Gerrard england captain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:12 am

on the radio today they are say the Gerrard should take over a england captain, due to the fact that Becks looks unfit.
i would be good for liverpool to say that we the  england captain but I dont think it would be good for Gerrard
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:20 am

Lakes 10

My onion (for what its worth) is that its too much too soon, but hey I don't get paid to make those decisions.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:38 am

It is difficult to envisage Sven demoting Becks as it seems that the present manager really loves Becks, who can do no wrong.

I think that it is also possible that there are other players ahead of Gerrard in the eyes of Sven - Owen, Lampard (what else can explain the fact that Gerrard is always compromised when it comes to playing position?).

As for the England captaincy, perhaps it is also true to say that it is a bit too soon for Gerrard now.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:59 am

i think you are both right that it is to soon for Gerrard but if he did it might give Brcks a boot up the ar**
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:05 pm

To be honest, Gerrard needs to develop other aspcets of his "leadership" other than the playing side. While he is an excellent player who has time and time again taken the game by the scruff of the neck for Liverpool, he seem to lack the element of rallying or b*ll*cking his team mates like Graeme Souness used to do for us, or Roy Keane or Tony Adams. Even Patrick Viera comes short when compared to Adams.

Perhaps in time he will be able to channel his energies towards this. He is still very young at 23-24 but then, Adams became captain of Arsenal at 22.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion