Gerrard - Football365

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:48 am

i just found this letter on fotball365

Stevie G: 'He's All Smoke And Mirrors'
Monday December 06 2004

Time To Sell Stevie G?
I am a Liverpool fan, and sick to death of the beautification of Steven Gerrard. Having watched most home games for the last eight years, he is a very impressive player, no doubt, but he's not that good...yet.

This is a typical example of the press in this country picking up on a promising English player and over-hyping them beyond all reasonable levels. How many of the 'next Michael Owens' or the 'next Robbie Fowlers' came out of Goodison - Branch, Jeffers, Cadamarteri,  etc.? Finally they got it right with Rooney, but only after five or six failed sightings of similar 'talents'.

Take the Villa game for example. All the papers I read nearly wet themselves at Gerrard's 'massive' performance, and made him Man Of The Match AGAIN. It was only today's paper (Independent) that pointed out that he was actually quite average, and that a 19-year-old Villa rookie kept him in check - maybe HE will be the next Gerrard?

The main problem is this - if he was so good, why did he fluff so many goal chances - three or four according to this morning's report? Scholes and Lampard are similar players, more so now that the 'dynamic and versatile' Gerrard is playing off the lone striker.

Scholes has four in three games and been consistently impressive for ten years, Lampard has been scoring consistently this season, and Gerrard has scored F**K ALL recently.

They are great players, Gerrard is all bustle and no result (fur coat, no knickers, etc., etc.). Liverpool actually have fewer wins without him in the team then when he plays - a FACT, so much for all the 'cavalier, swashbuckling' bo**ocks. Like little Michael Owen, Gerrard's biggest fault is that he believes the drivel the press churn out. However, think smoke and mirrors and you are closer to the truth.

And like little Michael, bless him and his saintly ways, Gerrard will screw Liverpool and f**k off, like other 'favourites' - McManaman being a prime example. Take the money and run, and invest in good players. Benitez has bought well - no-one can claim his signings have not played well, and he has got the best out of previous failures like Biscan, Traore and even Diao. Take £30 million from someone, and buy a better squad.

Gerrard: will he be kissing Chelsea's or Real's badge when they up his wages and he whores himself to 'greater ambition' and his 'England career'? What an insult to the remaining players at Liverpool - a bit like the players who Rooney left at Everton, who now are better off without him and sit above him in the table.

And Gerrard's hype and over-rated status as 'The Best Player In The World Ever, Even Better Than That Pele Bloke', is summed up by two things:

- Last season, he was s**t until Christmas, getting himself ready for a nice end-of-season move, by any chance? The only benefit to Liverpool this season is that he will have to put himself in the shop window to get a move to his beloved Chelsea, Real or his beloved whoever-will-pay-him-£100k-a-week.

- He is English. There is a history of English players being over-hyped while others get over-looked - Ronnie Wheelan and Ray Houghton were wonderful players, and they lived in the shadow of the less wonderful but equally-lauded McMahon at Liverpool, for example. Gerrard is English, and England Expects, so he must be wonderful. My ****** - England will win NOTHING until they get rid of the prima donna clique (Beckham, Owen, Gerrard, Dot Cotton) and get a realistic assessment of their limited abilities.

How must the rest of the team feel when they read about this one-man show? Hyypia is rubbish then, is he? Or Carragher (Liverpool's best player by a mile, forget Gerrard). Or Alonso, or any of them (except Kewell, he IS sh*t). Gerrard is all smoke and mirrors, and while he will be a good player one day, we don't live or die by him.

Liverpool will replace him - in Alonso, they probably already have. Even Biscan plays well now, for f**k's sake! And they look like a team, not with that over-hyped tw*t running round believing his own hype. This sort of glorification of the individual was probably why Liverpool struggled so much towards the end of Toulouse Le Plot's defensive rearguard.

The bottom line is this: Gerrard will continue to bi*ch and moan about things at Anfield. No player should be indulged as he is - tell him to f**k off, take the £30m - we have the much better Xabi Alonso, anyway, and we can buy more players - Wright-Philips would do the job, with Hamman and Alonso in the middle. Gerrard will moan about the board, the possible change of regime and on and on and on until he uses this to justify that he is 'unhappy' at Anfield. His future rumblings in this direction will be a prelude to his departure, and I for one won't miss his self-aggrandising, flatulent posturing and underachieving performances.

Take the money and run, Benitez will use it wisely.
Gary Moss, Liverpool fan

i like the bit where he says

"Liverpool actually have fewer wins without him in the team then when he plays"

contradicting yourself there mate
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:53 am

Where do you find em Peewee ???

I often look around me on the Kop and listen to comments and wonder what game or player thsese people are watching ,....

They say you can't please ALL the people ALL of the time but I thought Stevie was the exception until i read this Numpty;'s comments !!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:54 am

Dalglish wrote:Where do you find em Peewee ???

I often look around me on the Kop and listen to comments and wonder what game or player thsese people are watching ,....

They say you can't please ALL the people ALL of the time but I thought Stevie was the exception until i read this Numpty;'s comments !!!! :D

obvioulsy written in crayon, they dont allow sharp instruments where he is    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:59 am

He says he goes most home games , He probably sits in the Centenary satnd with the rest of the Boo Boys ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:04 am

yeah, he probably sits next to someone, listens to him and assumes thats everyones feelings
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:09 am

Exactly !!!!!!!! I was trying to summarise the exact same point but its late here LOL:P

Reminds me of the bloke who listens to his mates talking in the pub but doesn't quire understand so spouts the line anyway :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:14 am

yeah, they guy of the fast show in the pub  :D

"right, Banks in goal....................."
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:26 am

:laugh: PMSL
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:43 am

Having watched most home games for the last eight years, he is a very impressive player, no doubt, but he's not that good...yet.

SG has been the best there was for us recently, especially in Premier league if that's the most you know about the footballing game.

My ****** - England will win NOTHING until they get rid of the prima donna clique (Beckham, Owen, Gerrard, Dot Cotton) and get a realistic assessment of their limited abilities.

Yes, they must get rid of the prima donna mentality but not the players. The players are as good as it is. Though England might still not win a thing yet. And for getting SG into that clique, this Gary Moss is full of ******. SG knows his passion about his football and our club and his country. What do you know, Moss head!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:01 pm

Some truth in it, i believe Gerrard will screw this club over... However...

He's stupidly underating him as a player... inconsistent? Yes. But the fact is he can do EVERYTHING!
115-1073096938

Postby fivecups » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:31 pm

The article is rubbish.

Gerard is that good, and has been for years.

He is consistently man of the match because he's consistently the best player on the pitch.

The only thing he's right about is that there are rumblings. There are persistent rumours and the press are certainly not going to give up on it. It is similar to last summer with both Stevie and Michael Owen.

I'll say it again. If he's not fully commited to the club and is thinking about leaving then he should go, and we should get as much as possible for him. Otherwise we should do everything in our power to keep him.

What worries me is that despite the incessant rumour-mongering Steven Gerarrd has at no point stood up and said he has no intentions of going anywhere.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:33 pm

this guy has no right calling himself a Liverpool fan, he is clueless.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:34 pm

anyone got an email addy for this guy so we can all send him an abusive e-mail.   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:41 pm

garymoss@hotmail.com  :D
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:47 pm

peewee wrote:I for one won't miss his self-aggrandising, flatulent posturing and underachieving performances.

based on this comment, he has never watchec Gerrard in his life.

I have read over it agian and come to this conclusion

"Gary Moss is THE SINGLE MOST clueless Liverpool fan ever, and I am disgraced that he associates himself at all with our great club"
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion