They would pay 40. Yes, For 1. to make us weaker and for 2. cause they can.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:09 am

but the idea of spending £40 million on a cover player it... it.... it just boggles the mind.  The fact they payed £10million for a player they played in only a handful of meaningless fixtures (parker) was bad enough but £40million for a cover player.... its just.... not right! :blues:
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby laza » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:40 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
laza wrote:"If Liverpool dont start winning im off talk " has taken some of the shine off my extremely biased Liverpool red coloured glasses in regards to him

True Laza very true :( But our weeks gone from bad to worse if he goes by the end of the month, no Xabi no Gerrard we have no chance in the champions league.
I think some people have it wrong also there is still a 99% chance he will go to chelsea. Lampards played nearly every game for them this season, and they need cover for him.

Well i cant see him going before end of the season Cisse
It was all sweet before Christmas especially with 9 points out of 12. Now one bad week everything is doom and gloom and the SG going rumours are out again in force and frankly they are doing my head in.
While im gutted about results especially the FA cup it should be remembered that our main rivals for the fourth spot havent had such a good run in recent times either so im not saying goodbye to that CL spot just yet :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:13 am

Is there a proper source to this or is everybody relying on Welsh Wizzard?  :;):
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:17 am

we're jsut kinda relying on him.  I havent actually seen ne thing that supports it (circumstantial evidence aside) so yeah im just taking his word for it.
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:41 am

37m buys us 3 world class players.

Central defender (Ayala), central midfielder (Baraja), and Aimar.

Gee, they all come from the same club.

No longer need to the get cheapies from Spain like Pellegrino and Josemi.

Put Ballack and Malbranque in there, and we've got a championship team.

And there'd be change left over.
tel

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:48 am

tel wrote:37m buys us 3 world class players.

Central defender (Ayala), central midfielder (Baraja), and Aimar.

Gee, they all come from the same club.

No longer need to the get cheapies from Spain like Pellegrino and Josemi.

Put Ballack and Malbranque in there, and we've got a championship team.

And there'd be change left over.

??? Why would Raniari let 3 of his best players go?
We might get Aimar but cant see us getting Baraja and Ayala.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:54 am

I'd settle for Aimar, Ballack and a good, strong centre half. If we can't get Ayala, we should go for someone like Lucio, Juan or Mexes.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:59 am

Will we miss him ? Like some of us have been talking about Owen to come back ???
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:29 am

If we are relying on Welsh Wizzard then this entire thread is absolutely pointless and we've discussed and arguement this point to death many times before.

I'm not saying Welsh Wizzard is right and I'm not saying its wrong, but if he's using the old "reliable source within the club" routine  :D  then the whole thread is fairly pointless.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redtribe » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:30 am

I would like to get some english players if all this did happen and we ended up getting 40mill for SG!
Obvioulsy cover would be needed to come in for stevie! But we could also look at good english players like SWP and King!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:49 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:If we are relying on Welsh Wizzard then this entire thread is absolutely pointless and we've discussed and arguement this point to death many times before.

I'm not saying Welsh Wizzard is right and I'm not saying its wrong, but if he's using the old "reliable source within the club" routine  :D  then the whole thread is fairly pointless.

my thoughts exactly. There seems to be an automatic assumption that gerrard is leaving after every defeat we suffer.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:52 am

JBG is right of course, rumours without source are like fish without chips. (Mick takes a deep breath....)
However :D, as our magician from the valleys has been either a good guesser or privvy to info in the past I'll say this, 37 million (pounds) would be a sensible opening offer. I don't share other posters reluctance to sell him to Chelski, let he who has the deepest pockets and the longest arms bring his bounty to the table. Their moneys as good as anybody else's in my view. Besides, we might as well get a decent portion of it before the Ruski gets a tug and it all goes pearshaped.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:03 pm

Abramovich's money is fairly safe, if BBC2's documentary last week is to be believed. He's a major bedfellow of President Putin.

Before Christmas it would have broken my heart if Gerrard were to go, but since then I have realised that as good as he is, he is slightly over rated, and his comments in December were not that befitting a Liverpool player, let alone captain.

In my mind he's not in our squad next season, but we'll get over it.

However, we have all discussed this to death, and unless there is word of an official bid, is there any point in going over old ground?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion