Gerrard family abuse - Has anyone heard of any, really?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:09 am

All the tabloids have been reporting that one of the reasons Gerrard stayed, (as if it was nothing to do with his love of the club) was the abuse his family were getting and were likely to get if he moved to the Chelsea rotters.

Is it just me or was this a tool to sell more papers and make it a bit more sensational to the cost of Liverpool and it's citizens. 

I for one have not been posting as regular lately because it's been like a graveyard for facts, Euro 2004 has been taking up most of my time in the evenings plus i've been busy with my own website.  Not too many matches or situations to talk about concerning the Reds.  Too many rumours going around about this and that, what Spanish players are we going to sign, Hamann, Hargreaves, Duff, Parker, which brings me onto the rumours I have been hearing regarding Steven Gerrard.

Is anyone here actually from Huyton and has anyone heard of this so-called abuse to his family?  I for one cannot believe it.  Be serious, if you saw Steven Gerrard's family in the street, would you really be stupid enough to start calling them names in the street or abusing them?  Where do the papers get this ****** from? 

I have been in a local pub in the past and seen (Gerrard's missus) Alex sitting there with her mates not bothering anyone, and nobody has gone up to her hurling abuse at her because she lives with Gerrard.  People would think you were a lunatic.

I might write an e-mail to FourFourTwo about this, and all of the papers concerned.

It appears Chelsea have everyone in their pockets.  It was probably all down to them.

So, paper talk?  Or the abuse is happening.  What citizens of Liverpool are hurling this abuse?  I cannot believe it.  Saying that on a final note, I didn't ever expect the graffitti on Melwood last year. 

Definitely surprised......
jonnymac1979

Postby taff » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:24 am

A very good friend of mine lives in Huyton and he is always spot on with info. Ive sent him an email and if he's about Ill post it on.  He knew Gerrard before he was a first team player and knows the family.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:18 pm

Hope he never like, because no 1 deserves that
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:32 pm

My mate is like the scarlet pimpernel but as soon as he replies Ill post it on. I reckon its nonsense they probably did have a couple of scallies mouthing off but I cant honestly see any serious threats being made.

The last time I spoke to hime he said that Gerrard had decided to go which was true but luckily he changed his mind but he was also very supportive as "who can blame him in a way trying his heart out and having players who are not up to the task or are not putting in the same commitment." I honestly believe Benitez saved the day and sold the club to him.

Sometimes there is no conspiracy theory and it might be as simple as that he'd had enough and was going to leave but had his mind changed.  He is after all a local lad who does love the club he plays for
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:24 pm

It's a load of ******,created by a bitter Chelsea journalist working for the Daily Mail.He thought he had the inside story on Gerrard going to the Russian Mafia outfit,but had his eye wiped.The sad get decided to print a story claiming it was death threats and abuse towards Stevie and his family that put the frighteners on,so he decided to stay at Anfield.It's all a heap of lies,but we as fans,have no recourse to the law to sue the ****** for such scurrelous claims.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:28 pm

It really p****s me off when newspapers can print total lies and we have to except it,defend ourselves and listen to ignorant ****** who read the trash and believe there "is no smoke without fire".
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:33 pm

Paper tells Lies.

Lies are found out.

Paper tells more lies to get out of admitting it was wrong.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:42 pm

papers never admit to being wrong,just mis-quoted
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:23 pm

Lads don't worry,When somebody finally opens there mouths and say's i was not getting death threats you lying t*** then the Paper that wrote this utter rubbish will feel gutted.
As i live on the coast most of the time i have only heard of one paper that has followed this stupid nonsense even the so called men's papers (you know the one's WINK WINK) have not followed the story.
As for 442 and PORKY PARRY the EVERTONIAN he only wants to believe bad things about LFC F*** him stupid git,Just suppose Chelski can't understand that money is not as strong as love,the papers have come to the threat conclusion cos Stevie was not laughing his ****** of at the press conference yeh and he is a barrell of laughs at the best of times OH PLEASE!.:angry:
Stevie probably looked like that cos he was embarassed anyway what happened to taking his word for his love for LFC and fans i don't think he had a hand up his jersey when he spoke.
The only stick his family probably got is of some 8year old kid.
Last edited by mistyred on Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:12 pm

It was the newspapers who said gerrard had gone.
Its the newspapers that are saying this.
If Gerrard was getting death threats and other abuse from Liverpool fans. (which i dont think he was) then if i were him i would of left.
If anyone did do this they should be banned from all Liverpool games for life.
Gerrard was the biggest reason we got in the champions league and has been our best player for years.
I didnt want him to go but if he had i would of cheered him when returning to anfield.
Because he owes the club nothing, even more so now, as he's staying.
He wants to win stuff and under houlier he didnt see that happening. Thank god we got a new manager
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:17 pm

DAV that about sums it up
You cant blame Chelsea for trying to get him but why cant they accept the fact that he is staying and not every player wants to jump onto Romans pirate ship.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:26 pm

ive got to say £120 grand a week is tempting.
Gerrard must be the biggest die hard liverpool fan ever to turn that down. (good on the lad)
He has always said he wants to stay at liverpool but he wants to win stuff.
So if in 2 years time he goes because we are failing i wouldnt have a problem with him going.
But hopefully with the new manager we will compete with arsenal,chelsea and scum.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion