Gerrard - Football365

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:55 pm

Dalglish wrote:He says he goes most home games , He probably sits in the Centenary satnd with the rest of the Boo Boys ???

the nose bleed section
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:59 pm

just sent the editor of football 365 an e-mail

"I am just writing to you concering the aformentioned piece in the subject of this e-mail.

I know the section it is in is for opinions, but why you bothered putting in the article by Gary Moss about Gerrard is a mystery to me. The man must be watching a different game to the rest of us beacuse everyone can see that Steven Gerrard is one of the most talented players in the premiership and he practically carried Liverpool into 4th spot last season.

how this muppet can even say Gerrard is over - hyped, under-performing etc is beyond me, and as a quality football site I wonder why you would put such drivel on your website."
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:11 pm

"Liverpool actually have fewer wins without him in the team then when he plays"

That lines pure class, He writes a whole article on hoiw sh!t gerrard is and then proveshim self wrong the d!ck.....Sounds like jealous Chelsea scumbag tw@ts to me who cant handle the f@ct romans roubles wont buy them everything
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:45 pm

"Flatulant posturing?". Is this to give him more propulsion around the pitch? Mind you, he is pacy. Have the dieticians at Melwood got Stevie on the old Hienz diet. Jeez based on that, me dad would have broken the Olympic 100 metres world record. Would've been like his own personal jet-pack.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:41 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Some truth in it, i believe Gerrard will screw this club over... However...

He's stupidly underating him as a player... inconsistent? Yes. But the fact is he can do EVERYTHING!

Im with Stu on this I think there are elements of truth in this but the attack is a bit personal and he is a class player but I have to say that as good a player he is the constant hints at leaving whether they come from him or not do wind me up

Hopefully with Raffa he will be a bonus player not a necessity to get us a fourth place as he was last season as I wouldnt have blamed him for leaving after that debacle but now he is staying a committed statement would be nice from him
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:52 pm

Cant believe people still critise him and his caracter when he turned down a 100k+ contract from Chelsea, the only reason that stopped him goin was his heart (there was rumours that he got told if he left he and his family were in danger, but thats just a rumour) If he didnt support us he have been off quicker than Rooney to the scum.....At least he had the balls to stay and give benitez a chance instead of owen.....Thats gettin screwed over
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:52 pm

The guy does have a few points actually. However he is dismissing Gerrard as a star, not a great player i.e. Beckham. He is a fantastic player.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:56 pm

To be absolutely fair to Gerrard, its not four months since he turned down Chelski and stayed with us. Every interview I've seen him give had displayed determination and loyalty, his body language indicates someone who cares about the club. If we're not careful, when we keep on about about him saying he's comitted "say it again Stevie, we never get tired of hearing it honest" ther is probably a danger we will pee him off further.
While we don't get tired of hearing it, you can bet your life he gets tired of saying it. He's our player for now, very few players stay with one club for a whole career these days (indeed you could make a case for this being derogatory to a players developement) so lets enjoy him while we can. When he goes, and I say when quite deliberately, lets get the best fee we can and not waste the ferkin money this time. Rafa seems to have the right idea, buy someone who has actually got a clue. It's so refreshing.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:16 am

anyway quite a few people have written to football365 to give gary moss some stick

http://www.football365.com/opinion/mailbox/story_136499.shtml
112-1077774096

Postby marcus.c » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:07 am

Steven Gerrard is the spine of Liverpool. He is an extremely influential figure. It is true that with the addition of $30 million, it can buy a couple of good players but what $30 million can't buy is passion - passion to the game, passion to bring glory back to Anfield. Gerrard has that drive and passion to accomplish that goal.

Special players score special goals on special occasions.
marcus.c

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:24 pm

peewee wrote:anyway quite a few people have written to football365 to give gary moss some stick

http://www.football365.com/opinion/mailbox/story_136499.shtml

good to hear, i sent the editor an e-mail as i posted above.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 5th_Hokage » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:04 pm

It seems like the media has succeed in changing many fans opinion on SG. What I remember was just months ago, he single handedly drag us into CL place and turned down a 100k contract. Some remarks made of him recently will only hasten his departure. What's the point of showing loyalty when the fans are more concern of the $$ he can bring from a transfer??
5th_Hokage

Postby kenco » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:40 pm

stevie g, is a great player, no doubt about that.it just seems to me that a lot of people in this forum tend to go overboard about him.just like they did about owen, who was a passenger at anfeild in his last two seasons.or the threads about fowler's return from man city[total rubbish]we havn't sunk that low yet!!!. and yes their are times when we play more as a team without gerrard,in some games almost everything seems to rotate around him,we become over reliant on him.when he dosen't play there seems to be more flow about the side,alonso takes more of a major role in the team becomes more of a playmaker the play becomes much more fluent,more players a much more commited to the cause.simply because not every move is flowing through one man.now dont it for one second think that i'am saying we would be better off without him,i'am not.but i do think we should be far less reliant on him that we are.    ???
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:50 pm

kenco wrote:stevie g, is a great player, no doubt about that.it just seems to me that a lot of people in this forum tend to go overboard about him.just like they did about owen, who was a passenger at anfeild in his last two seasons.or the threads about fowler's return from man city[total rubbish]we havn't sunk that low yet!!!. and yes their are times when we play more as a team without gerrard,in some games almost everything seems to rotate around him,we become over reliant on him.when he dosen't play there seems to be more flow about the side,alonso takes more of a major role in the team becomes more of a playmaker the play becomes much more fluent,more players a much more commited to the cause.simply because not every move is flowing through one man.now dont it for one second think that i'am saying we would be better off without him,i'am not.but i do think we should be far less reliant on him that we are.    ???

I agree but if he is going he should be honest so the team can start get used to playing without him, but at this moment in time him and Alonso are the only 2 world class acts in our team and a liverpool without Gerrard would be like anfield without the kop.
And if he does go the captains armband should be given to Jamie as he will be our driving force in the future :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:19 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
kenco wrote:stevie g, is a great player, no doubt about that.it just seems to me that a lot of people in this forum tend to go overboard about him.just like they did about owen, who was a passenger at anfeild in his last two seasons.or the threads about fowler's return from man city[total rubbish]we havn't sunk that low yet!!!. and yes their are times when we play more as a team without gerrard,in some games almost everything seems to rotate around him,we become over reliant on him.when he dosen't play there seems to be more flow about the side,alonso takes more of a major role in the team becomes more of a playmaker the play becomes much more fluent,more players a much more commited to the cause.simply because not every move is flowing through one man.now dont it for one second think that i'am saying we would be better off without him,i'am not.but i do think we should be far less reliant on him that we are.    ???

I agree but if he is going he should be honest so the team can start get used to playing without him, but at this moment in time him and Alonso are the only 2 world class acts in our team and a liverpool without Gerrard would be like anfield without the kop.
And if he does go the captains armband should be given to Jamie as he will be our driving force in the future :cool:

i totally agree!!!!!!! :)  :)
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion